“Average Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed September 9, 2011

If traveling to this area you should know all kinds of hotels are beside of this one and they all look new so really you could pick any! My room smelled bad and the carpet throughout needs replaced! They did offer free drinks in the evening and free breakfast in mornings! I found it difficult to get to restaurants because you have to travel to next couple of exits!

• Stayed: September 2011
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you for visiting and taking time to report on your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant smells you encountered. We work tirelessly to ensure a clean and well maintained property and you have aided in our efforts. For this we cannot thank you enough and we will address the issue through training. In regards to the carpeting and nearby restaurants, please know the carpeting was recently replaced and there are restaurants within walking distance. Thank you again for staying with us. Travel Safe!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport

Reviewed September 8, 2011

I was fortunate to check in with Ellen and Drew at the front desk. There was a situation involving my credit card, but they both went out of their way to help me check-in and get settled. The Manager's Reception was a nice surprise, as was a glass of wine. The room was clean and well-furnished, with a refrigerator and microwave. The mattress on the bed felt like a new one, and provided a great night's sleep. Last but not least was the complimentary breakfast, with really good coffee! I would happily stay here the next time I am in Greensboro, and highly recommend the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Anita H

Thank you very much for taking time write about your positive comments about our hotel. Your positive experience is a direct result of our employees doing their best every day. It is not often however, that guests recognize their efforts and for this we cannot thank you enough. Please know your feelings have been shared not only with Ellen and Drew, but the entire staff as well. Thank you for staying with us and confirming what we do right. Your encouraging comments are extremely valuable in making the employees feel important and recognized. Thank you again and we hope to see back soon. Travel Safe!

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We came up for a family reunion and found this on-line when we didn't want to stay at the hotel with the family room block. From the check in to the free continential breakfast (great coffee by the way!) we really enjoyed ourselved and we will be returning. The area has plenty of restaurants from Shoneys to Taco Bell and is right off the Interstate near Piedmont Triad International Airport. Kudos to the management and staff for a job well done!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mer82
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont and blogging about it. We were pleased to have you as our guest and are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. Your positive experience is a direct result of our employees doing their best every day. After all, great coffee doesn’t make itself. Please know your comments have been shared with the entire staff. Thank you again for staying with us and confirming what we do right. Your encouraging comments are extremely valuable in making the employees feel important and recognized. Travel safe and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Many times on my way thru Greensboro or during a quick trip I will choose this location. Very easy to get to and great freeway access. A good location to anything in the Piedmont Triad Area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

Greetings and thank you for staying with us recently. We appreciate your comments. Thank for taking time to share them with your fellow travelers. We are glad to learn you found our location close and convenient to the many destinations in the Piedmont. Like you, many guests stay with us repeatedly because we are easy to get to, located in a safe business park that is near 3 major Greensboro crossroads (I-40, NC-68, 421, etc.). Thank you again for sharing and travel safe!

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Greensboro airport on business last week. The hotel itself was very functional and I found it clean to my standards. However, I’d consider my experience with the courtesy shuttle quite negative.

Upon landing at Greensboro airport late in the evening, I called the hotel to ask for the courtesy shuttle. I was told it would be dispatched and arrive in 15 minutes. I then asked where to go (was told to wait outside) and what the vehicle would look like (green or black car). I found the designated spot, and sat alone at night waiting – not my favorite thing to do as a young woman traveling solo, but the area was at least decently well lit. After waiting a little more than expected (20 minutes), a dark metallic-colored (maybe a dark gold) vehicle that was more SUV than car pulled up and the driver asked if I was going to the Hampton. This was not the “green or black car” I was told to expect and the vehicle was unmarked, which made me uncomfortable, but I got in and was taken to the hotel without incident. While nothing bad happened, this experience was unnecessarily stressful and definitely a process the Hampton should look into improving for the safety and comfort of its guests.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you for staying with us recently and commenting on your shuttle experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you felt having to enter an unmarked vehicle. We work tirelessly to ensure a clean, well maintained and safe property, and you have aided in our efforts. Thank you again. Please know that we guarantee complimentary airport shuttle service 24/7 and this sometimes requires us to use a third party service. Sometime ago, we gave our service provider several large logo car door magnets which they apparently did not use. We have spoken to them to make certain they ALWAYS display the Hampton logo. Thank you again for staying with us and helping to improve our property. Without your valuable input, we may not have realized this problem. Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I travel in the SE a lot and this is a very nice Hampton. The internet is very fast and they have wireless throughout. Breakfast was good each morning and the items varied each day. I also really enjoy the nightly reception and speaking with the staff. Ellen was a big help in helping me to find my way around town.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont and writing about your experience. I am happy to learn you enjoy our hot breakfast buffet and nightly reception. I am also glad you found the free internet fast because we just upgraded our system by more than double (from a 4MB circuit to 10MB). But most of all, it is especially gratifying to hear that Ellen was a big help. She is one of our stars and it’s great to know her services shined brightly for you. Thank you again for your business and for telling others about your stay.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I am a HH member and try to stay at Hilton Properties when I can so I picked this Hampton based off of Trip Advisor reviews. Either I am too picky or other people need eyeglasses. This hotel is extremely dated. No air conditioning in the halls or elevator. The only thing I did like about this hotel was the staff, they were awesome. The rooms are so SMALL! The internet was extremely slow and The beds were mediocre. Also walls were very thin, heard housekeeping opening and letting doors close all morning, so couldn't sleep in.This property has made me think twice about following Trip Advisor recommendations. I should have picked one of the newer properties surrounding it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Thank you for taking time to write about your lodging at our hotel. I was disappointed to read your review, especially since so many others have had the opposite experience and we have so many repeat guests. As it appears we did not met your expectations, please contact me as soon as possible so we may extend you our “100% Satisfaction Guarantee” and refund your stay. Thank you again for sharing.