“Not a new property but well kept”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Greensboro
Ranked #29 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Baton Rouge
“Not a new property but well kept”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was my teams second stay at this location and I was little nervous after reading the more recent reviews and looking at pictures that showed no recent updates. The hotel was completely sold out during my stay and upon check in, I did have some issues that were quickly resolved. The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly. I did notice that 1 elevator was out of order however I never waiting more than a minute for the one that was working. I wouldn't hesitate booking again for me team.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Corona, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My daughters track team along with parents, including myself, stayed here for a week, very recently. I was disappointed.
Pros:
The rooms were tolerably clean. The staff was nice. They always spoke and were polite. They allowed our team to use their oven one night for dinner. We so appreciated it!

Cons:
We had to get our own towels from the front desk every night. They ran out of food one night for dinner. The breakfast and dinner served was mediocre at best. The elevator was out for two days. Our stove didn't work. The bathroom wall paper was peeling, the water drained slow when I took a shower, and the lights were dim. There was no ice machine. The water heater leaked in my daughter and coaches room. We were given a smokers room when we asked for a non smokers room. The strong smell of cigarette smoke filled our room and two other rooms time to time.

Our team last year stayed at Homewood Suites in Baltimore last year. I rated that a 5. I was very surprised the Greensboro, NC was such a disappointment. It was not worth the $159/night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was NASTY!!! There were huge stains on the carpet in the hallway and in the room where I was attending a seminar, mold on the bathroom shower walls, the room had a smell that hit you like a brick every time you walked in. They serve free breakfast and dinner but their sanitation rating was an 89! Do not stay at this hotel - even if your life depends on it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Warren, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The halls were filthy! Big stains all over the carpet on the 2nd and 3rd floors. 3rd floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed for months.. I noticed a wad of gum on the carpet when I got there on a Sunday and it was STILL there on Thursday! Pool seemed clean enough, but the pool area was gross! The bathroom in the pool area was nasty! T.p all over the floor, and the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. The elevator was dirty the whole time I was there. The room I was in was clean enough, and very spacious, but dated. The service was ok. The ONLY reason I gave it 3 stars is because I like that they serve dinner and drinks. They food wasnt great, but hey, it was free!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gardiner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Suites were huge! Beds were very comfortable! Pool was refreshing! And most of all, staff was extremely helpful and friendly!!! Nest time I plan to take advantage of the manager's reception. Will only stay at this location when I return to the Greensboro area...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The whole stay was wonderful. When the dryer broke the maintenance man tried to fix it right away and when he couldn't he offered to dry my clothes in the back, folded them, and brought to my room! All the staff at breakfast and dinner were awesome. I loved the free beer and wine with dinner too. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very spacious room (it was larger than the temp apartment my husband had while working away from home!). Quiet and safe, good location close to airport, restaurants, highways. Didn't get in the pool, but looked very clean and nice. Complimentary breakfast had lots of choices. All employees were polite and helpful. We will stay here again when in Greensboro area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family