“Hampton Inn: Excellent service standardized”

Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed April 25, 2012

"Staff is friendly but don't go out of their way to be friendly."

"Airport is nice except the jets that flew by every hour."

The above reviews befuddle me...in many ways. How exactly does one "go out" of the way to be friendly? By showing up at your room in the morning and saying hi? Yes, jets fly by every hour because GSO is not too far. That's what makes this Hampton convenient, among other things.

Regarding indifferent staff, I certainly didn't experience any of that. In fact, Sherry made us feel quite welcomed in spite of a busy evening (convention, perhaps). She also managed to recommend a few restaurants while calling a car for another customer; still, with a friendly demeanor.

Contrary to other reviewers, the rooms aren't in need of upgrades. In fact, the furniture, while traditional-looking, is in good shape and doesn't look dowdy.

I've stayed at other Hampton's and this Greensboro location certainly lives up to my expectations.

Keep up the good work, Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your positive experience. We are so glad to hear you found the attitude of our employees genuine and sincere, and that their “concierge” assistance was helpful. We are also happy that you enjoyed our traditional southern décor…we are in the south after all. So not only does the hotel ambiance feel warm and welcoming, the employees exude “southern charm” as well. Thanks again for writing and Travel Safe!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

My boyfriend surprised me with a stay here in early April... and I must say, I was surprised indeed! Everything was perfect, and if I could rate the sleep quality higher than a 5, I would- the beds were incredible! The staff was respectful and kind, and we didn't even hear housekeeping out in the hallway while we were sleeping in the next morning. And speaking of sleeping in, the continental breakfast stayed open later than in most hotels, though the pickings were slim because of how late it was. The only complaint I have is that the doors of the rooms are so heavy and slam very easily, sometimes they can be a little bothersome when you're trying to sleep. Overall I am extremely satisfied and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
GSOAPHX, Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you for posting a comment about your “surprise” experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear our services, friendly staff and the ‘Clean & Fresh’ beds made for an enjoyable visit. Please thank you boyfriend for selecting our hotel. We apologies for the door noise and have taken action. We are currently adjusting the spring tension in all doors so they shut more quietly. Thank you for being our guest and confirming what we do right. Your encouraging comments are extremely valuable in making the employees feel important and recognized. Thank you again and Travel Safe!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I travel to the Greensboro area several times a year for business. This location is very convenient for my business needs, and offers all the comforts of home. Certainly not a "resort style" hotel; however, it is always very clean and comfortable. Staff is attentive and friendly, workout room is more than adequate, and the free breakfast is a nice plus. As a female traveling alone, my only complaint is that the parking lot does not have a great deal of well-lit parking available. I also wish they'd include a fridge in the room; however, I'm told that one can be requested upon making reservations.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you for selecting our Hampton for your visits to the Piedmont. We are always pleased to welcome return guests and are especially grateful for your business given the many area hotels. Thank you for pointing out the benefits of our central location and generous breakfast offerings. I also appreciate learning of your concerns and will share them with ownership. In the interim, refrigerators are available upon request and free of charge, and please call upon any team member for an escort to your vehicle. Thank you again for staying with us and making suggestions. Without your valuable input, we would not continue to improve and innovate. Travel safe!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

The staff should be working at a five star hotel because that is how you will be treated. They are truly outstanding! I am consistently impressed with this property!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to write about your exceptional visits to our Hampton. We are fortunate to have several key team members with 5-Star hotel backgrounds that share their knowledge with other team members everyday. Thank you for noticing…we really appreciate the affirmation of our efforts. Thank you again and we hope to see back soon. Travel safe!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

The hotel and the accomodations are about a 3 star rating, however the people rate the lowest. I stayed in this hotel for 3 days on business and during my stay my Kindle was stolen off of my nightstand on the second night. Management didn't offer to do anything and Housekeeping plead ignorance of the situation. I will never stay in this hotel again and I am in Greensboro quite frequently on business.

Room Tip: Don't leave anything valuable in your room if you have no other choice but to stay in this hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Amanda J

We were shocked to learn of these allegations against the hotel and are disappointed to read this post especially since there is no evidence to support any of the claims. Please know we have never had a theft in the hotel and have honest, long-term employees who turn in valuables left behind or lost everyday. We kindly ask that this post be removed because again, there is no concrete evidence to support any of the claims posted. Also, please note the hotel is in direct communications with the guest involved to rectify the situation.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My 7 y/o and I stayed one night for the Springsteen show.

We were supposed to arrive at 3:00 pm but caught an earlier flight and arrived at 11:00 A.M.

The pick up at the airport was quick and courteous. Check in was efficient and no hassle for the early check in. The entire staff went out of their way to make sure all our questions were answers and needs were met.

The hotel itself is average but the service made it above average. My compliments to Mark and his crew.

A little FYI about going downtown. If you are adventurous and a little daring - Out the front door walk in front of the bank towards the 6 lane highway. There's a hole in the fence that allows access to the highway. Across the highway is the bus garage. The bus will take you downtown for $2.40.
Just make sure the coast is clear before crossing ;)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking time to report your positive experience at our Hampton. In all honestly, we were all a little bit jealous to hear you were seeing Springsteen. But when we learned that this was a special father and son only trip, we were really honored to have you as our guests because it is always good to see families making the special effort to connect and grow. Memories of your special trip will last a lifetime and we feel privileged to have played a small role. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to Greensboro for another concert. Travel safe!

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We have stayed at this property before and had a pleasant experience. This stay we were informed after we checked into our room that if we wanted a fridge in our room we would have to change rooms and pay an additional $12/ night. I guess in this day and age we have come to expect this amenity to be included in our room. We had to really fidget with the coffee pot to get it to work. The sofa seemed slanted forward which made it uncomfortable to sit upon. The entry way into the room had an odor of urine. It was better the next day after we requested that housekeeping address the issue. These issues by themselves seem minor, but they were hassles that road weary travelers didn't want to endure. I expect better attention to detail from Hampton Inns. Patti who checked us in and out didn't seem concerned about our comfort. She didn't bother to ask us about our stay. Tina, on the other hand, found two warm cookies for my husband when she informed him that the property didn't have a vending machine with snacks. She exhibited the hospitality we have come to expect from Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tracylee59
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont. We were pleased to have you as our guest and are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. Thank you very much for taking time to report your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies. We work tirelessly to ensure a clean and well maintained property, with everything in good working order and you have aided in our efforts. Thank you again. Without your valuable input, we may not have realized these problems. We have begun refresher training with all staff members so these types of issues stop and don’t carry forward. Thank you again for staying with us and helping to improve our property. We hope to see back soon. Travel safe!