“Disliked Airport Shuttle Process; Hotel Itself Satisfactory”

Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #20 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
NYC
“Disliked Airport Shuttle Process; Hotel Itself Satisfactory”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Greensboro airport on business last week. The hotel itself was very functional and I found it clean to my standards. However, I’d consider my experience with the courtesy shuttle quite negative.

Upon landing at Greensboro airport late in the evening, I called the hotel to ask for the courtesy shuttle. I was told it would be dispatched and arrive in 15 minutes. I then asked where to go (was told to wait outside) and what the vehicle would look like (green or black car). I found the designated spot, and sat alone at night waiting – not my favorite thing to do as a young woman traveling solo, but the area was at least decently well lit. After waiting a little more than expected (20 minutes), a dark metallic-colored (maybe a dark gold) vehicle that was more SUV than car pulled up and the driver asked if I was going to the Hampton. This was not the “green or black car” I was told to expect and the vehicle was unmarked, which made me uncomfortable, but I got in and was taken to the hotel without incident. While nothing bad happened, this experience was unnecessarily stressful and definitely a process the Hampton should look into improving for the safety and comfort of its guests.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for staying with us recently and commenting on your shuttle experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you felt having to enter an unmarked vehicle. We work tirelessly to ensure a clean, well maintained and safe property, and you have aided in our efforts. Thank you again. Please know that we guarantee complimentary airport shuttle service 24/7 and this sometimes requires us to use a third party service. Sometime ago, we gave our service provider several large logo car door magnets which they apparently did not use. We have spoken to them to make certain they ALWAYS display the Hampton logo. Thank you again for staying with us and helping to improve our property. Without your valuable input, we may not have realized this problem. Thank you again and travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

I travel in the SE a lot and this is a very nice Hampton. The internet is very fast and they have wireless throughout. Breakfast was good each morning and the items varied each day. I also really enjoy the nightly reception and speaking with the staff. Ellen was a big help in helping me to find my way around town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont and writing about your experience. I am happy to learn you enjoy our hot breakfast buffet and nightly reception. I am also glad you found the free internet fast because we just upgraded our system by more than double (from a 4MB circuit to 10MB). But most of all, it is especially gratifying to hear that Ellen was a big help. She is one of our stars and it’s great to know her services shined brightly for you. Thank you again for your business and for telling others about your stay.
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I am a HH member and try to stay at Hilton Properties when I can so I picked this Hampton based off of Trip Advisor reviews. Either I am too picky or other people need eyeglasses. This hotel is extremely dated. No air conditioning in the halls or elevator. The only thing I did like about this hotel was the staff, they were awesome. The rooms are so SMALL! The internet was extremely slow and The beds were mediocre. Also walls were very thin, heard housekeeping opening and letting doors close all morning, so couldn't sleep in.This property has made me think twice about following Trip Advisor recommendations. I should have picked one of the newer properties surrounding it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Thank you for taking time to write about your lodging at our hotel. I was disappointed to read your review, especially since so many others have had the opposite experience and we have so many repeat guests. As it appears we did not met your expectations, please contact me as soon as possible so we may extend you our “100% Satisfaction Guarantee” and refund your stay. Thank you again for sharing.
Hillsborough, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding Memorial Day weekend. In addition to over 20 in our family (about 10 rooms), there was a kids' soccer tournament in the area and the hotel was packed. Still they were able to keep us all together and the same floor and were very flexible about room requests, cancellations, etc. Our room blew a fuse and we were going to have to be moved to another room but an electrician came in on Sat. afternoon and everything was fixed by 2:30. Breakfast was the usual Hampton Inn fare, perfectly acceptable, with clean tables and a helpful employee on duty. The entire hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful on the phone and in person, and the location near I-40 was convenient and not loud. We will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Tarheel78
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Greetings from Greensboro. Our thanks to you and your entire family for staying with us this past Memorial Day Weekend. We are glad to learn you had a positive experience and are grateful that you are sharing it with others. Thanks for noticing our efforts and hard work…especially when we had a full house. We look forward to welcoming you back. Travel safe!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

This was our first stay in a Hampton, and hopefully not our last. What a wonderful hotel! We have family in Greensboro and this was our first visit. We are already looking forward to our next visit, largely because of our wonderful stay at this hotel.

The best of a very great stay: breakfast each morning was wonderful, and there were so many choices. The staff were professional and friendly. The guest mixer was awesome (it was on Monday evening at 5:30pm) with a great selection of beers, wine, sodas, and appetizers and snacks (complimentary). Coming back to the hotel in the evenings, there was always hot coffee (even tasty decaf, thank goodness) and delicious cookies that the kids just loved. The beds were so comfortable that I hated to come back to my own bed (and it's a good one!). The kids were very comfortable on the pull-out bed, and we loved the flatscreen television, refrigerator/microwave, and jacuzzi tub in our room. The room itself was very large.

We wish there was a little more counter space in the bathroom, and we really wish there was a vent fan in the bathroom, too. I would have liked to have a sheer curtain so I could have some light in the room without letting everyone in the world look in, but our room faced some trees on the edge of town and we were pretty high up on the fourth floor, so not a really big deal at all.

The kids loved the pool, but it seemed small to me and is right at the front of the property, so it's not very private. We didn't use the fitness room on this trip, but it looked great, and we usually do use these amenities, so maybe next time. Our room was right by the elevators and ice machines, but we never heard a peep from other guests. Of course, the corridors on every floor but the main one are not cooled, and we suspect that the hotel operators do this to keep people from lingering in the halls. What a brilliant idea! It was stuffy, but the rooms and lobby were always very comfortable.

I am very impressed with this hotel, and it was worth every penny. We seriously believe our short little 4 night trip was so enjoyable because of our "home base" hotel. We can't wait to make reservations here on our net trip to Greensboro.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank KatieInContinuance
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Wow…what a great recap of your visit! Thank you for staying with us and posting your about experience. Our employees work hard everyday and it is not often however, that guests recognize their efforts. And for this we cannot thank you enough. Please know your comments have been shared with the entire staff. Thank you for telling us about the bathroom fan and hallway AC. We have fixed the bathroom fan and are currently installing a new $50K HVAC system to cool the halls. Thank you again for sharing about your visit. Travel safe and we hope to welcome you back!
Ellenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

My family and I stayed here for a week and was so welcomed as soon as we got here. There Was free cookies! :) They also had free wireless Internet connection and a fitness center. The room service associates were really friendly and helpful. They did everything they could to make our stay pleasurable. The rooms were very clean and the beds were sooo comfortable. I love the feather pillows, it felt like sleeping on a cloud. There was a large channel selection and a tv in the lobby when you wanted to get out the room. The free breakfast was great! They switch the hot food everyday so you could always expect some different. my family especially enjoyed the omelette. The reception on the week days was very nice. They had free beer wine and snacks which was very unexpected but appreciated. we will most definitely use this hotel again. You really got your money's worth!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mzapplez2u
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont and writing about the experience. Please know we are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that our many amenities made your week away from home more tolerable. Thank you again for posting a review. We hope to see back soon!
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

My trip was business related; I arrived on Sunday night for a meeting on Monday morning. The facility is very nice; the breakfast area is wide open with a large scale TV, so everyone in the area can see the news in the morning... Most hotels have a small screen TV, and the only ones getting the news are the people close to the box... The exercise area is superb... don't know how many places have said they are just about to update the equipment... This Hampton has... My meeting was mid-morning on Monday, so I was welcomed with Hello's as I passed by the many staff members getting the facility ready for the onslaught of visitors that would show up on Monday... I was very impressed with the staff... You will be too.... I'll be back, enjoy your stay

Room Tip: I was very impressed with the staff...