“Class Act”

Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Bristol, Tennessee, United States
“Class Act”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

If you ever need a grand hotel to stay at when your around Greensboro or Highpoint, NC you must try this one out. It sets on many acres having beautiful landscaping all around. What a great place to go and play golf as they have two outstanding manicured golf courses right there. It's just a resort that you should not want to miss. The rooms are so quiet you never hear any other noise outside of your own room. My wife and I never ate at the restaurants there, but I believe they had a total of three in the hotel. Pool outside and inside with a restaurant & bar. Restaurant & bar off from the pro shop with indoor and patio seating and the main restaurant off the lobby area with outside patio seating overlooking the flower garden and golf course.

My wife and I was going to Highpoint, NC to the world's largest furniture store (Furnitureland South) and this store is a treat in itself. So big it has it's own campus grounds with three separate multistory buildings on campus with it's own restaurant and starbucks coffee, etc inside the furniture showrooms.

Anyway, back to the Grandover Hotel. We had heard of this hotel, but new nothing about it or how far away from Furnitureland South it was. So, when planning the trip to buy furniture I went into Furnitureland South website. There I found a link to click on places to stay and woohoo, there was this hotel with a special rate if you where visiting the furniture store. (approximately 5 miles or less from store). Reading the information I found that Furnitureland South had made a deal with the Grandover Hotel for special rates for it's customers. Now, let me tell you it was so good there was no way to pass it up. We saved around 40 to 50% on our nightly room rate paying only $142.00 per night.

Keep in mind that I only rated it 4-stars. Little things like they hide their coffee in the morning, it's free, but if you didn't ask if they had coffee, then you would never know. Then we went to the pool bar to get a drink around 3pm and it was closed. Not much just a few things like this, but that's kind of a personal thing to me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Frank F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here for a night with girlfriends for my friends 40th birthday. We all enjoyed the spa for the day. We enjoyed the pool area but was disappointed there was no bar or food service there. We had to call room service and ask to have it delivered to the pool. Not expected from such an upscale resort.
We had dinner in the restaurant, Di Valletta, and it was great. Wonderful food and service. Lobby bar was nice before dinner, with a good selection. We were disported colony bar closes so early. They ran off about 20 paying customers at their early closing time. Lost revenue!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank GboroMomGoes
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stopped in Greensboro for a few days on our way to our Time Share in Hilton Head. Thoroughly enjoyed both the golf courses. A bit challenging but enjoyable. Lovely scenery. We also had a great view from our room over looking the golf course and driving range. Enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: We had room 906 overlooking the Driving range. Also a glimse of the outdoor pool. Had no noise at th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed there for an overnight escape close to home and were pleasantly impressed with the gorgeous grounds and impressive façade. It made me wish I knew how to play golf. Other than that the hotel has many extras included that make this a great place to stay- from free valet parking, free Wi-Fi access in the rooms, even a plush robe to use during your stay. The pool was very different, with a nice shape and indoor/outdoor combination and waterfall. Will plan to stay there again soon.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly to check availability. Webpage was showing nothing available and there were some...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed two nights at Grandover for a professional conference. The grounds are very well kept. The golf course looks very nice, but the hotel itself is sub-par. It's in desperate need of updating. While my room had a nice view of the golf course, I had to keep the curtains closed the whole time because the windows weren't sealed properly and dozens(not exaggerating) of lady bugs kept finding their way in. The lady bugs were helpful in that they provided a good indication of the cleanliness of the room, as dead ones could be found in various parts of the room and bathroom.

This could possible be a random, one time occurrence, but I'm just telling it like it is. If you don't mind driving to the course, better, more updated places can be found for MUCH less.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnF506
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our second time there, and it never disappoints. The hotel is GORGEOUS, the food superb, great service...could not ask for anything more. Sam, was a great waiter at the restaurant, and I had a great massage at the spa. I also had a facial, but was less impressed with it. Overall, great spa day, however! Highly recommend this resort, and will return, as often as my husband will take me!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We usually stay at Marriott properties and I never know what to expect when we don't. It's a roll of the dice that usually ends in disappointment. But not this time! The Grandover is impressive at first sight. You can see it long before you arrive and it is an imposing sight. The entrance/lobby area is the ambiance of opulence of days gone by. Meaning, they don't make them like this any more. It is a very large, open space that is beautifully decorated. Our check-in was flawless, and we received above-average service from everyone we interacted with. The room was well laid out and comfortable. The bed and pillows were especially comfortable. Everything was clean and operational. We explored the entire facility and it is very well maintained. The huge fireplace by the bar is a great place to enjoy a glass of wine or other beverage. The lobby is lit with candles in the evening which is very nice. The staff in the restaurant were exceptional. They were superbly professional, friendly, and helpful. I didn't realize the restaurant closes between lunch and dinner, and I showed up just as they were closing lunch, but they let me have a meal anyway. It was my last chance to eat before we got on the road for 8 hours of driving, and I TRULY appreciated their kindness. Not only that, even though they were trying to go home, the meal was prepared well and I enjoyed it. The breakfast I had was exceptionally good also. I explored the grounds around the golf course and they were beautifully landscaped and immaculately maintained. My husband had a buffet lunch as part of the business conference he was attending, and he reported that the food was exceptional, especially for a buffet. He was raving about it.

All in all, we had a great stay at the Grandover and would have no problem returning. It is a great facility with a wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business