“Lots of space & family friendly!”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were in town for college graduation weekend, so many local hotels were booked. This hotel has a great breakfast bar that really made it worth my while, especially with teenagers.
The pool was advertised as being open in April, but there was no water in it on 10 May, so that was a bummer. Lobby was clean and staff was courteous. There is a wine reception on Thursdays from 5-7 pm. Cool!
I requested two double beds and a sofa when I booked the room. I guess I should not have assumed there would be a mattress in the pull- out sofa. There was not. When I requested extra sheets, the desk clerk sounded irritated, and looked the same when he brought them up to the room--alrighty, then.
Rooms were clean. Hidden microwave/fridge in room. swivel TV. Sufficient lighting inside and out, except for back parking lot behind the pool. There is not someone at the desk during late/early hours, so if you need something you should request it early.
I would stay here again if I needed something clean and family friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on a business trip and was very satisfied with the accommodations and especially the breakfast set up. The hotel is located in a cluster of other hotels close to the Greensboro/High Point Airport. There is a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant within walking distance that made it nice for dinner too. I would recommend this property to anyone needing a clean, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here with my parents and another couple on our way home from a wedding. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. I had two dogs with me and my room had great access to take the dogs out.
The breakfast was wonderful with a wide variety of hot food items, beverages, and breads.
I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had to come to Greensboro last minute for one night with the family. Was booking about 3 weeks before check in on 4/5/13, and found my usual preference of the SpringHill Suites was booked, then found most other hotels booked too(?). It wasn't until we arrived that we found out there were multiple sports events in town, from a marathon to swimming to other track and field events. I decided to book at this Comfort Suites at the Airport. We needed 2 rooms, and the price was very cheap ($84/room) with breakfast included, so I booked it.

This hotel turns out to be just down the road from the Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites off exit 210 on I-40 in Greensboro, both of which I would recommend over the Comfort Suites. We did get our room preference of a high floor away from the elevator, vending machines, and stairs. The bed was comfortable, but the cleanliness of the room was lacking. For instance, there was a 2-inch border of dust bunnies around each nightstand which told me they've never been moved to vacuum under them when the room is cleaned. The carpet baseboard around the perimeter was pulling away from the wall in spots, and the rooms/halls/lobby generally looked tired and not well kept. 30 minutes after lying in bed, I wanted to open the window for some fresh air, but found that the windows don't open, so I switched the HVAC from the "fan only" mode it was set to to A/C.

Breakfast had a decent assortment of eggs, meats, potatoes, cereal, fruit, waffles, and tea/coffee/juices. I was down first for breakfast 15 minutes after it started at 7:15. Although the trays were well-stocked, the eggs, bacon, and potatoes I had were barely luke warm. When my wife and son went down around 8, they said the food was warm and fine, so maybe I was there for the first round of food prepped before 7 that had already gotten cold(?).

On the good side, the staff were all courteous and helpful, parking was easy, and we all had a good night's sleep. However, I wouldn't recommend this hotel for more than a couple of nights, and the Springhill Suites is a far better value at $109 for the same time of year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I was in town for the ACC Tournament. (GO HURRICAINES) This hotel was about 15 to 20 mins away, easy access to 40 East and 40 West. The room was very clean, spacious, nice size tv, nice comfortable bed. I wouldn't recommend a room by the exit door, we had room 102 it's rather noisy with people coming in and out with their luggage both day and night. Other than that, this was a great hotel. We glanced at the breakfast which looked good, but we chose to go out, waffles, bacon, eggs, biscuit and gravy, assortment of breads, danishes, etc. Nice size refridgerator was in our King room, we had a sofa bed, wet bar, microwave, it was like we had our own living room and bedroom. We plan to say here again next year for the 2014 ACC Tournament. Also, I love to watch airplanes and you get to see plenty from this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Latarsha
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located off of I-40 (exit 210). Upon entering the lobby the hotel seemed to have a classic feel with an older color scheme of blues, greens and reds with dark woods. It appears they are doing some cosmetic updates such as new paint/wallpaper as there are some unfinished walls and some minor construction going on in the lobby area (but seemed to not be during high traffic times). This seems to be a smaller hotel, with 4 floors. One elevator services the entire hotel and didn't present much of a problem (I waited for a few minutes in morning during the breakfast service). Check-in was quick.

I was assigned to room #205 and I was pleasantly surprised at the spaciousness of the room. And KUDOS to Comfort Suites for realizing that people need more than one outlet in a room for today's technological age!! They had a charging station on the desk that could handle 3 - 3 prong plugs. The room contained a king size bed, nice flat screen TV, a sofa, chair, a desk, a mini fridge and microwave (neither appliance was used so I cannot comment on functionality). The bedding was nice and comfy but my only complaint was the mattress. Everyone is different with what is comfortable for them - I am used to a firm bed, so this mattress was not for me; I didn't sleep well because the bed was very springy. The pillows were fine though. I didn't not consider this complaint in my rating because I believe this is a personal preference - my traveling partner said her bed slept great. Hotel was nice and quiet.

Breakfast the next morning was good (and complimentary). They had a small buffet line that contained scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, grits and hashbrown patties. Of course they also had the standard continental breakfast items, cold/hot cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, etc. I don't drink coffee, but travel partner was not impressed. Juice was very good - some hotels seem to get the water to concentrate ratio wrong making the juice weak - not here!

We utilized the Deep River Meeting room for a work related training class. The room was set up to our specifications and was ready for use on time. The room had its own heating/air control which was absolutely wonderful! The hotel provided a flip chart and had a nice sized projector screen affixed on the main wall. Coffee and water were provided. The staff checked on us to see if we needed pens and pads for the class. During the class there was some minor construction going on outside the room (in the lobby area) and the hotel desk clerk checked with us to ensure they weren't distracting the class; she offered to stop construction if it was too noisy - we declined and allowed them to keep working - it was nice that they asked!!

There'a a lot of restaurants convenient to the hotel, but there is a Ruby Tuesday within walking distance.

I had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely use them again!! Room, service and staff were all great - A++

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Can't say enough about this hotel, in this area most likely the best or the money. Very friendly and helpful staff, fantastic breakfast and the rooms are warm and inviting and ever so comfortable! Have recommended it to numerous friends when they are in town and all have always gotten excellent feedback from them as well!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple