“Staff is excellent”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Greensboro
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I booked this hotel as I was on a business trip. Every staff member that I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. There were many extras that this hotel offered that I found completely unexpected. The dinner with drinks was a special treat in addition to the breakfast. My room was very clean and had all the amenities that I could ask for. The bed was very comfortable. If I travel through this area again, I will definitely consider Homewood Suites as the location for me.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
JRubio80736, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Wendy R,

We appreciate you making us a stop on your travels. I look forward to sharing your words with our team, as we continue to motivate them and measure our successes. We look forward to the opportunity to have you with us in the near future.

At your service,
Josh Rubio and the Homewood Suites Hotel Greensboro-Airport Team.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a nice hotel with nice services. I like the convenience of good breakfast and light supper on weekdays. the only sorry is that I knew where and when I lost my iphone, but no way to prove who and how took it. I hope there is a security camera in the common areas.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Able to book adjoining rooms for a large group. Had all we needed. Though kitchen was supplied a bit sparsely. A few larger pans would of been great since we cooked spaghetti in one night for 8 people. Though we did make it work. the fridge, dishes suppled certainly came in handy.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great hotel! Nick Sloan the Front Office Supervisor was great and helped us out tremdously during our stay! He is the reason I will continue to stay at the Homewood when I am back in the area! I recommend this hotel over all other hotels in the area! Great place and great staff!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was my teams second stay at this location and I was little nervous after reading the more recent reviews and looking at pictures that showed no recent updates. The hotel was completely sold out during my stay and upon check in, I did have some issues that were quickly resolved. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly. I did notice that 1 elevator was out of order however I never waiting more than a minute for the one that was working. I wouldn't hesitate booking again for me team.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughters track team along with parents, including myself, stayed here for a week, very recently. I was disappointed.
Pros:
The rooms were tolerably clean. The staff was nice. They always spoke and were polite. They allowed our team to use their oven one night for dinner. We so appreciated it!

Cons:
We had to get our own towels from the front desk every night. They ran out of food one night for dinner. The breakfast and dinner served was mediocre at best. The elevator was out for two days. Our stove didn't work. The bathroom wall paper was peeling, the water drained slow when I took a shower, and the lights were dim. There was no ice machine. The water heater leaked in my daughter and coaches room. We were given a smokers room when we asked for a non smokers room. The strong smell of cigarette smoke filled our room and two other rooms time to time.

Our team last year stayed at Homewood Suites in Baltimore last year. I rated that a 5. I was very surprised the Greensboro, NC was such a disappointment. It was not worth the $159/night.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was NASTY!!! There were huge stains on the carpet in the hallway and in the room where I was attending a seminar, mold on the bathroom shower walls, the room had a smell that hit you like a brick every time you walked in. They serve free breakfast and dinner but their sanitation rating was an 89! Do not stay at this hotel - even if your life depends on it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business