“Excellent 3 star hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Friendly staff, clean room, good size pool, good breakfast and 4pm free finger food !!! I will stay Drury again and recommend to fried.

1  Thank Sonomi525

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while visiting family. The people who were staying at the hotel at the time we were left a real bad taste in our mouth. It was nearly impossible to get a drink or food during the Drury's "happy hour." The continental breakfast also left much to be desired. People were treating it as if it was full buffet. People were literally stuffing yogurts in their pocketbooks as if they would never see food again.

At night there were droves of people hanging outside the hotel which was disruptive when we we're trying to sleep. We didn't feel very safe coming home from late dinners to all of the people huddled around outside.

We attempted to go in the swimming pool one afternoon and the pool was disgusting! A layer of oil was floating on top of the water. There were tons of children in the pool unsupervised. My husband and I refused to even put our feet in the water because it was so gross.

The only positive thing I can say about the resort is that the staff was friendly. Other than that I've got nothing. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Diane M
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We recently stayed for one night on the way back from the beach. The hotel staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. The pool area is nice with an indoor/outdoor pool and a hot tub. They offer a free breakfast and dinner with a variety of foods. Starting at 3:00 they have free popcorn and drinks available in the lobby. The hotel is older and could stand to be updated, not up to the usual Drury Inn standards.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We travel probably 300 days of the year, we had never stayed at a Drury Inn. We decided to stay here because pets were free! They also offer free breakfast and dinner, as well as a free drink. The room was a bit out dated, but very clean and comfortable. We had a large comfortable bed and also a recliner to lounge in. The food left much to be desired, but I am a picky eater. There were lots of people eating and not everyone seemed to be as picky as I was. This location has a pool that was indoor/outdoor. Wish they would have made the outdoor space a little larger because it felt a little cramped. Also, there were a group of teens that came in several times that were not staying at the hotel. They used it as the community pool. The hotel was in a pretty good locations close to resteraunts and walking distance to a fed ex. Overall, nice stay, the staff were friendly as well however,sometimes they were not knowledgeable about if they had space available for adding on nights, and we would have to wait until the morning to find out if we had a place to stay or not and that was a little annoying.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Drury Inn for 4 days while attending a conference across the street.

My room was clean and comfortable. No complaints there.

The wireless internet is absolutely horrible at this hotel. It constantly loses signal. It was so bad that I could hardly load a website. Forget about skyping my family. I use the wireless on my laptop (an HP) all the time at hotels, starbucks, panera, etc. and have NEVER had a problem with it. I ended up checking out and coming home a day early, while still having to pay for my original reservation, because I needed internet to do work. I wouldn't stay here again because of that.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sammi1285
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and we apologize that you left us a day early due to internet issues. We strive very hard to ensure 100% satisfaction for all of our guests. We have recently discovered that we have some weaker internet spots in our building and have been working to correct this issue with our wireless internet service. We hope you will give us another opportunity.
Respectfully,

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We have stayed Drury Inns before, and they have been very nice and the value was great. We had the same expectation for this one in Greensboro. It is showing a lot of wear. The pool area inside had a strong smell of chlorine and water was standing all around the pool deck. The room was comfortable and clean. The 5:30 food buffet was very limited and in a small crowded area. The main thing I noticed as we entered the food area was that the floor was so sticky, that my shoes were sticking as I walked around. On the plus side, the front desk staff and manager were very personable. Overall, it just wasn't the quality and value that I expected from a Drury Inn.

1  Thank roadtrip1084
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit to the Drury Inn. I apologize that you had a concern during your stay, that we were unable to address. We take pride in our hotel, and strive to keep it clean, during our food service, as well as throughout the day and night. When we are busy, we typically are able to accommodate additional guests in our meeting room as overflow during food service times to give all of our guests a great variety of food, and service. We hope you will consider staying with us again so we can truly show you our hospitality.
Regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wife and I planned on staying there for two nights last week. After the first night we checked out. We didn't realize it at first, but the king size mattress was sagging worse than a sway back horse. Needless to say, we didn't get a very good rest. When we checked out early I explained to the desk clerk why we were. She was apologetic, but that was it. Drury touts the fact that if your not completely satisfied, the stay is free. It didn't happen. When I returned home, I got an email from Drury to fill out a satisfaction survey. I did. A couple days later I got a response back from Drury stating "we're sorry we didn't meet your expectations." No offer of a free stay. It was addressed to me by name, with the salutation " Dear Ms". I am a male and my name is definitely a male name. So much for paying attention to particulars.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank birusco
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at the Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro. We are very sorry you experienced a problem with our mattress during your stay. We are in the process of rotating mattresses this month as part of our preventative maintenance program. Our team should have offered the 100% satisfaction guarantee and credited your stay. I have gone ahead and taken care of that, and apologize for the incorrect salutation on the follow up correspondence from your stay. We hope you will reconsider when travelling in the Greensboro area and give us another try.

Respectfully,