“Business Trip to GSO”

Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I travel to Greensboro twice a year to attend High Point Furniture Market. I am from the Philippines. I always stay at Super 8, Greensboro Coliseum. Beds are quite comfortable. Rooms are huge and quiet. Staff or FrontDesk or even manager Ms. Nicky Pattel is so nice. One time we were 4 adults and stayed in one room paid only around $ 69.00 a night average. It's usually peak season every time I travel because of the Furniture Show but Super 8 never fails to give me the best value. If you travel to Greensboro, North Carolina you have to make sure that there are restaurants near your hotel, Food is very important to me. Walking Distance there is Lonestar Steakhouse. Chilis. Olive Garden. Wendys. and my Favorite. Hooters. Yes you heard me right. Burlington Coat Company is just right across the street. That is a plus because they have a Baby Depot. Wait. I should not be writing this review, I might not get a room for my next stay. But Super 8, Greensboro Coliseum deserves this review. Don't expect a 5 star Hotel. But if you are just in it for. Price/Value. Comfort. Location. Food. This is a winner.

Room Tip: Get a room on the Ground Floor. There is no elevator. But exercise is never bad for you. :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here while attending a MarketAmerica convention. I don't know where they got their photos for the website, but they aren't from this fleabag! From the first assault on our lungs from the stench of long-term exposure of carpet, walls, and furnishings to cigarette smoke at the time of check-in, to the squad car being summoned for a nonpaying homeless "patron" at the time of our check-out 3 days later, our stay was...let's just say, suboptimal. I did, however, get a nice photograph of the outlet hanging out of the wall, suspended by some wires, which I think the Greensboro fire department may be interested in. We booked and paid for 4 people yet had to go to the desk and beg for more towels on a daily basis. The room came equipped with 2 bath towels, a hand towel and 2 washcloths. I DID check for bedbugs before getting into bed, however, and found the mattress seams to be insect free. Whew! Close one!!

Room Tip: Recommend a room elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The sign reading if you don't check out within 15 minutes of check-in you don't get your money back was the first clue...They may never have vacuumed here. Decor was back door salvation army, cigarette burns through couch and rugs, blanket so pilled it was likely taken from someone homeless. Walls bile yellow with mauve paper border from the 70s. Peeling laminate, sink broken from wall and reset with lumpy yellowed silicone....So smoky at back entrance we thought there were people smoking there as we walked in...then there was the couple having a knock down fight at 4 a.m....no hot water, tv remote didn't work...We were lucky to get out without bedbugs. Only redeeming factor was the clerk was pleasant.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
nickypatel, Manager at Super 8 Greensboro/Coliseum/Conv., responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a guest review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We have currently remodeled all of the rooms with new carpet and new wall paint. We are also in process of remodeling public areas.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 336-855-8888.

Nicky Patel
Manager

Reviewed April 27, 2011

This hotel was the dirtiest, nastiest hotel I have ever seen.

I walked into a 100 degree room and promptly turned on the wall air unit that started spitting out hot air. Fifteen minutes later...still spitting out hot air.

The new room they put me in was worse!!!!! THe wall air unit had all the buttons ripped out!!

The room was all orange; the carpet was nasty...the wood paneling furniture was all ripped...the couch had multiple stains...and there was tons of trash stored when you first walk in the front door!!

I checked myself right out of there and tried the red roof inn across the street! Much better. It's no Hilton, but it was sure alot nicer and the rooms were clean and had working air units.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2011

we went to the greatest band ever .the concert got canceld to the next night every hotel was book because there was afuniture convection going on to. threre was no were else for us to stay . but at this hotel . I feel they took advantage of us .there were knobs missing, the toliet was dirty, sheets were nasty . i went and bought stuf to clean. just so we would have somewhere to stay. the room had a bad order.there was stuff all over the walls . disgusting. how could some rent a room in such bad shape. never will i stay here again . renter be WARE.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple