Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.
Ranked #55 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very accommodating location was great with many food choices close. Wall world is also close which makes it conscientious in filling up the fridge for a six night stay. The hotel has one big problem it needs to fix and that's overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the comments about our staff; however we apologize about the smoke smell in the hotel. To prevent this from happening again, my team will work on making sure the freshness of the hotel is a priority. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at gwv@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love the have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed on the third floor of this property. Entering property there was the smell of a dirty carpet, and cigarette smoke. The drapes in the room were soiled, the small sofa had a large stain on one of the pillows, the carpet had a substance spilled on it. The room had a distasteful odor.
Only clean room was the bathroom. Peeling materials on the cabinet drawer area in kitchen made it very nsightly.

Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Note: I've been staying at this property at least 4 times a year for over TWENTY years. I also stay at three of your other properties in North Carolina regularly.

When making reservations by telephone, the (low cost) room I wanted was not available, which required an "upgrade". I was offered a 5% "discount". This amounted to an AARP or AAA discount which I would also have been entitled. The lady said corporate wouldn't allow anything else. I also mentioned that due to severe allergies I needed a very non-smoking room.

Upon arrival I found that I was placed in room #222 (a formerly smoking room) on the smoking floor. In visiting the room I found:

1. the clock radio front was missing so you couldn't tell whether it was set for AM or PM.

2. the front panel of the A/C unit was loose and in the process of replacing it I noticed the interior of the unit - it was FILTHY, and smelled. So much for a non-smoking room request.

The wonderful front desk clerk (Kiesha) graciously offered a choice between two 3rd floor rooms, which she showed me. Incidentally, she even offered to help me move my luggage from #222 to the new #321. Kiesha is the walking, talking example of good human relations and graciousness. (you've got a winner there! - I hope you can keep her)

The new room looked fine at first. After my two day visit please consider my longer term observations:

1. The bathroom faucet wouldn't adjust; sometimes when you turned it on it was hot, other times cold. Turning the knob made no difference. Try brushing your teeth with hot water.

2. The supports under the sofa were broken, so when you sat down, it felt like you were going to hit the floor. I'd be willing to bet that this didn't just happen - I weigh only 165lbs., so it wasn't just me!

3. Pieces of the soap from the former tenant were still in the shower.

4. The toilet seat was loose. Doesn't anybody ever check this stuff?

5. I enjoy reading - yet there are no table/floor lamps. Trying to read or work on my computer with the horrible, ill suited ceiling lamps is awful. A reading lamp used to be on the desk, and a floor lamp by the sofa. In your other three properties in which I regularly stay in North Carolina they still are. What happened?

6. What's with the 4 pillows and the over-sized bedspread? They are certainly not needed to sleep with. Where do they go at night? I'll bet they end up on the floor or the sofa; both rather untidy parking places. I'd respectfully suggest that I'd rather have just two pillows, a regular sized bedspread and A READING LIGHT. Plus it would probably help your profitability; you don't have to launder the reading light after each visit.

After staying here for many years, I realize that you may be trying to squeeze a few more years out of an old dog, but as a result of your misapplied frugality you're going to loose a good clean, very long-term and loyal quest.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is by far the worst of worst motel in Greensboro area. I didn't really read the reviews here before staying here. My expectation was quite low when I entered into this ESA. I think it is worst ESA nationally. I am not sure how this property is in business in the name of ESA.
As you have seen in my picture and others, this is a dump. The weirdest thing is that hallway is occupied with trash and cans in certain day especially at night. The room has smoking odor even though it is non-smoking room. Moreover, bed, sheets, bathroom, chair and sofa have all kinds of stains and most of them are damaged. We really have to report these to local authority and ESA headquarter instead of writing a review. This is a public safety concern to the public.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff is great.Friendly Guest Service Reps and houskeeping staff. Great manager. The appliances are outdated in some rooms, however, the maintenance man TR is excellent. He's courteous, efficient and knows what he's doing. This is a pet Friendly establishment.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Got a room in the lower level. Room was clean bed was clean but hard rock. Yet for a priceline rate of $22.OO I would say stay was wonderful.Price/quality ratio was wonderful. The area seemed to be ok. Near a 24 hour wal-mart, a mall and plenty of fast food options. I was reading previous reviews and was expecting the worse. Check In was very friendly so was check out front desk was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is old, the hallways including the carpet were dirty, but the room overall was spacious tv worked great. I would stay again if I was passing thru Greensboro ( like I was ) I slept well would recommend. Now for a week + stay might be rough, yet for the rate I would stay. The front desk was nice, yet I saw some guests ( and I could be wrong but guests that were seating at the front desk sofa seemed to be intoxicated, it was weird ) however staff was accomodating. I would stay again. Is not as bad as people have rated. You will get a nice sleep, my room was quiet, but I think I was lucky. Walls seemed to be paper thin. Would stay again at the priceline rate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank esaldana
Jamie B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a nice deluxe room when you first walk in.Unfortuanlly looks are not what thay seem.Please look under the sheets and on your pillows.Some hair will be on the place where you put your head on.Yes on the pillow case .Some people do not see this .Until u get in the bed CHECK THE BED FOR HAIR THIS PLACE IS HAIRY FOR REAL

Room Tip: CHECK YOR BED AND YOUR PILLOWS FOR HAIR .look in the sheets cornersuitsarelessacunitnoise