“Average Experience at the Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Greensboro
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed November 26, 2008

I travel through the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area quite frequently on the way to the beach, and I have stayed at numerous hotels in this area. I chose the Homewood based on the great price of $129.00 that I got for a 2 bed room suite. This price caused me to cancel my 2 reservations at the Hyatt Place for this great value. The room was average for a Homewood. The only issue that I had was the guests running down the hall, but that problem stopped at about 6 PM. The beds could have been a bit softer but could be handled for an overnight trip. When in the area I will stay at the Homewood Suites, pending I can secure such a great value.

Stayed: April 2008

Reviewed September 1, 2008

This wasn't a bad hotel - I've stayed at worse - but for a Homewood Suites they could be doing better. I didn't have any problems with the service, lots of southern hospitality, but the hotel is a little bit on the older side and the rooms were borderline dirty. The bathroom wall and towels were stained and the carpet was pretty worn. We were only there for two nights so we put up with it.

The worst part of the whole stay was the breakfast, however. A tiny, filthy breakfast bar with limited living room seating was supposed to suffice for breakfast. Foods choices changed daily and it was often hard to find silverware or napkins, not to mention everything was sticky and although it wasn't the hotel's fault in any way, there were kids running around barefoot that finally made me lose my appetite.

All in all, the hotel wasn't terrible, but there's an Embassy Suites on the same property that I would stay at next time. Even the Hampton down the road is probably better.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Very efficient check in and desk staff were helpful throughout our stay. Suites were very clean and the beds were some of the most comfortable we've found anywhere. The units were very quiet as well.
I would call the breakfast more of an expanded continental with the ususual - cereal, breads, yogurt and fruit - supplemented by a couple hot items - eggs and biscuits w/gravy during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 23, 2008

I booked a "large one bedroom suite" on the website ($139/night) and was given a two bedroom, two bathroom suite. I loved feeling like I had an apartment to myself, even if I was only in the Greensboro area for one night!

My rooms were immaculately clean. My only complaint might be that they provide Neutrogena shampoo and lotion (yay!) but NO conditioner.

Locale is convenient (right off a major highway) and room service is available from the adjacent Embassy Suites. I enjoyed the inclusive breakfast buffet, and the fact that they serve a complimentary dinner on weeknights. Business center was large and private. Pool looked nice and clean, but I unfortunately didn't have a chance to take a dip.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We were in the area on a Friday and my husband had a report to do that was to be dropped off on Saturday. We got to the property and even though it is aging for example there are vcr's in the rooms, it seemed to be quiet. Well, sports teams began arriving, some with one adult per 6 teens. I am sure they were nice people, but the whole place became busy and noisy. I went and spoke to the front desk clerk after realizing they put a team in the room across from us that had 2 adults and at least 12 kids. They said all of their 2 bedroom and most 1 bedroom suites were booked that weekend to soccer and basketball teams and that sport teams were their primary guests. My husband had to work on his report in the bedroom with the door shut and earplugs in. Sometimes you just need peace and quiet, and it was not here!!! next time I am booking where these groups would not stay. They also have 1/5 of the tables they need for breakfast so plan on standing. while you are eating. So, if you are a teen sports team - go for it- if not, you may want to try somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Not bad for a mid-range suite hotel, but it didn't seem to be up to current market standards. The staff was friendly but not well informed about the area. I needed directions to a local pharmacy, and they sent me in the complete opposite direction. The room was average, although when I arrived, about three feet of the weatherstripping around the door was hanging out - unattached from the door or jamb. The televisions and the appliances in the kitchenette were dated too. Overall, not a terrible hotel, but I think that the hotel needs some attention and updating. The food at the complimentary breakfast was tasty, fresh and plentiful. I was there for about a week and found the hotel just okay. Nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Efficient, friendly check in. We were there for a soccer tournament, so it was good to have the laundry. Room was great for the 4 of us. We had a 2 bedroom suite. Marcus, assistant mangager was even able to get us feather pillows, which I thought was going to be impossible since this hotel was full for this time. Clean, and quiet. small problem with wireless internet, but it was available in the lobby.

1  Thank chasalmy