“Great hotel!”

Ranked #31 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Georgia
“Great hotel!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2009

The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. We used the gym..small, but nice. The front desk was very nice and helpful. Breakfast waffles were good. We ate dinner at Fatz which is very close. The restaurant was very good.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank GeorgiaEileen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2008

I marked this average because the hotel is not my taste, but it did provide a good size, clean room. Bed was decent, and the shower took a little while to warm up. The computer in the lobby is in a private area worked just fine, although there is no printer available. When checking out at 3:30 am, the front desk computer didn't work so they could not give me a receipt, which I don't like because I like to check to make sure I am being billed correctly before I leave.

But I hated the fluorescent white lighting in the rooms. I guess it's consider contemporary, but the lobby is more warm and inviting than the rooms.

The only other issue I was a bit unhappy with is that upon check in, I checked the computer to find out that my flight out of GSO had changed aircraft from a 50 seater to a 30 seater, it was now oversold. I HAD to get home and decided to catch the 6 am flight out of RDU about an hour and 15 minute drive. All I had done at that point was roll my suitcase into the room so I had asked if I could be switched to a quality inn near RDU. The manager said no because they are privately owned and also there was a 24 hour cancellation policy, which I was never made aware of when making the reservation. I always check that because I have to be flexible when I travel. So hence the reason why I had to check out at 3:30 in the morning to make the drive to the other airport. The manager however was VERY polite and gave me specific driving directions on how to get there the fastest way possible. He was correct and I had really appreciated that.

• Liked — good size, clean room
  • Disliked — the fluorescent white lighting in the room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank wizofwoz
melissa_aj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2008

WOW!!!!

We stopped in Greensboro on our way to the coast, and almost stayed an extra night! This hotel, apparently, had undergone a recent change in ownership, and extensive renovations. My husband had stayed at the property years ago, when it was a Ramada, and he said the changes were unbelievable. The lady at the desk was extremely helpful and courteous, and helped us find a great restaurant, one that even satisfied my picky kids! The room was GORGEOUS! And, oh my god, the beds! The mattress was the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on. The kids loved the pool, and making their own waffles at breakfast.

I think we'll have to make a trip to Greensboro, next year!

• Liked — The service....and the mattress!!!
  • Disliked — Really didn't have any complaints
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank melissa_aj