“Awesome”

Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed August 21, 2009

stayed here before an early AM flight - nigh time happy hour excellent with manager mingling with guests - the rooms had been renovated and were very nice and CLEAN - breakfast was ready to go at 6 AM sharp - would stay here again and again - this small Hampton is better than the majority of larger hotels

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2009

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn where the UNC women's BB team stays for at least 3 years now and have nothing but good things to say about the place. The staff is always very accommodating, the hot breakfast buffet good and plentiful (even without the bacon which they have stopped serving due to cutbacks) and rooms are clean even if the rugs are a bit worn. I am happy with the rounded shower curtain rod (the curtain no longer sticks to you when showering). The mini fridge and microwave are very handy. Although small, there is a business center. Don't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We stayed here the last weekend in April for a friend's wedding in Summerfield. We only stayed one night but had no problems at all. The check-in was smooth, room was very clean, good bathroom size and comfortable bed. The room also included a quality iron as it helped me get creases out of my pants before the rehearsal dinner. The breakfast was tasty just like other Hamptons. It included eggs, donuts, biscuits, fruit, and cereal among a few other things. They had a nice little pool area out front I wanted to use on Sat. morn but our schedule was too packed. The hotel is located right off of I-40 surrounded by 4-5 other hotels. Would stay again when in Greensboro.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I'd say this Hampton is on par with the other good Hamptons.

Checkin
No problems and they let me wife checkin without me there. I liked that.

Rooms
Good sized room. Also had a desk and easy chair. Also 1 thing that no one really says are good when they work but complain when they have problems is the AC. I really liked this AC it was quiet which is the best!

TV
The TV was a regular picture tube TV and it was ok. The volume was a bit off in my room.

Beds
They had some great beds. They were very comfortable.

Bathroom
No problems and a good size. The water was hot and fast.

Breakfast
Free and just like all the other Hamptons.

Shuttle
They had one for the airport but I didnt take it.

Overall
I liked this location. It was on par with most other good Hamptons. If I have to stay there again I'd be happy.

One downside and it has nothing to do with the hotel but there really isn't a lot around there. We had to drive about 15 minutes to find a good place to have a few beers and watch a game.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2009

This hotel is well maintained and the staff is both friendly and professional.

It is just an airport hotel, but an excellent one. Great mattress!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2008

This was a great hotel that was very clean and comfortable. Desk staff told me it was recently remodled and it showed. Make sure to hit the reception at 6pm because you can drink and eat as much as you want.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Ok, where should I start. Well first I will say the rooms were clean. And this is actually the only good thing I can say about this place. I had a wedding in High Point and my guests stayed here. One guest from Roanoke, VA was charged for two night stay when actually only one night and this couldn't be rectified until Monday when the manager came back. Another guests address was shown for someone with the same name who lived in Washington state when actually he lived in Virginia. Another couple was promised a room for Saturday but when they showed up they didn't have any records of this. We were suppose to have a shuttle taking my guests to and from the wedding site, but when I contacted the front desk the day of the wedding they once again had no clue so all my guest had to drive to and from after we were promised this service. Me being the groom got my credit card statement and they gave me a someone elses bill with the same last name, showing me his credit card information and home address. Overall it was simply terrible. I will never stay at another Hampton Inn again. Front desk is CLUELESS !!!

• Stayed: December 2007