“Good Expererience”

Econo Lodge & Suites
Ranked #47 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed March 15, 2013

It was great place to stay beyond my expectation as the hotel with 3 star rating can provide such a good service and the enviorment. It's quite easy approachable from freeway. Safe neighborhood. Easy access to the dining.

Room Tip: inside rooms are quiet and nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed here before. My room was clean. Price was right. Breakfast was reasonably good. Internet worked fine in my room. Great value for bucks spent.....
I can stay there again. Hotel is on highway with easy to get in and out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in late expecting no frills. But it's very run down outside. The ac was very loud. Kept me awake for hours. The tv barely had a picture. But worst of all , no hot water in the morning for showers. The bed frame rails were exposed and my husband scraped his leg this morning to top it all off. And lastly, our non-smoking room smelled of smoke and was musty. Never again. Our complaints got us a discount but the staff was rude.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I read the reviews, but since we were paying a very low rate, a little over $50, I thought we could rough it, as that price. We just wanted a place to rest overnight before continuing our trip. The lobby is beautiful and the staff courteous. Our room had a terrible odor, a chemical smell I can't even describe. Thought I'd run the A/C and clean it out. Tried to order pizza, but the phone didn't work. Walked to the lobby and she checked my phone from her desk and said it worked. When I went back to my room to check the phone (which still didn't work) I realized that the smell was not weakening, even with the air conditioner running. My eyes were burning. We asked for another room and were switched. The room across the hall did have a good phone and was clean. Hardly anyone else checked in, and it was a very large motel. WIsh I could write a better review, because I liked the staff. There was a problem with our receipt the next morning, so it was emailed to me on the road. Breakfast was not much, but juice and milk were refrigerated. Didn't try the internet. I understand the pool was closed, but didn't look at it myself. The location was good, not much traffic. Thought the second room was acceptable, I cannot rate the rooms in general as being good, because the first was so awful. I think we would have done better just to pay more for another location, after reading the other reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel to break up a 10 hour trip, and must say that after this experience, I should have driven straight through!! The photos on the website are VERY misleading, and must have been taken either when the hotel (if you want to call it that) was open, or was taken of one the suites. Upon entering the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised by the lobby, which actually looked decent. However, once we were given our room key, we headed up outside stairs that were crumbling, the hallways leading to our room was dark with no lights, and when we got to our room and hit the light switch, nothing. We were able to get the lamp on, and with a cheap room, and three tired women and two young children, we decided to look past this and go to bed. All was well until 1:41 a.m. when we began to hear blaring music that woke us all, including the babies. When I called the front desk, I was told that a business had rented the meeting room and there was nothing that could be done about the music. Really?!?! I thought hotels were supposed to be about a good sleep experience, not meeting rooms. The music lasted over two hours, and we were finally able to fall asleep about 3:30 a.m. To top it all off, when we woke up this morning, we discovered two canopies which covered tables covered in empty beer containers, plastic cups, etc. Turns out, the party was NOT in the meeting room, but DIRECTLY UNDER OUR ROOM!!! Ridiculous!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanie G
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Booked on-line this middle of the road hotel for a business trip. I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel of course, but at least a place where I could stay overnight... just one night. Well it did not happen. Entering the oversized lobby, it looked pretty nice and I thought it may have been a good pick after all. The clerk at the desk was friendly and very efficient.
I got the keys, and went off to my room. Here is where I began to worry that my choice may have been in error. There were loud cars blaring music in the parking lot, circling back and forth like sharks. The steps (no elevator) to my room were twisted and in need of immediate repair. I glanced at the courtyard, looking for the beautiful pool in the on-line ads, to see a totally empty, stained, and unusable concrete form that was once a pool. Still moving forward (slower now) I opened the door to my room, and was hit with a powerful alkaline smell. If you could amplify common disinfectant spray by let's say 100 times, that was what nearly singed my nostrils. Giving it one last chance, I reached for the light switch, flicked it, and was still in the dark. The light did not work. I spun around and went back to front desk. I explained my journey from lobby to room, and was given a refund with no hassle at all. That was the best part of the whole experience. I can say, the Hotel's staff was the best part of the whole experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Again, booked thru Hotwire for $54.....two star. It does not qualify for a two star rating at all.
The only thing good I can say is the lady at the front desk was nice. First room: Had to let the water run for fifteen minutes before there was hot water. The air conditioner never cooled the room. Second room: We had hot water and very good air conditioner but the bed for hard as cement and the pillows belonged in the trash dump.......very lumpy............old tv. When we arrived there was a "lady of the night" walking on the road outside the hotel. Not a good impression to start off with.

Room Tip: I would suggest you skip this facility. Rated 63 out of 70 hotels in Greensboro by TripAdvisor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple