“Very nice stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Greensboro
Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Everything was nice, clean and resonably quiet... except when someone in my hallway left a dog unattended (against the rules.. which makes it bad for the rest of us responsible pet owners) Anyway..once I figured out the heat and AC.. he room was very clean and comfortable. Had a nice 3 nights.
One complaint about the furnishings in the room. I had a king room and the recliner in there was new and was PLASTIC and not at all comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here Oct 12, 2012. When we arrived the guest in front of us had come down to complain because she had walked in on someone already in the room she was assigned! Our room was smoking and we booked non-smoking. We couldn't call down to ask about being moved because the phone didn't work. (We were told the rooms were newly remodeled) My husband and I went to the front desk and the guy did try to help by coming up and spraying the room but no others were available. The spray did not help and my daughter spent the rest of the vacation dealing with an allergy attack. I told them she was allergic but it didn't help our case. We were not offered any other alternatives.Not sure if Hotels.com messed up the reservation or the hotel. But the worst part was the pair of yellow, lace thongs hanging on the wall from the sprinkler! Who knows how long they had been there! I don't know how you could clean the room and miss them! The door to the room did not seal when it was closed. With the lights off in the room and on in the hallway, you could see a huge gap around the door.The breakfast the next morning was a good selection. The problem we encountered was a girl lying face down in her plate with food stuck to her hair and face! Another guest informed the guy at the front desk 3 times that there was a problem with her. He never walked over to ask if she was okay and still didn't when she fell off the table and hit the floor! Finally when several guests told him to call 911 because she would not repsond he walked over with the phone and made a call. That was not a good experience for my children! I am afraid I will not stay here again and I can not recommend the La Quinta.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived after driving 8 hours to La Quinta in Greensboro NC. First time for this hotel it was recommended. My husband checked us in and they had a young lady that has only been working for 4 days doing this process by herself. We paid cash for our stay up front as we do ALL the time. Well she failed to give my husband a receipt! ( do to her flirting about his name being so cool!! HMMMMM!!) well needless to stay we wanted to stay an extra day so upon my husband going to add another day ( and paying cash) a different person asks my husband does he want to put the cost of the whole stay on the credit card they use to hold the room??? HUH! we paid cash!! By the way I have a receipt showing we paid cash and they still want to charge the card! what is going on then the guy says oh it shows you paid cash but it wasnt posted. wait WHAT!! so another employees says yes the new girl didn't post the cash transactions so we had an overage of cash after her shift. so why are they trying to get the room fees twice!? so needless to say my husband gets reassured that it has been corrected and we wont have any problems!! WRONG they charged my credit card and got my cash!!!! so now what we didnt want to happen has happened and now WE are being inconvenience into tracking down the incompentent person that did the wrong process and the manager who would allow a 4 day new girl on duty during a HUGE wrestling convention!!!!

I travel all the time and have never had this happened! not a good look La Quinta. This is a management issue that was not handled properly the staff is not trained properly to have money transactions handled carelessly, I am sure there will be many other customers that checked in that same weekend because that cash that wasn't posted was large!!!

The room was nice and bathroom was clean, the location was great no shortage of places to eat.Plenty of retail stores as well

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Cornelius, NC
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable and the HD TV was tremendous!!!! My dog enjoyed it too, the cleanleness and grounds (dogs don't watch TV, except for the Wheaton Terrier we had this spring). I particularly enjoyed the convenient little grocery store near the lobby. Thanks La Quinta!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Been staying here for several years on our way to OBX. Great location near freeway and good restaurants. Rooms are always very clean and fresh. Price very reasonable. Plan on staying here again next year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family