“Good in a pinch”

Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed February 24, 2011

These folks define southern hospitality. Running late for a flight, they all but carried my bags to the terminal. Very grateful. Clean rooms, consitent Hampton service, good value, and always made to feel welcome. There is no other place to stay in Greensboro.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2011

Thank you for taking time to write about your visit to our hotel. Even though “We Loved Having You Here!”, we realize getting to your next destination is very important. I am glad to hear our staff pulled out all the stops to help you get to the airport on time. It is through their dedicated effort and sincere caring that made this happen. Please know your kind words mean a lot and will be shared with the entire staff. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

The service from the employees at this Hampton was exceptional, even compared to higher end hotels. The lobby and sleeping rooms rooms were very clean, the price was affordable, the full free breakfast was a plus, and the beds were awesome. This was a wedding group of out of town guests and we had a great time at this hotel. You won't be sorry you stayed at THIS Hampton - it felt like home for 3 days and we found ourselves wishing we could stay just one more day!

• Stayed: January 2011
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2011

Thank you very much for posting your experience at our hotel. I am so glad to hear everyone in your group had a fun time and enjoyed our many free amenities. We work tirelessly to ensure a clean and well maintained property, with ample fresh food and of course, lots smiling faces….so every guest feels at home. It is not often however, that our efforts are recognized and for this we cannot thank you enough. Thank you again for sharing and we wish the newly weds all the best!

Reviewed February 8, 2011

Our stay at the Hampton inn Greensboro Airport was a pleasant visit. All the way from the shuttle service from the airport, check-in, breakfast, internet service, etc. This was the host hotel of our annual Family Christman Dinner and the staff was awesome. Breakfast was included as part of the reservation and the choices was a welcome surprise. I don't get to visit much back home in North Carolina, but when I do, the friendliness of the people, especially the staff at the hotel, is such a joy.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2011

Thank you for sharing kind words about your recent stay at our hotel. We remember your event. Everyone in your party was so friendly and fun that the staff felt like part of the group. Thank you for including us in your good times! We were honored to host your family’s annual Christmas Dinner and would welcome you back anytime. Thank you as well for letting us know you enjoyed the services and amenities offered at our hotel. Travel safe!

Reviewed February 7, 2011

I really was surprised with the great value from this hotel. My room was big, clean and modern. I slept great in the comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and it was nice having a great breakfast on my way out to my meetings. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Greensboro. We appreciate your comments and are glad you found our staff friendly and the hotel a value. Our smiling faces are always ready to serve and work hard to ensure a great start to your day! Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 4, 2011

this was one of the best stays I've had at a hotel in a while. The staff was freindly and helpful. The rooms were nice and clean the breakfast was great and filling.I would make this my prime location to stay when I come to town.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Thank you very much for taking time to report your positive experience at our hotel. We are fortunate to have very special employees and I am glad you found them friendly and helpful. They work hard everyday to keep the hotel clean and breakfast fresh and fulfilling. Please know your comments have been shared with the entire staff. Thank you for staying with us and confirming what we do right. Your encouraging comments are extremely valuable in making the employees feel important and recognized. Thank you again and we hope to see back soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I have traveled to this area off and on for the past 10 years. This property does not appear to have been upgraded over the years. Just yesterday, I had to be moved to find a room that had quiet A/C unit - the first two sounded as if a truck was running through the room. The hotel is celan, the staff is very nice - The interesting thing as Diamond, I was not offered any type of upgraded until room until A/C concern, and then they tried to position my second move as -- we moving you to an upgraded room -- the one positive and maybe a big reason for getting business travel was the evening reception that had complimentary beer and snacks (such as fried mini shrimp) - this was a nice touch, however i value a good nights sleep more.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We now have many new AC units in storage ready to go should this happen again. Please know renovations are taking place. We just invested $35K in the fitness center and have more projects planned this year.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

Great hotel in near the airport. It's very new and located right near restaurants and the Interstate. I stayed four night and overall had a great stay. The rooms were clean and smoke-free and breakfast was included.
The only (small) gripe I had involved the breakfast. Overall it was great (and FREE), there are cereals, make-your-own waffles, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc... In addition, there are two covered chafing dishes for sausages, bacon, eggs, etc...
The first morning I saw the sign that said "scrambled eggs" and thought that sounded great, until I took the lid off ... Inside were what could only be described as egg products. They were flat, rubbery frisbees that did not look at all appetizing. The next day were "southwestern omelets" and I won't even go into detail there. Maybe this seemed like a bigger disappointment because everything else at the hotel was so pleasant.
In short, stay away from the eggs and your stay will be top notch.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business