“Very basic room good for a one or two night cheap stay.”

Red Carpet Inn Greensboro
Ranked #50 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Orlando, Florida
“Very basic room good for a one or two night cheap stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room was clean but very basic. There was no shampoo, lotion nor a hair dryer. I had to get one from the office and they only had one. The office staff was friendly and helpful and the beds were comfortable. The air conditioner was loud and cycled on and off. This area was full of motels and this one was the last on one of the streets. We got what we paid for.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Red Carpet Inn for an evening while in Greensboro for a job interview. We needed something inexpensive, but hopefully clean. The Red Carpet Inn delivered. It was the least expensive hotel in the area we needed to stay. At first I was worried about what the quality of the hotel would be considering it's low price. We were very pleasantly surprised upon arrival. Our room was clean and well kept. The pillows and blankets were comfortable. The mattress was in excellent shape, and very comfortable. They provided a mini fridge, coffee pot, nice television with remote, table and chairs and convenient lighting and electrical outlets. The carpet was clean, and it was obvious that they'd just recently installed new countertops in the sink area. The bathroom was small, but very clean. No mold or mildew anywhere. The only suggestions that could make the hotel better would be if they could provide an alarm clock, and an iron and ironing board. However, we were informed upon check in that if we needed anything, that we should call the front desk for assistance. However, we did not need an alarm clock, and did not require an iron or ironing board during our stay.

This hotel is convenient to a number of attractions in the Greensboro area, and has a at least a dozen restaurants within 3 blocks. I would recommend this hotel for overnight travelers, or those who are looking for a comfortable and clean room, without paying for some of the bells and whistles that other area hotels provide. It's very budget conscious and fit our needs perfectly. I would stay here again and recommend it to others traveling to the area.

• Liked — cleanliness and cost
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank guava82
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2007

I drove up Veasley from High Point Rd. to check out the accommodations and happened to see Red Carpet's sign $39.95. The clerk, Tammy, was very pleasant and the lobby was clean and neat so I decided to stay. I booked 4 nights and had a very comfortable stay.

The room was clean, neat and restful. I was able to park at the door, which I prefer outside entrances. The air/heat worked just fine and there was a small fridge and microwave, a GREAT convenience. The breakfast WAS NOT continental but muffins, coffee (not very good) and juice. There are no coffee makers nor irons in the rooms, but bed is nice. Also a table and two chairs. A small kitchen-type area has a stainless sink, and the vanity is in the bathroom.

I do plan to return to this facility and would recommend it to others looking for economy.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable bed, fridge, microwave.
  • Disliked — Not real continental breakfast as they stated.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank LadyFisher
kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2007

I recently had to attend a 4 day confrence in Greensboro North Carolina .And found this motel, the price was fair so I decided to give it a try .
I am glad I did ,my stay here was a joy .The staff was very helpful in directions to any location and question I had .There were many of nearby resturuants to choose from .
I arrived on the day the new carpet was just put in so needles to say my stay with red carpet inn was a very clean , quite ,and comfortable stay .I also had a great nights sleep .not muchto the breakfast ,but enough to get you started .and to be greeted so warmly by the staff in the morning is always a plus with me .Yes i would return if in town again .And would bring my family .
Sincerely Probus

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Needed a little more on breakfast
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank probussilver
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a conference in Greensboro NC. We stayed at The Red Carpet Inn for three nights. The room was awful. The floor was dirty and there wer holes in the carpet from cigarette ashes. The bathroom shower knob was absolutely unsanitary. There was so much dirt inside of the knob that I just couldn't use it. The sink in the bathroom area had rust coming from the inside of the hole. It was truly a terrible experience. I will tell all of my friends and family to never stay at that hotel. I know the price was cheaper than others but I guest you do get what you pay for. Next to add to the unsanitary room conditions my husband was approached by a lady who had been staying there at the hotel. She watched him check into our room. When I left to go to my business meeting he stayed in the room and waited for my session to end. While he was waiting this lady called him on the phone and asked him if he would like to have some company because he looked cute. He responded to her by letting her know that he was a minister and he was waiting for his wife to finish her session. He told her that he did not need any company. She told him if he changed his mind to let her know. I thought that was unacceptable. I am going to write a letter to the editor of the Greensboro news and express my opion of that hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Just don't stay there.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank Chlesr

Travelers are raving about these Greensboro hotels