“A very good place to stay”

Grandover Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
San Antonio, Texas
“A very good place to stay”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I travel to this area for business and have been doing so for over 25 years. Over the last 10 years or so I have used the Grandover for stays and meetings. This is mainly due to location. However after reading the other reviews I feel compelled to point out that the value received for the rate charged is very good. That is rating only the value of the stay and not the quality of the golf or spa. The restaurant is also very good for the area. If you go there expecting to compare it to a 5 star golf property elsewhere you might be disappointed. However if you compare it based on the stay verses other hotels and motels in the area, it is a very good value. I would give them 4 stars for the traveler and for their handling of business meetings.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Jlarue111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a great resort to host a conference. The meeting rooms are spacious with great sound and knowledgeable A/V staff. Wes and John in Banquet Services are great to work with, quick to respond to any situation and will do whatever it takes to make sure your conference goes smoothly.

The guest rooms are clean, comfortable and well sized. My room on the 11th floor overlooked the pristine golf course; it's beautiful. The fitness room has cardio machines and a weight machine which were adequate.

Although it appears to be out of the way, it's actually close to some very good restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was the opening Spa Director at the Grandover Resort in 1999. I recently returned for a visit. The grounds and building are beautiful. The guest rooms are generally not too large but the public spaces in the resort are huge and generally not very crowded. there are many many spacious, clean public restrooms. the water from the water fountains in the public spaces was judged by my 9 year old daughter as the best water she has ever had. there is not much nearby the resort and it is not a great place for families. but for a couple looking for a relaxed getaway, I think it is great. Especially if one or both of you like golf, tennis, and spa treatments.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My mom and I stayed here from July 9-13th when my twins were at camp at Victory Junction camp. We both needed to get away and relax but also wanted to feel pampered and relaxed. I have to say that for a 5 star resort, the price we paid during the week was wonderful and I cannot wait to stay again next year, if not sooner.

My mother needed a handicapped room (for the bathroom) and the we asked for a received a wonderful room that was large and comfortable, furnishing were great with two very comfortable Queen beds.

From the moment my mom and I pulled up to the hotel door, in the pouring rain, the assistance and help and service we received was top notch. What I really liked is that despite being such a high end resort it was not pretentious and the staff not overbearing. I was comfortable walking around the hotel in either a dress or jeans. No one minded.

They provided excellent tips on what to see and where to eat. My mom and I spent our first day each getting a hot stone massage and facials (with lunch in between in the spa) and it was a great way to start.

It rained or was overcast most of the time we were there, so we did not sit at the pool, but I have to say the pool with the waterpool is just beautiful and just sitting inside by the waterfall is peaceful and serence.

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. We only ate at the the pool table for a quick bite a couple of evenings late but the food was great and service very good too.

I have to say my mom and I were both very pleased with our experience and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lawblond7
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a beautiful resort for relaxation. My husband and I visited on Labor Day Weekend. The resort and grounds are very well kept. The resort has a very peaceful and quiet atmosphere. The room was spacious and very clean. The service was wonderful. We had a Spa Package...the spa is very nice and relaxing. There wasn't very many people there but the service was great. The staff is very friendly; check-in and check-out was a breeze. We arrived at the resort at 11:00 because we had 12:00 appointment at the spa and they allowed us to check-in our room early! (That was a nice surprise.)

The restaurant, in the resort, is excellent! We had breakfast and dinner there and the food was 5-star quality. The resort offers free wi-fi to registered guests.

The resort appears to be "in the middle of nowhere", but Greensboro city limit is only about 4 miles away. We found a huge mall, a movie theater and numerous restaurants.

We will definitely visit the resort again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Senica G
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just finished a two night stay at the Grandover for a family wedding. The hotel was able to accommodate us all and provided ample space for us to congregate. We enjoyed time at the pool with the fun waterfall, caught up in the bar, and walked the beautiful grounds. The concierge, Karen, was wonderful in helping us find a fantastic baby sitter to care for our children one evening.
Just a couple things to note: the first few rooms of each floor are smoking rooms. The odor in the hallway as we exited the elevator each time was overwhelming. Lastly, although the breakfast we had at the Italian restaurant in the hotel was delicious it took much, much too long. Perhaps more staff needed?
Overall we had a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up for better views. We had connecting rooms looking out over the golf course...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I was a guest during the Wyndham Championship and I was very pleased with the Grandiver. Well appointed rooms with great views to the surrounding golf course. Wifi was good but not free. Swimming pool and hot tub, gym and a spa, so you have it all. I particularly enjoyed the spa and their attentive service. The pro-shop is very good too. And of course, the golf course is spot on. All in all a great stay for business conference and/or a golf outing.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business