“BED BUGS & BAD SERVICE”

Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
SARASOTA, FL
“BED BUGS & BAD SERVICE”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

My doctor confirmed that i was bitten 30-40 times by bed bugs. I tried to contact the hotel and they would not return my call.
Our breakfast was a joke, bad service and very late. Several tables got up and left because it took so long.
It looks very nice but the service from the front door in was very poor. It seemed to be very under staffed.

PAUL GUILLAUME
[--]
profrest@comcast.net

5 Thank PROFREST

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
chicago
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I very much enjoyed my stay at Grandover. I usually stay at the airport at a large chain property but I got a good rate. I had always heard about grandover but had never been there. The lady at the front desk was quite pleasant and the room was very comfortable. It was a Monday night and the hotel didn't seem busy however there was a great deal of staff on hand. I had room service delivered and it was hot and delicious. This was a one night business trip for me, however I hope to return in the spring and get in a round of golf, (a bit too much snow on the course for my game). When I checked out I was invited to post a review on this site. I had never heard of tripadvisor before, this is very useful. i will be reviewing all of my stays as I travel frequently.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Although we were there during the off season, we loved our experience at this beautiful resort. We were able to enjoy the many features, inlcuing the healthclub, spa and dining before attending the most elaborate wedding I have ever seen. The place is magical and we will definitely return for some of the warm weather features. Thank you!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
parisiscott
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro last week and had a wonderful stay. I flew into Raleigh on business and traveled for an appointment in Charlotte. My night at the resort was one of my best business overnights in very long time. I met some great people in the lounge, the staff was wonderful. All and all it felt like a mini vacation in the middle of a hectic travel week. I will see you again soon.

Baltimore
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I recently traveled to the Grandover for a business meeting. I was very impressed with this hotel, the staff and food. I travel once or twice a month for business meetings and I was very happy with this hotel.
Our group was in the Auditorium for a few presentations that went great. The food they provided while on breaks and lunch was terrific. I did not get to golf however the course looked nice and the building is very beautiful when you walk into the lobby.
They area around the hotel and golf course was very nice to go for walks or jogging.

All and all this place is up there on my list of places I would go back to with my wife and kids

Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I travel regularly to Greensboro on business. Typically, I stay at the Marriott. However, I have a friend who recommended I try out Grandover. With some hesitation, I took her advice.

I was blown away from the moment I arrived, until my departure. The level of service far exceeded my expectations, and like I say, I travel a lot. Everything was exceptional: The rooms, the food, the fitness center. But most of all, the people who work at Grandover are a cut above the norm. You are greeted by everyone you pass. They actually seem to care how your stay is and ask if there is anything else you need. That is a welcome surprise to a weary road warrior like myself.

I will definitely return. I'm actually looking forward to my next trip to Greensboro!

Outer Banks, NC
Reviewed January 20, 2010

The Grandover is one of my very favorite places in the WORLD! It is usually a stopover en route to Atlanta but I would so love to spend a full week, or more, there. EVERYONE is so gracious and pleasant.......the food is awesome and just couldn't be a nicer place to stay. I cannot wait to return......sooner rather than later!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends