“Grand Stay at Grandover”

Grandover Resort , Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed two nights at the Grandover and had a perfect stay. The hotel and grounds are well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great if you need easy access to I-85 but requires a short drive to get to anything in Greensboro. Definitely request a golf course view.

Room Tip: Request a golf course view. The other side of the hotel looks towards the interstate though it'...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I attended a conference at the Grandover and it was magnificent. I was first impressed by the staff as I was greeted at my car and escorted inside where the ladies at the desk were exceptional. I arrived early but hoped to have a room immediately. Though they tried they did not have anything ready. But no worries. They stored my luggage and parked my vehicle (free valet parking!) as I began to talk with other conference goers. Before I could get out of the lobby a bell hop politely informed me that they had a room ready! I had a king room with a view of the golf course and the little creek that ran along the property. I moved my very comfortable arm chair so that I could enjoy the view of the beautifully kept grounds instead of the television. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom with tub and shower spacious, the available robe soft and inviting, the coffee plentiful, and the WiFi easily accessible. They were able to keep up with the growing crowd of our convention without ever losing their smile. The resort and conference center were wonderful but I'm a stickler for customer service and was not disappointed. Hope to return with my husband very soon.

Room Tip: Take full advantage of the FREE valet parking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Duchess_of_Winter
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I attended a weekend conference there this past weekend and I must say this hotel was fabulous! We always travel down Interstate 85 coming from VA and I always told my husband , "I want to stay at that resort", well the conference just happened to be held there and I was so thrilled and sorry I haven't gotten the chance sooner to stay there. The staff was great, the room was immaculate, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was absolutely beautiful. I had the opportunity to go workout and the equipment was great. The breakfast buffet was fabulous! Whoever the chef was that did my omelet on Saturday morning 11/23/13, he should have a raise, and the waiters and maitre'd were also very nice and friendly! I will be coming back again just to enjoy the amenities. I only wish there was a small microwave in the room. This was a great weekend I spent with my husband! Thank you!

Room Tip: I could see the waterfalls from my room but I think any room is a good room there.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was my first time at the Grandover Resort as our conference was there, and all I can say is I wish I had visited sooner and more often. Staff is tuned in to your needs without being overly clingy and the property itself is one of the most beautiful in the country. Rooms are beautiful to say the least and you feel right at home as soon as you enter. Once you turn into the property, you have the feeling of an oasis amid the daily clatter. They do it right! The only drawback is it is about 25-30 minutes from the Greensboro Airport, so take that into account if you are flying.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Staff consistently helpful and cheerful. Bathroom spotless, bed comfortable, wireless works easily and well. Fitness room has good equipment but is crowded at peak times. Room is spacious with iron, coffee maker, sink, full lenghth mirror, safe, mini fridge. Bath is spotless with very nice toiletries and hair dryer along with extra large mirror (not magnifying).

Room Tip: I was close to elevators, but this did not impact sleep or comfort.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Grandover is the place to stay whether traveling to Greensboro or you just need a getaway. This is my third visit to the beautiful resort that has everything to make a visit tranquil.. The rooms are beautifully appointed with added amenties of marble, wet bar and luxury bath accessories. The grounds are immaculate with two golf courses that my friends play almost everyday. I take use of the indoor/outdoor pool, whirlpool, gym and the spa of course. The spa offers many services. I have tried a few and they have never missed the mark.

My parting indulgent is the Sunday brunch. It is reasonably priced and the food is delicious with lots of variety.

Oh there is one more thing. Perfect place for a wedding. Though I haven't attended one here, I have seen a couple of them. The hotel's adornments, the landscaping and the granduer make it a perfect setting for any wedding.

I will be back Grandover. See you next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I visited last week as we were attending High Point Market and stayed 3 nights in a Junior Suite. The resort is beautiful, the room was very nice and the staff was amazing!!!!! We may not make the trip to High Point Market again but we certainly will be visiting the Grandover Resort again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business