“Most of Their Guests are there For Sports Tournaments”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Greensboro
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We were in the area on a Friday and my husband had a report to do that was to be dropped off on Saturday. We got to the property and even though it is aging for example there are vcr's in the rooms, it seemed to be quiet. Well, sports teams began arriving, some with one adult per 6 teens. I am sure they were nice people, but the whole place became busy and noisy. I went and spoke to the front desk clerk after realizing they put a team in the room across from us that had 2 adults and at least 12 kids. They said all of their 2 bedroom and most 1 bedroom suites were booked that weekend to soccer and basketball teams and that sport teams were their primary guests. My husband had to work on his report in the bedroom with the door shut and earplugs in. Sometimes you just need peace and quiet, and it was not here!!! next time I am booking where these groups would not stay. They also have 1/5 of the tables they need for breakfast so plan on standing. while you are eating. So, if you are a teen sports team - go for it- if not, you may want to try somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed June 14, 2008

Not bad for a mid-range suite hotel, but it didn't seem to be up to current market standards. The staff was friendly but not well informed about the area. I needed directions to a local pharmacy, and they sent me in the complete opposite direction. The room was average, although when I arrived, about three feet of the weatherstripping around the door was hanging out - unattached from the door or jamb. The televisions and the appliances in the kitchenette were dated too. Overall, not a terrible hotel, but I think that the hotel needs some attention and updating. The food at the complimentary breakfast was tasty, fresh and plentiful. I was there for about a week and found the hotel just okay. Nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Efficient, friendly check in. We were there for a soccer tournament, so it was good to have the laundry. Room was great for the 4 of us. We had a 2 bedroom suite. Marcus, assistant mangager was even able to get us feather pillows, which I thought was going to be impossible since this hotel was full for this time. Clean, and quiet. small problem with wireless internet, but it was available in the lobby.

1  Thank chasalmy
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Stayed at this property in early July for 4-nights. The hotel was clean, well appointed, and the staff was extremely helpful. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was pleasant, and the evening manager's weeknight reception was appreciated, and enjoyed.

If there was a complaint, it would be that there are no restaurants in the immediate area, or within walking distance.

I would recommend this property for business travel, although I would
probably look elsewhere for a vacation hotel - other than a swimming pool, there's not to much to keep the kids occupied.

• Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank Lifeontheroad
Reviewed January 6, 2007

When we checked in, the room was nearly 80 degrees. I turned on the air conditioning which continued to blow out room temperature air. I called the front desk, who sent a maintenance man who spoke broken English and (I think) assured me it was working and if not to call the front desk again, which I did. Long story short -- we move to a separate room.

The balcony, although spacious, had not been cleaned when we checked in (beer bottle and a few dirty plastic cups which had been used as ashtrays) and when I asked housekeeping the next day to make sure it was cleaned, it wasn't.

The bed was (in my opinion) extremely uncomfortable. The free breakfast was mediocre.

I'd stay at Residence Inn in the future. In fact, the only reason I didn't stay at Residence Inn was that it was being remodeled.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank ncstewart
Reviewed August 10, 2006

I had reservations at this Homewood for two consecutive weekends in July to coincie with a UNCG Music Camp my child was attending. The first weekend was no problem. Nice staff, nice room etc...

The second weekend all flights from Newark to Greensboro were cancelled on the Friday and Sat due to storms. I called the hotel at 4PM but was unable to cancel as they have a 24 hr cancellation policy. Despite my requests to them and to Hilton directly and the fact that they were close to sold out, they steadfastly refused to credit the cancellation charges.
They did offer me a certificate for a free night at that hotel, good for one year, but I will never use it for fear of having a repeat weather problem. So, in essence, if you are driving it's a nice place, reasonable cost but if you have to fly in or have some
possibility of plan changes you should consider looking at one of the many area hotels that has a more liberal cancellation policy.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank Marchingbanddad
A TripAdvisor Member
Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2005

Our family recently gathered here for a family reunion (38 people) and found Homewood Suites to suit our needs exactly. Beds are extremely comfortable, bathrooms kept very clean and kitchen facility was a bonus for lunches. Breakfast was convenient in the lobby and satisfied most taste buds. Definitely worth repeating in the future. We're from the New York State branch of the family reunion which brought people in from all over the United States. Thus, the location, convenient to the airport, was important. The free shuttle was a bonus.

• Stayed: July 2005