“Quality Inn Coliseum, GSO”

Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum
Ranked #50 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I found the hotel good for the value and my needs. You are minutes away from the coliseum (as the name suggests), and the location, alone, is really nice. You are within walking distance (less than 5 min) to restaurants, such as Hooters, Biscuitville, a steakhouse, and Ham's. The hotel, itself, along with the Super 8, appears to be on the edge of a neighborhood, which probably contributed to its being quiet.

The staff was nice, and let me check in a little early, in spite of the fact that they were still trying to get all the rooms ready from the previous night's guests. The room, itself, was fine for me. The only issue I had was that one of the exterior doors leading into the main building seemed stuck, even when using my room key.

It was my first stay here, and I wouldn't hesitate to return in the future.

Room Tip: First, building second floor rooms seem fine. If you don't like the sunlight waking you up in t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I got out of the Hampton Inn nearby at 10:30 pm on May 3, 2013 because I could not put up with the loudest music came through the wall from the next room. Across the street, I saw this Quality Inn and Super 8. I picked up Quality Inn without specific reasons just looking for a rest in a quiet room and it was there. We (myself and my 13-old son) stayed in a 2-bed room on the second floor.

As other reviewers wrote, this is an old hotel with renovated interiors. The renovation was well done with granite surfaces, etc., but I still feel 80's and cannot be compared with the level of sophistication of the brand-new hotels like the Hampton Inn. The positive side is that not many people want to hold a party here :) .

Bedding was clean and comfortable even though it was a little too soft to my preference. 32-inch Sony LCD TV was just enough for watching ESPN. The water of toilet did not stop as quickly as it should (it stopped after a while). Bath was basic, but it worked very well. Breakfast was also basic (cereals, muffins, bananas, yogurt, etc.). Coffee was OK.

In short, it is a basic hotel, but considering the price, I think it is still very good.

Room Tip: As another reviewer wrote, there are the rooms whose entries are from inside the hotel hallways and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We checked in late last night to the Quality Inn. We were not allowed in the lobby but were in a little entry area while the desk clerk was safely locked behind safety glass. This seriously concerned me about the area. But what blew my mind was that we were directed out the door and to enter another door to the rooms - it was standing WIDE OPEN at almost midnight! The door doesn't shut or lock properly, so when it's opened it scrapes and stands open. In other words, anyone from the outside can gain access to the hotel. I shut the door and went in. When I came out this morning. The door is wide open again. I have mentioned this twice to the clerks at the reception, and they just said that the guests were leaving it open. FIX THE DOOR!!!! Don't stay here. The rooms are "adequate," but smell stale even though it is a non-smoking hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Horrible very old hotel. First of all, the hotel's website states interior corridors which led me to believe all entries were from inside the hotel hallways. Not so. We were given a room at the back of the hotel, exterior door, first floor. Front desk clerk said she had nothing on anything other than first floor. My cousin and I were attending a Beth Moore conference at the coliseum and booked this hotel for its location. However, two females did not feel very safe at the back of a hotel on the first floor with an exterior door surrounded by a Red Roof Inn and a Super 8. The room smelled like smoke even though it is 100% smoke free so we were either mistaking it for a musty smell or the smoke is still in the carpet from when smoking rooms were allowed. Pieces of porcelain were missing from tub and shower shelves were ripped off with caulk still attached, dead bugs in corners near ceiling. Awful. I even called Choice Hotels to inform them about the misleading website and they offered no assistance, no compensation. Do yourself a favor and pay extra to stay at Doubletree by Hilton or the Koury Sheraton if you need to stay in this area. We should have.

Room Tip: Don't bother. Neither the rooms nor the hotel is not anywhere near the newer-looking Comfort In...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have stayed at numerous quality inns amognst a plethera of other hotel chains. I book this room because we were going to a show at the greensboro coliseum. I cant say enough about the convenience and proximity to the venue. Tons of restaurants including hooters, logans, and all the chinese ans mexican you can handle. The hotel itself ks old and looks like it could use some tlc. But the rooms are clean and modern with dridge, microwave, flat screen tvs and all new interior. Yes its not a marriot but nontheless its nice enough and priced right. Staff is very nice too.

Room Tip: I got the king and its comfy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jason D
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised! I got an upstairs king room. Everything had been updated nicely and everything was very clean (which is usually a complaint of mine). The only thing negative I can say is that the breakfast isn't very good. I stayed the night before New Years Eve and the front desk even gave us a can of shortbread cookies for a New Years gift! I have never had a hotel give me something before, except for when I stayed in a Resort. The area looks a little sketch but it is located near a lot of restaurants and a mall. I would definitely stay there again. The bed was comfy, no loud noises, friendly front desk, the price was unbeatable, overall an excellent value!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have interior doors and an interior hallway, downstairs rooms have exterior doors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank basbana
A TripAdvisor Member
Greensboro
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed one night. We chose the quality inn because it was near to where we wanted to attend graduation and not terribly expensive. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable and clean. the people at the front desk were friendly, professional and helpful when I called a few times to arrange details. The breakfast was generous.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member