All reviewspet friendly hotelinstant oatmealhard boiled eggsbagelsroom was cleangreat place to staystaff was friendlyrestaurants and shoppingcontinental breakfastflat screenvisiting familynice poolnice breakfastwe've stayedeasy accessfront desk clerkparking lot
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights for a family wedding. We based our decision on TripAdvisor reviews. We should have looked at the last one!

For the money, it was a good value.

Pros:
Good location
Nice pool (didn't have time to use it though)
Comfortable beds and pillows
Large rooms and bathrooms
Microwave and refrigerator
Nice breakfast (if we could get through the crowd)
The front desk staff were friendly and helpful (for the most part)

Cons:
Unclean room to begin with and never vacuumed for our whole stay - dog hair and toenails on carpet and old water & a few hairs in the tub
Old blood on comforter - had housekeeping change that
Our coffee pot was never cleaned out or new coffee packets given
The soap holder in the tub was broken and hanging, the sink stopper was stuck down (my husband crawled under the sink and fixed it)
Our request for an upper floor was not honored (made reservation 4 months in advance)
Not enough seating in the breakfast area - a "bus group" was here and took over the eating area
The treadmill started out at 10 miles an hour then gradually slowed - very dangerous; there is a sign but could be easily missed

I would stay here again because it is a good value but be much more proactive in getting our room cleaned but we always fear what happens when you make housekeeping mad....

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool - quieter
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
lq0190, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Thanks for staying with us! Sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned properly. I will follow up with my housekeeping department. We inspect rooms daily for cleanliness. I do apologize for the oversight on our part. Anytime a guest reports an issue we work fast to find a clean and comfortable room. We want all our guests to enjoy their stay and we continue to improve our guest experiences through guest feedback like yours. Again, I am terribly sorry about this visit. I hope that when you travel back to Greensboro you will give us another chance.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Attractively landscaped, nice decor in the rooms, plenty of instant hot water. My only complaint was that there was a crush at the breakfast bar, not enough chairs and tables to sit at, and the staff was a bit slow at replacing items which ran out.

Room Tip: We were part of a large group, so we got a $10 discount on the room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for staying with us! We really appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

The pool was fantastic... breakfast not enough seating at all. Our room was filthy. There were dead bugs in our room, spider webs, dirty/sticky bathroom floor, very dusty bed, sticky nightstand. I don't think anyone checked to make sure anyone did a great job cleaning this building.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. many other nicer places in greensboro
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dew1027

Thanks for staying with us! I am sorry hear about this visit. We strive for excellence in all we do and sometimes we do make mistakes. However, we never stop improving and we always use guest feedback to improve our product quality. We recently made some changes in our housekeeping department that have been improving guest experiences. I would look forward to show you all the positive changes we are making,

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Spent one night and was delighted to find a perfect hotel for a reasonable price! Entire wing of hotel was non-smoking and was extremely clean! A few bleach looking spots on carpet in corridor but it was clean and new in appearance. Room was perfect! Large bathroom and two very comfortable double beds and wonderfully clean smelling sheets. Room was a good size for one adult and three teenagers. Continental breakfast was fairly typical but presented nicely. Beautiful breakfast room added to the breakfast. Great cup of coffee and pleasant staff. Parking close to the door. Hotel in nice area of town. A bit of noise heard from other rooms. Only issue I ran into was kids using the computer in the business center when I needed to use it for business. I asked them to get off and they didn't like it as their mom came back to confront me about it with an employee who believed the kids should have been left using it to play their games. I am very particular and overall this hotel far exceeded my expectations! We had just come from spending the weekend at an Embassy Suites hotel and were dreading staying anywhere else so this was a very pleasant surprise!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BusyMomtoFive
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Nice setup with large updated rooms. Good breakfast bar and nice staff all shifts. Bathroom had a broken seat and poorly draining tub and no independent fan, but the ac kept the room from getting humid and stuffy. Limited working equipment in gym. Compared to our last our chain hotel, however, this was heaven!

• Stayed: June 2011