“Great”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Greensboro
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Clean and comfortable hotel. Friendly staff. The dead bolt on my door did not work, but I was able to use the door chain. The A/C works, but you really had to crank it in my room to get the room to cool down. Quiet hotel. Excellent location! Right off I-40 with tons of restaurants surrounding the hotel. I love that La Quinta's are pet friendly with no extra charge!! The front desk staff even offered my dog some treats! :) Comfortable beds. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Melanie E

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stay here everytime I'm in the Greensboro area.It was renovated about a year ago so everything is first rate. They had rented out thier convention center which had a pretty noisy party but I was just down the hall and didn't hear anything in my room. Always a good stay.

1  Thank richard n
A La Quinta traveler
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 3, 2014

1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Overall the hotel is in fairly good condition. Main problem was they did not clean some of the common areas. There were dirty, used cups, plastic wrappers, soda cans, etc. in the ice machine area when we checked in on Friday & they were still there as we were headed down to check out on Sunday. Also, there were what appeared to be parts of a plastic straw on the floor near the bed in our room when we checked in & they had not been touched by housekeeping 3 days later.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Staying in Greensboro for work and I needed a place to stay for the night, until I found a more long term arrangement. I knew what to expect at La Quinta. I came in without a reservation and they had me in a room in minutes. Quick and painless, doesn't give it justice. The hotel is starting to show it's age, and the furniture was a bit knicked up from use....but the room was clean as usual.
Good location..as the hotel sits just of I-40 and there are a lot of restaurants to choose from. Would definitely stay again, when I'm passing thru the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank psand22
A La Quinta traveler
Cadet, Missouri
Reviewed February 19, 2014

1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 4, 2014

by now I am a veteran of La Quinta Inns, and have stayed at many across country. I booked this property, vs a sister location in Winston Salem with negative comments about thin walls and associated disruptive noises. This was a long weekend trip to visit a friend, so the three of us decided on a King Suite to give us enough room to not feel cramped during the evenings - which worked out well. The rooms, one with sofa, desk, chair, tv was comfortable for everyone to put extra bags, plug in electronics, and have a seat. Microwave and small refrig tucked away at an angle and adjacent to the good size bathroom with full vanity, mirrors and decent lighting. Bedroom with king bed and second tv, could be closed off with glass dbl doors. Each room had its own controllable heat/ac units. Bed was comfortable. Each room also had a window, which was also nice for this type of suite set up. Breakfast fare was as expected, nothing fancy, but certainly enough to stave off early morning hunger. Nice seating area in lobby adjacent to food serving area.
The front desk staff was pleasant, and accessible, and the location easy to/from I 40, other hotel restuarant and shopping needs or interests. It was a decent value for our two nights on the road. Easy parking, decent grounds, well lit and maintained exterior and interior public areas.
However, as much as I have come to expect a welcome level of accommodation from La Quinta;s, there are still real issues with their properties. The foremost here is the pullout sofa bed. It is awful, and every hotel property manager should have to sleep on one, as well as corporate La Quinta staff!. I'm not certain my dogs would be willing to sleep in one of them. Thinking back to my previous experiences with these pullouts, I brought a deep queen air mattress. It can be comfortable enough to place on the floor, but the heating/ac was not adequate to keep this room warm enough the first night, and so it was a cool night. The second night we moved the mattress on top of the lumpy crunchy sofabed, which was a much better alternative. Had we known the heating/ac wasn't working properly, I'm certain the staff would have made some adjustments, but we were only in the room late and then to bed, so it wasn't a very noticeable thing until 3 or 4 in the morning.
I would in future, check the heat/ac units just to be certain, as when they are OFF there is cool (even cold) in winter air pouring through and into the room. And probably vice versa in the summer.
I had been concerned about the elevator noise being a nuisance at night, but fortunately in this property, I could only hear it on occasion in the bathroom. If the hotel was full, that might have been different. We did have access to wi-fi here as well, but in certain locations in the hotel (exercise room) it was spotty to iffy and unreliable for my friend to follow her exercise program for a half hour or so.
All in all this property met my expectations, I would stay again, and continue my efforts for La Quinta to improve the extra sleeping accomodation, in today's hotel market it really is easy to do.

Room Tip: the back of the property is most likely the quietest and away from the public reception and front de...