“Not up to Quality Inn standards”

Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum
Ranked #51 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Not up to Quality Inn standards”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Extremely friendly stand, especially Tiffani who checked us in. We had reserved (and paid extra) for a king size bed. But we're offered a ground floor room with 2 queens. Bonus- were able to park right outside our room. But the beds turned out to be regular doubles.

Showed my AARP card and Quality Inn membership card but was not offered a discount

Older property. Stains in bathroom and sink.

In room coffee service had a single packet of decaf coffee

Breakfast room is very small with people lined up waiting for tables on a Sunday morning. Could not find an attendant for the breakfast bar to point out empty food servers. Juice dispenser had run dry by 8:00am.

Business center in the lobby had a sign stating "out of order" WiFi service also not working when we returned to our room.

Easy to locate, many restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. But the property needs an overhaul.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hanover, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was traveling in Greensboro, NC visiting family. I had a reservation at another hotel in the area, but when I went to check in at that hotel after being on the road for 7 hours, they would not honor a lower price I found online. I cancelled my reservation, and went across the street to the Quality Inn. I explained the situation, and asked for a room to accomadate 4. They were quick to help and were very accomadating.. The price was right and the room was clean and modern! We had no problems in this hotel and the free breakfast really saved my family money! Will be staying here again for sure!!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms really don't cost much more, and the hot tubs are worth the extra money!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We chose not to stay at this Motel. My military ID was not good enough to suit the clerk. Nothing but a driver's license would do. In this day and age with our troops dying in the middle east and their families traveling long distances, not to accept Military ID seems discriminatory to me. In fact, I'm reminded of the Viet Nam era. I drove down the road to a Day's Inn where the nice man from India accepted my Military ID card without question. Odd isn't it? An American owned company won't accept American Military ID but a foreign owned company has no trouble at all doing so.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Teri G
Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My family and I checked into this hotel for a dance competition. Upon waking early in the morning, we discovered that the shower fixture was broken and called the front desk. We were provided "instructions" on how to use the shower, but the fact is that the shower fixture itself was broken. Long story short, the front desk was not accomodating whatsoever, the maintenace man was downright rude, and we ended up in three different rooms for a 2 night stay. We were late arriving to my daughters competition and I complained to the hotel manger and all I got in return was an apology! If you don't mind staying in a dirty room with no shower this hotel would be fine.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are much cleaner, however I did not see an elevator.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RAHEJA, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Front desk staff tried everything to help this guest. They were given another room to shower, so the maintenance can go in and check out faucet issue. Guest was not happy. That room has been rented every week and this was the first time we had a complaint. Management apologized and asked guest to give time to investigate and get back to them. Management did respond to the guest but the guest is still unhappy. Wear and tear occurs, in this case the faucet was a little hard to pull out. We have taken care of the issue.
Seminole
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I checked in with my daughter while X Factor was holding auditions in the area. After a 12 hour drive, we encountered an extremely helpful and friendly front desk staff. We checked into a 2nd story room with an internal entrance. This made us feel more comfortable since we were traveling alone. This room was very clean and spacious, the king size bed was extremely comfortable, the decor was modern and the fridge and microwave very convenient. The only thing we were not satisfied with was how the air conditioner was cooling. We called the front desk to request someone take a look at it, but there was no one available to do that at the time. As a result, they offered us an upgrade to a suite for the duration of our stay. The suite was also very clean, comfortable, extremely spacious with a separate living room, two flat screen TVs, sofa bed and the air conditioner worked all too well. The Wi fi was available throughout the hotel and worked fine in both rooms (even with the hotel sold out). The only other down side was that the pool was not able to be used until June 1st because that is when the season begins. As for breakfast, there was a good selection of options. The entire staff was very friendly. We loved the fact that this is a non smoking facility. Unfortunately, you can't control whether people abide by the rules. If they don't, they do have their deposit withheld. I imagine to attempt to minimize their inconsiderate damage. The hotel was conveniently located near the Greensboro Coliseum and nearby restaurants. I believe this hotel is a great value and believe the owners and the staff did an excellent job at attempting to make our stay a pleasurable one. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you don't mind going up stairs, the second story rooms with the internal entrance are quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Belkis R
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed March 24, 2012

The hotel was within walking distance of the Greensboro Coliseum complex and a short driving distance from downtown. The bathroom area was perfect! Huge mirror and plenty of counter space for all toiletries. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank kge3110
Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel.
Pros: HUGE suite. We got a "King Suite" with a king bed in the bedroom part and there is a separate living area with nice whirlpool tub. Plenty of room, which we like a lot. Modern decor and appliances. (2 flat screen tvs) Bed and pillows are some of the most comfortable I've EVER slept on. Pretty good breakfast.
Cons: Our "non-smoking room" smelled like smoke as soon as we opened the door. Management said the hotel was booked and we couldn't try another room. They did, however, send housekeeping to put some freshener spray which helped temporarily. The bed was super comfy, however, the comforter in between the sheets and outer cover had several cigarrette burns in it. I wouldn't have known it if the top cover hadn't slid off, but just proof that someone has been smoking in the rooms. :( Our shower bathtub was clogged and held water. It would finally drain long after the shower was over. The window in the main living area was broken and wouldn't shut all the way.The crack let in gnats and a stink bug once.
SO... I'm torn as to whether or not we will stay here again. We might try one more time because having so much room is important to us and I've never been in a larger suite, especially for such a cheap price. Hopefully next time we will get a better smelling room! If the negatives I mentioned aren't a big deal to you, I'd reccommend this hotel to anyone on a budget needing a lot of room and a good night's sleep in a comfy bed!

Room Tip: Ask to check out the room before paying and if the smell bothers you, move on!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family