“OMG RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!!”

Super 8 Greensboro/Coliseum/Conv.
Ranked #58 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed April 27, 2011

This hotel was the dirtiest, nastiest hotel I have ever seen.

I walked into a 100 degree room and promptly turned on the wall air unit that started spitting out hot air. Fifteen minutes later...still spitting out hot air.

The new room they put me in was worse!!!!! THe wall air unit had all the buttons ripped out!!

The room was all orange; the carpet was nasty...the wood paneling furniture was all ripped...the couch had multiple stains...and there was tons of trash stored when you first walk in the front door!!

I checked myself right out of there and tried the red roof inn across the street! Much better. It's no Hilton, but it was sure alot nicer and the rooms were clean and had working air units.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 15, 2011

we went to the greatest band ever .the concert got canceld to the next night every hotel was book because there was afuniture convection going on to. threre was no were else for us to stay . but at this hotel . I feel they took advantage of us .there were knobs missing, the toliet was dirty, sheets were nasty . i went and bought stuf to clean. just so we would have somewhere to stay. the room had a bad order.there was stuff all over the walls . disgusting. how could some rent a room in such bad shape. never will i stay here again . renter be WARE.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Do not believe the pictures you see, this place is a health hazard. There is filth and stench from the moment you walk in the lobby, the hallways, and the rooms. I would have broken my reservation, but did not read the no refund policy. We were in NC for a national track meet and we stayed out of our room as much as possible. I watched cleaning crews clean a room and it was swept with a broom. Not once was a vacuum seen or heard. We had to purchase our own cleaning products to clean our room when we found out we could not break our reservation. This place should be condemned.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Paige06
nickypatel, Manager at Super 8 Greensboro/Coliseum/Conv., responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for any inconvenience. We are currently in process of renovation, and hope you will give us one more chance to serve you better. Thank You.

Reviewed May 6, 2010

We booked 4 rooms , paid in advance to get the cheaper rate. There were 14 in our party. In Greensboro for the NC Middle School All-State Choral Performance at the War Memorial Auditorium/Greensboro Coliseum. Rooms were smelly, dirty, a/c not working, hallway stunk of cigarettes. Our Choral Director and her roomates were moved from initial room to several others and finally left @ 3am for other accomodations (Hyatt). Brand new socks were black after walking on floors for just a few minutes! I stayed all night in my room, but awoke to itching uncontrollably! I had whelps/bites all over my back and down my neck! I didnt have them when I got there! After speaking to the others in the party, we found out that majority of us had the same kind of whelps/bites!!!! I will say that the Manager- Ms Patel was very helpful in getting us a FULL REFUND once she saw my back! ( I do feel that this was done - due to SEVERAL call s being made to Travel=web.com and the home office of Super 8) Its been 2 weeks and I still have the whelps/bites on my back!!!!!!!!!! The kicker in our expereince was when the guy at the front desk made this comment: You paid for the cheap rooms- what did you expect?!!!!!!!!
Dont go here! You will regret it! We all decided to check out Friday morning and most of us went just up the road and stayed at Ramada and had a lovely nights sleep- well all the while itching!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sunshynne3151
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Bates hotel is putting this place mildly!

My friend and I checked in here because it was a decent price, it had a good rating (on city search) and we were travel-weary. Not being familiar with the area, we guessed it may be as good as we could hope for.

The lobby seemed tolerable, but beyond those lobby doors.... The first tip off for us should have been the lack of ANY vehicles in the parking lot. The second (after we checked in) was the AWFUL smell of the hallway... a blend of cigarette smoke and old gym socks! The crumbs/dirt in the hall made it worse and the gigantic spider in the corner should have been the last straw! But wait... it gets better. The room was frigid and the sad little wall heater could barely make it livable. The whole place gave me the creeps but my friend and I decided we should tolerate it as it beat the dangerous driving conditions... that is until I pulled back the shabby bed cover to find dirty sheets with what appeared to be dead mites and hair all over the sheets!!!!!!!!!!!

We quickly made our way back to the lobby to get a refund and get the heck out, but were told that they have (get this) a 15 MINUTE CHECK OUT POLICY (which, by the way, they neglect to tell you about when you check in)!!!!!!! That means, if you choose to check out a mere 16 minutes after you check in, you will NOT get a refund!!!!!!!!!! (Why? Because it may take you over 15 minutes to really grasp the nastiness of this place!) We were checking out 20 minutes after check in. I demanded a refund and told them I would report them to the BBB if he would not cooperate! After some deliberation, he conceded! We couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Long story short, if you are in the area and need accomodation... go one more exit north and stay at the double-tree. It will cost you a little more, but it sure is worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Stayed here for one night following an event at the Greensboro Coliseum. No problems checking in. Booked a nonsmoking king room, and that was exactly what we were given. The room was a decent size, with a bed, loveseat, and table/chairs. Not particularly clean, though. There was a huge hair on the bathroom sink and the table in the living area had all sorts of smudges and fingerprints on it, so apparently it wasn't wiped down after the last guests left. Bathroom also had an odd smell to it, although the room itself smelled fine. Location is okay, with several bars and restaurants within walking distance, but nothing special. Bottom line; you know what you're getting with Super 8, and although this one is probably a bit below average, it's fine for a night or two if you can get a decent rate. If you want anything more than bare bones accommodations though, you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank more_jello_please
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We stayed here 4 nights and they never changed our sheets. They only cleaned our room once the whole time. When we complained to the manager, he didn't say anything. Acted like he didn't care. The room looked old and outdated. There was mold in the tub also. Our room was non-smoking, but it didn't really matter because the hallway smelled like a smoke stack. It drifted into the room. I definitely will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business