Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. - Big Tree Way
$95
Comfort Suites Airport(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$159
$127
$189
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$90
HIExpress.com
Comfort Inn Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$91
$144
$121
Travelocity
  • Pool
Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$118
$84
Travelocity
$199
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I just stayed at Extended Stay America for two weeks (May-June 2013) and it was fantastic. for the price!. When I booked the rooms, I was skeptical because the on-line reviews were not good, but I noticed it had been recently renovated. The rooms were not big but I had 2 beds (not a bed and a sleeper sofa), which might have made it look smaller. I had 2 dogs and they were very dog friendly and even charged me 1/2 the price listed. The front desk and the house keeping were always friendly and responsive. The kitchens were adequate but I had the feeling that if I needed extra items, they would supply them. There wasn't shampoo/conditioner or dishwasher soap, but I wasn't surprised due to the price. We went to CVS (within walking distance) and bought shampoo/conditioner, and used soap for the dishes. The complementary breakfasts were pretty good and they were friendly when I took a lot of food. My only complaint was that rooms had only room darkening shades which meant when you were in your room and wanted privacy, the room was pitch dark. I got some painters tape and taped a sheet on the window so sunlight could come in during the day and I had privacy. I mentioned this to the manager. He was receptive to the input and wasn't upset I used painters tape and a sheet. I had to stay at this hotel because I sold my house and my new place was not ready. While I hope not to have to stay at a long term hotel in the future, my experience at Extended Stay was surprisingly outstanding.

Room Tip: The back rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife stayed over a year ago so we decided to stay as senior for more than four weeks. Staff was welcoming and helpful, specially Robin T front desk. Room cleaned once a week which was ok. Rates were lowest I found. It was great to have shuttle bus from hotel to and from High Point Furniture market. We also made good use of the kitchen. Free Wi Fi Internet and good TV Chanel selections. We will return next time in Greensboro or other Extended Stay America elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Mrbakh
Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you just need a bed for the night, this hotel is fine. The room was small but clean. However, if you're looking for somewhere for more than a quick overnight, look elsewhere. As I mentioned, the rooms are tiny, and the amenities are nonexistent -- we didn't even get shampoo in the room. The sheets were rough -- it felt like you were sleeping on paper. The "grab-n-go" breakfast consisted of oatmeal packets and hot water. The staff seemed stressed and unwilling to help with basic questions. We paid an exorbitant rate for this hotel because it was an event weekend. Had we grabbed it for $40/night like some other reviewers, it'd be perfectly fine. There are a lot of other hotels in this area, so I'd opt for another if you plan to spend any significant time in your room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bbcarpenter1
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I did not know what to expect when I got this room off of hotwire for $34 a night. When I arrived at the property , there is a big pothole in the parking lot which i felt was not a good sign. Then you get to check in , and very friend staff member Troy got me promptly checked into the two rooms I had reserved. Upon entering the rooms, they were very clean , spacious , and had obviously been renovated recently . The bed was comfortable, had a flat screen lg tv (not many channels though) , a full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave , cooktop , pots and pans, plates, etc. Bathroom was clean. Honestly I do not know what the other reviewers complained about either. At the price , I got way more than I expected.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side of the hotel so as to not hear the noise from the amusement area next door
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Due to my living situation (take care of my terminal mother) I often get a cheap room just to get away or have a few drinks, ya know just to get the heck out of dodge. I often priceline the cheapest in the GSO area and this is the place that I usually get (btw choose west gso and bid 28-30 bux and you should be great, add tax and priceline fees and the place can be had for around 40 a night).

First, no, you are not gonna get concierge service here, it is a lower to mid grade hotel/motel. However, the staff has always been friendly, helpful, and have NEVER had an issue. The rooms are very clean, plenty of towels, and every room has a two burner stove, microwave, full size refrigerator and freezer, and essential dishes/pots and pans. Also, the rooms are equiped with very nice flat screen lg televisions (with HDMI inputs if you want to connect your laptop to play movies or whatnot). You don't get fancy soaps or name brand shampoos/conditioners, but seriously again what are you expecting? It is a budget hotel and AWESOME for the price. I'd much rather have a fridge and microwave (and ice trays) rather than a 50 cent bottle of shampoo, maybe that is just me.

Also, to posters who have complained about the 25 dollar charge for a late checkout I can only assume they are the whiney/entitled guests who don't know how to be courteous and ask politely. I have stayed here at least 5 times and every time I have POLITELY asked for a late checkout and been nice to the person at the front desk and they have allowed me to stay until at least 12pm, sometimes 1pm. I have been told when I ask this early in the evening to ask later once the night shift/early morning person starts working, but I am a night owl so that works out.

In summation, if you want a cheap CLEAN place without the frills but many essentials other places lack, come here! Great location (right in the main shopping drag of GSO off of wendover and awesome Chinese buffet a block away ang right next to celebration station if you have children and want to play putt putt,arcade games, or just have a little fun).

I think all of the previous reviews are bratty people expecting a 4 star hotel at a 2 star price....

Room Tip: Bid 25-30 bux on priceline and choose Greensboro west and you will get a room. I have gotten it for 25 once or twice, so that might just depend on the time but you will certainly get the room for 30 (total of 42ish once priceline fees and taxes are added). :-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo