“Improving every day.”

Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.
Ranked #54 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff is great.Friendly Guest Service Reps and houskeeping staff. Great manager. The appliances are outdated in some rooms, however, the maintenance man TR is excellent. He's courteous, efficient and knows what he's doing. This is a pet Friendly establishment.

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Got a room in the lower level. Room was clean bed was clean but hard rock. Yet for a priceline rate of $22.OO I would say stay was wonderful.Price/quality ratio was wonderful. The area seemed to be ok. Near a 24 hour wal-mart, a mall and plenty of fast food options. I was reading previous reviews and was expecting the worse. Check In was very friendly so was check out front desk was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is old, the hallways including the carpet were dirty, but the room overall was spacious tv worked great. I would stay again if I was passing thru Greensboro ( like I was ) I slept well would recommend. Now for a week + stay might be rough, yet for the rate I would stay. The front desk was nice, yet I saw some guests ( and I could be wrong but guests that were seating at the front desk sofa seemed to be intoxicated, it was weird ) however staff was accomodating. I would stay again. Is not as bad as people have rated. You will get a nice sleep, my room was quiet, but I think I was lucky. Walls seemed to be paper thin. Would stay again at the priceline rate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank esaldana
Jamie B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a nice deluxe room when you first walk in.Unfortuanlly looks are not what thay seem.Please look under the sheets and on your pillows.Some hair will be on the place where you put your head on.Yes on the pillow case .Some people do not see this .Until u get in the bed CHECK THE BED FOR HAIR THIS PLACE IS HAIRY FOR REAL

Room Tip: CHECK YOR BED AND YOUR PILLOWS FOR HAIR .look in the sheets cornersuitsarelessacunitnoise
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LOOKintheSHEETS

"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

When we first arrived we had a bag of trash laying on the dresser. The coffee maker still had the grounds of the last guest and it is broken. The hot water in the kitchen doesn't exist . The place looks like they to at least run a vacuum. I would be embarrassed to bring any one up here. Run like crazy do no come here I am warning you

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Bdidomen

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here for a week while looking for a more longterm place. I had a "non-smoking room".It smelled like an ashtray, had multiple burn marks on carpet, cabinets, and furniture. The sole spoon in a drawer had black residue on the bottom where someone had cooked "something".The noise was awful unless you did your sleeping between 2 am and 9 am.Unfortunately I am a nurse and had to be at work at 6 am. There are long indoor hallways where gangs of kids raced up and down. The gymnastics team in the room above me sure crashed onto the floor a lot.I called the front desk about the noise and if anything it got worse. Last night the handicapped parking spaces were taken up with 2 nice new cars which both had no signs of placards or plates. I would have given them a minus 5 stars if the rating were available. I move into an apt in 2 days and it would be so simple to stay here but will move into another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 2nurse2
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Greensboro - Wendover Ave.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

First room offered had cigarette burns on nightstand (in a "non-smoking" room), damage to walls (holes, gouges, etc), stained carpet, old furniture, delaminating kitchen drawer faces, a split door casing (appeared to have been busted by forcing a locked door open) and a dried liquid stain covering the majority of the bathroom door (appeared to have either been a soft drink, beer or human regurgitation). Upon viewing room, hotel manager quickly offered second "upgraded" room which was an improvement however not what I was expecting based on pictures posted on Stanley Road location Studio Plus webpage. Bathroom towel rack was loosely hanging from wall, toilet lid wasn't attached to toilet, lavatory faucet handle didn't work properly (appeared faucet should be replaced), closet shelving was old, filthy and broken, kitchen drawer faces were delaminating (and had been "repaired" by gluing a vinyl "L" shaped strip over the bad edges), the microwave installation was a hack-job (the installer should have added shims to the rear connection so the oven would sit level underneath the cabinets), the oven-hood was filthy underneath (appeared the "working side" of the hood had never been cleaned), the bedroom curtains weren't installed level (right side hung lower than left side), the room A/C unit stopped and started repeatedly after running for 20-30 minutes (it would click loudly each time which made it difficult to sleep) and the sofa cushions were stained. I also noticed problems outside of the rooms: window screens were missing or damaged, the handicap parking space sign had been vandalized, the hallways were rank with cigarette smoke, one of the hallway entry doors didn't close properly and the location appeared to have quite a lot of deferred maintenance in general (stained walls, un-kept grounds, etc). Bottom-Line: this motel is a DUMP.

Room Tip: Stay-away from this motel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Wallyo56
Reviewed February 9, 2011

The conditions cited a few years ago by other reviewers still exist.
Nothing has changed unless you count the refurbishing project. The new rooms are going to be trashed in no time unless a trained, vigilant management team is on site. Hopefully, someone at the top is aware that it takes more than decorating to run a hotel.

It seems futile to mention any areas of mismanagement and the importance of prevention, but here are two rather generic items, which, as a matter of Public Health and Safety, need to be addressed:

*At any given time garbage is piled on the ground outside the bin.
Discarded furniture sets outside indefinitely.
Cans and debris blow about the property and employees step over it rather than pick it up.
It is surprising DOS has not issued warnings.

*The entryway doors on the sides of the building are often propped open, allowing access to anyone who does not have a key card. The safety issues should be apparent.

Studio Plus holds promise. It is centrally located and the rooms are nicely laid out.
Unfortunately, guests who behave as if they are entitled to be disruptive and destructive are allowed to thrive here.

The time I spent here was as close to staying in a ghetto flop house as I ever want to be.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business