“Excellent Stay at this Hotel...”

Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #20 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Excellent Stay at this Hotel...”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel numerous times as it is only 10-15 minutes from my wife's parents house...

The staff at this hotel have always been excellent, with the extra effort and making sure that everything is great with your stay....

We stayed here on Christmas and stayed for two nights, since the hotel was not that busy, April at the front desk was able to upgrade us to a room with a king bed/sofa bed & jacuzzi with shower etc..

Joyce the breakfast attendant was great each morning with greeting us and asking us how we were and giving candy canes to my 3 children that were there...

Tina (the Assistant GM) was very coordial and friendly when we saw her each morning and always had a smile on her face..

It's not the room or the hotel, it's the little details that make the difference, and that's the reason why I stay here....

Excellent job again...

The hotel is located off I-40 and is about a 10-15 minute drive to Four Seasons Mall, and is located off the main road that offers a number of food choices etc...

The airport is located less then 10 minutes from the hotel...they also have an airport shuttle...

Room Tip: Rooms with even numbers face a pond, that normally has geese or ducks on it, so it's cool for th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Happy New Year Trip Advisor user! Thanks for taking time to write about your stay. We sincerely appreciate all the positive comments and will recognize the employees you mentioned. But more importantly, we are pleased you have stayed with us before and that this was a return visit. This means so much to us because it confirms we did things right on you previous visits….and this one too. Thank you again for sharing about your many experiences at our hotel. Travel Safe! PS > great tip about the ducks and geese on our pond.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is your typical Hampton Inn. They are pretty consisent in quality, which is why I continuously use them. Very nice staff upon check-in, with the gentleman giving me a parking tip. If you park at the side door, you are dumped directly in front front of the elevators. The room was pretty clean, the bed comfortable and there was plenty of walking room, even with the couch and coffee table placed in my room. I can't really complain about anything at this location, then again I stayed for only one short night while on a business trip. The hotel is conviently located by the highway, as well as by the airport. I found a Ruby Tuesday's across the street, as well as some some other fast food joints on the main road. The breakfast was your typical continental brkfst: Eggs, bacon, waffles and fruits. Pretty standard stuff. It was an overall solid place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your visit to Greensboro. We are pleased to learn everything met with your approval and that your overall experience was consistent with other Hamptons. We glad the parking tip worked out for you as well. Thanks again for sharing and confirming that we are practicing Hamptonality!. Happy Holiday and Travel Safe!
New Jersey
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My GF and I stayed here in November for a quick weekend getaway to visit her friends in the Greensboro area. We were very pleased with our stay from check-in to check-out. The hotel was very clean with the room very spacious and comfortable. I am always pleased with my experience with Hampton Inns, and this property is no different. The breakfast was very good, and usually I just grabbed some fruit, yogurt, and coffee which I brought up to the room. The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. The rooms were well maintained, as well as the common areas. If ever traveling in the Greensboro area again, I would definitely consider this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your quick weekend getaway. We were pleased to serve you and appreciate your positive critique of our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and services and found the staff helpful and accommodating. Most of all, we are pleased to know you would return if travel brings you back to Greensboro. Thanks again for sharing. Happy Holiday and Travel Safe!
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at this Hampton briefly as I drove in from Charlotte to fly out of PTI to save money on my flight (saved $500 but that's another story). I normally check TripAd but I didn't and so when I arrived to find an older looking Hampton, I got a little concerned. However, upon entering the hotel and then my room, any concerns I had were put to rest. Cleanliness is next to, well you know, and the room was clean. It is a slightly smaller room but for my brief time there, which included a take out meal from the Ruby Tuesday's across the street and the Sunday night football game, it was perfectly fine. Flat screen TV. Good water pressure. Plenty of hot water. Bed was comfortable (if not a little soft) and the cooling unit worked well although it was a tad loud. i would stay again.

Room Tip: There is tile flooring coming out of the lobby and roller bags moving across it are loud. The very...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear 2Bis2SKI, thanks for sharing insight about your visit to our hotel. We are glad to learn you enjoyed your stay and would return again. Even though we are not a new hotel, we’ve had numerous renovations over the years to keep us current. As you found, we’ve not only renovated ‘front-of-house’ with flat screen TV’s (and more), but ‘back-of-house’ renovations have included new boilers (and more) which provide abundant hot water. Did you know that being an older property actually helps the water pressure? We have larger pipes and aren’t required to low-flow everything like newer buildings. Re-investment back into the property continues with a renovation of all public areas in the planning stages. We have also taken delivery on new AC units for the guestrooms. Thanks again for writing about your stay. We hope to see you back soon. Travel safe!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at this Hampton Inn! Lots of hotels to choose from in the area (LOTS), but I was happy that our group chose this one. Rate was excellent for the stay. The front desk agent (Sherri - saw her there a lot! She was polite, and such a hard worker) was kind enough to put our wedding group on the same floor. Definitely made getting ready for us bridesmaids easier!

Overall, it was wonderful. Check in and out was simple. Rooms were clean. Coffee was good (I guess that they only have lobby coffee 24/7 on weekdays?? Slightly disappointing, but in room coffee was provided and so no complaints!). And the BEDS! The beds were some of the best I have ever slept in. I didn't want to leave.

Not too familiar with Hampton Inn properties as a whole, but I think this one does quite well!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont. We were pleased to have you as our guest and are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. Thank you very much for sharing comments about our hotel. Your positive experience is a direct result of our employees doing their best every day. Please know your comments have been shared not only with Sherry, but with the entire staff as well. We are also glad you got a good night’s sleep. After all, that is what makes for a great stay. Great News! Hampton’s “Clean & Fresh” beds and linens are available for purchase. Simply search the web for ‘Hampton Home Collection’. Thank you for staying with us and confirming what we do right. Your encouraging comments are extremely valuable in making the employees feel important and recognized. Thank you again and we hope to see back soon. Travel Safe!
Sugar Land
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My travel to this hotel was business. I flew in and taught a class in the conference room, which is small but held about 18 people comfortably. There was room for a few more, classroom style. The catering department was on top of things and accomodating. The airport shuttle was prompt and helpful. The front desk personnel were nice. The room was clean and average. There is free WIFI. The ace in the hole of this hotel is that they have a free breakfast that is pretty good, and a free happy hour 5:30 - 7 PM with fresh cookies,snacks, dips, sodas, beer and wine. I haven't seen that anywhere in a long, long time (1980's), so it was nice. This hotel does not have a restaurant for lunch, but a a block up the road is a "Ruby Tuesdays". The hotel has a little work out room, also. All the rooms face inside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent business meeting. We are pleased to hear everything was a success…especially since so many of our services were used by you and your group. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our “Guest Reception”. The reception is offered Monday-Thursday, so please keep us in mind for your next event. Lastly, thank you so much for writing about your positive experience. Our Hampton team works hard everyday and we appreciate you sharing our efforts with other travelers. Thanks again and travel safe!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2012

with a group to hampton inn airport ....amazing...great place to stay close to everything. motel very clean and friendly. everyone loved it prices were just what we were looking for. great parking and plenty of it

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank adkins1972
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to write about your group’s stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear everyone found value in our pricing, a clean hotel, and most importantly friendly staff. Thank you very much for your business. Travel Safe!