“Great place! ”

Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum
Ranked #51 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
“Great place! ”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly, helpful and extremely gracious. They recommended some good places to eat, my room was great and Lori was fantastic in the breakfast area! I will definitely stay here when I come back to Greensboro.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
RAHEJA, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
We very much appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel. We appreciate you recognizing the efforts of the staff. I will be happy to let laurie know that she made your party feel so welcomed, as we strive to provide each and every guest with the best possible customer service and value. Thank you for your business and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Archbald, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was the second time staying at the Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum. Last year great, this year just so so. 2 double bed rooms have exterior corridors. No big deal, however our air conditioner kept shutting off and it was very hot that day. Front desk moved us to an accessible, interior room which was larger and seemed cooler than other room. Well, it still was hot in the room even though the digital air conditioner read 60 degrees (lowest it would go). I don't think it was accurate. At 60 we should have been freezing! Our room was also right by the ice machine. Do NOT stay anywhere near the ice machine if you expect to sleep at all. Breakfast was very good with lots of offerings. Lots of parking. Would return again if I only need a king room.

Room Tip: King room if possible. NOT by the ice machine.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank lrw401
pegh8696
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were greeted by a friendly night clerk. We reserved the Suite. The room was roomy with 2 mini fridges, a microwave, and a coffee pot. The only recommendation I have for the room is too flip the floor plan so you do not have to walk through the sleeping area to get to the living room. Also a second bathroom would be a perk. When we arrive the pool area (extremely small) appeared clean. However this was not the case after 10pm. It was littered with towels, clothing, and trash. This was still the condition as of 9am the next morning. The breakfast dining area was also extremely small. 20 people could not easily eat at the same time. The food selection was very limited. No waffles or breakfast meats were served. Biscuits with a sausage gravy, weird looking eggs, apple and orange juice, yogurt, milk, cereal, instant plain oatmeal, oranges, and various pastries, bagels, and English muffins were available. I believe hard boiled eggs were also served.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am sure some visitors would find this hotel a good place to stay, but as my title says , it is not for me. My biggest issue is the lack of security on the doors to the buildings. The electronic locks on the external doors seems to be out of order and you can pull the doors open at any hour of the day. My ac unit was very noisy; i did not complain to management about this because I am sure they know and I was told the hotel was full. I did not spend too much time in the hotel because I was very active while in Greensboro.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Troy B
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our Hotel. I am sorry to see that you had an unpleasant experience during your stay. We are in the process of upgrading our doors one at a time. I assure you we take it seriously the security of our guests and have fixed the doors.
Management has been made aware of your concerns as the safety of our guest is our number one concern. I am sorry you did not see us at our best and hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. Thank you for your business.
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Nothing exciting to see here. Just a standard hotel for the money. My wife and I stayed in a room with a double bed as the larger beds/rooms were booked or would have been much more expensive. The front desk apologized for the small size of the room but we thought it was about average (147). I guess the other double rooms are much larger?
The room was clean and comfortable. There were large groups staying there at the time and they appeared to be made up of HS age kids and they can be noisy but we were not disturbed all night. Running the fan on the heat/air always helps, too.
The breakfast was good with the usual items: juices, coffee, Danishes, cereal and fruit. One plus was eggs - scrambled egg patties and hard boiled.
The only complaint was no hair dryer. I think that is very unusual for any hotel these days even for the cheaper places.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom W
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Well the space in the rooms made for a nice stay. The beds, pretty nice and relaxing.
I got some use out of the exercise room so that was pretty good as well (even though there isn't a remote for the TV).
The staff was nice both times I had to interact with them.
Perhaps the doors to the rooms should be replaced one day to not look like they have all been chiseled into. It has the appearance that someone might have tried to work their way into my room overnight.

Room Tip: I would certainly want the 2nd floor rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank drkappasig
RAHEJA, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your business. We have renovated everything in the hotel except the doors. We can assure you security is not an issue at the hotel. We are in the process of fixing and replacing our doors as funds become available. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.
Management
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is my third time staying at this hotel for an annual workshop at the Greensboro Coliseum and my previous two stays were great but this year has been a VERY different story. Upon arrival I learned that they had booked my male and female students' double rooms as adjoining rooms, even though I requested that we have no adjoining rooms unless it was a king and a double room (for a chaperone to have an adjoining room with their assigned students) because we would have boys in one room and girls in another. Unfortunately they were fully booked so I gave one of my chaperones the double room that adjoined the girls double room and I made the boys share a king room across the hall from mine. A colleague's room next door to mine had OBVIOUSLY been smoked in that day (as had the front lobby) but there are signs all over the hotel (even on my bedside table) saying that this hotel is 100% smoke free and when he picked up the phone to call the front desk, it didn't work. There had been a soda or something sticky spilled all over the tile in my entryway and my flip flop literally stuck to the floor. Two of my students staying in the room across the hall had a dirty washcloth still hanging on their shower curtain. I heard a whistling sound in my room and after I pulled my curtains back, my windows were left open with no way to lock them. I was the 2nd floor, but COME ON!

The nail in the coffin was the BUG situation. My female students called me first thing in the morning to say that they had been battling these big brown bugs all night/morning. I went down to check and there were these round brown bugs (not roaches or water bugs) ALL OVER THE ROOM! I had been fine and let all slide up to this point but now I was livid. I went to tell the front desk and they asked me if they could come in the room to fix the problem while we were at our conference during the day. When we returned I had the students go check to see if there were any signs of the bugs and the room had obviously been cleaned but as I was walking out I turned around to be eye to eye with one of the bugs on the lamp shade. I took a picture and headed to the front desk again. The attendant called the manager who said there were no signs of bugs in the room when they came in that day and argued with me! I pulled out the picture I had JUST taken to show the attendant and even after she confirmed it to him, he still maintained that there were no bugs. JERK!!! I demanded a new room or a refund immediately in order to stay somewhere else that night. There was only one room available on the other side of the hotel and it was another king so I had to shuffle my female students into my chaperone's double room next door and I had to move her to the new king room.

This was ABSOLUTELY the worst experience I have EVER had in a hotel. I travel very often and am very flexible and easy going about my hotel and I have rarely ever called the front desk about anything and this was truly a nightmare. The attendants tried their best and were very nice but the hotel manager was a complete idiot and the hotel is a complete disaster. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Luke H
RAHEJA, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at our hotel past weekend. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you faced during your stay. I am very disappointed at the choice of words that you used to describe the Manager. The management has not changed since your previous stays with this Hotel. We take pride in taking care of every guest.
When you booked your rooms, there was no indication you were going to have male and female students or that you did not want adjoining rooms. When we see reservations under the same name, we usually try to put the rooms closer together. Adjoining rooms have locks and you can not connect to the other room. If you had Chaperones in the other room, this should not have been a issue. Secondly you never confirmed your reservation with any form of payment. The Front desk agent called you to confirm if you were coming and we as a courtesy held your rooms after the cancellation deadline of 4 pm. Your group was the last group to arrive and the hotel was sold out for the night. We had 14 High schools that stayed with us but not one complain.

When you first complained to the front desk in the morning, we took your complaint seriously and took care of the issue. You did not wish to change rooms at that time. As you have in the picture (stink bug) not any other bugs that is what the Head Housekeeper found in the room.
We have no idea how that bug entered the room, but we took care of it immediately. This is an indoor-outdoor hotel. We are making sure the doors are well sealed so this does not happen again.

When you complained the second time, we again apologized and explained to you what was discovered. Terminix will be out Monday to check how the Stinky bugs entered the room. The manager tried her best to explain that to you and moved you to the last available room for that night. Manager also comped the room and issued a refund for that night.
You paid by check and we were not able to refund you in cash. A check has been issued for the one night. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding this visit.

You have stayed with us in the past and we hope you will consider this as an isolated incident and give us a chance to serve you again.