“Perfect relaxation”

Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Alexandria, Virginia
“Perfect relaxation”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My mom and I stayed here from July 9-13th when my twins were at camp at Victory Junction camp. We both needed to get away and relax but also wanted to feel pampered and relaxed. I have to say that for a 5 star resort, the price we paid during the week was wonderful and I cannot wait to stay again next year, if not sooner.

My mother needed a handicapped room (for the bathroom) and the we asked for a received a wonderful room that was large and comfortable, furnishing were great with two very comfortable Queen beds.

From the moment my mom and I pulled up to the hotel door, in the pouring rain, the assistance and help and service we received was top notch. What I really liked is that despite being such a high end resort it was not pretentious and the staff not overbearing. I was comfortable walking around the hotel in either a dress or jeans. No one minded.

They provided excellent tips on what to see and where to eat. My mom and I spent our first day each getting a hot stone massage and facials (with lunch in between in the spa) and it was a great way to start.

It rained or was overcast most of the time we were there, so we did not sit at the pool, but I have to say the pool with the waterpool is just beautiful and just sitting inside by the waterfall is peaceful and serence.

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. We only ate at the the pool table for a quick bite a couple of evenings late but the food was great and service very good too.

I have to say my mom and I were both very pleased with our experience and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lawblond7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a beautiful resort for relaxation. My husband and I visited on Labor Day Weekend. The resort and grounds are very well kept. The resort has a very peaceful and quiet atmosphere. The room was spacious and very clean. The service was wonderful. We had a Spa Package...the spa is very nice and relaxing. There wasn't very many people there but the service was great. The staff is very friendly; check-in and check-out was a breeze. We arrived at the resort at 11:00 because we had 12:00 appointment at the spa and they allowed us to check-in our room early! (That was a nice surprise.)

The restaurant, in the resort, is excellent! We had breakfast and dinner there and the food was 5-star quality. The resort offers free wi-fi to registered guests.

The resort appears to be "in the middle of nowhere", but Greensboro city limit is only about 4 miles away. We found a huge mall, a movie theater and numerous restaurants.

We will definitely visit the resort again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Senica G
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just finished a two night stay at the Grandover for a family wedding. The hotel was able to accommodate us all and provided ample space for us to congregate. We enjoyed time at the pool with the fun waterfall, caught up in the bar, and walked the beautiful grounds. The concierge, Karen, was wonderful in helping us find a fantastic baby sitter to care for our children one evening.
Just a couple things to note: the first few rooms of each floor are smoking rooms. The odor in the hallway as we exited the elevator each time was overwhelming. Lastly, although the breakfast we had at the Italian restaurant in the hotel was delicious it took much, much too long. Perhaps more staff needed?
Overall we had a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up for better views. We had connecting rooms looking out over the golf course...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I was a guest during the Wyndham Championship and I was very pleased with the Grandiver. Well appointed rooms with great views to the surrounding golf course. Wifi was good but not free. Swimming pool and hot tub, gym and a spa, so you have it all. I particularly enjoyed the spa and their attentive service. The pro-shop is very good too. And of course, the golf course is spot on. All in all a great stay for business conference and/or a golf outing.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Clean, upscale, friendly staff and service all the way around. Greeted well, offered assistance whenever I walked in and out of the building. Room was nice, a little dated feeling but everything was clean, spacious and well maintained. Pool and hot tubs as well as fitness center were all well appointed and again clean and well maintained. Main restaurant on site offers better than most "hotel" food. Bartenders were all friendly and professional. Good property. Pricey but you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I really don't understand the complaints about the Grandover. I am a self-proclaimed "hotel snob" and this place is absolutely beautiful! The service was outstanding, the facility was immaculate, the rooms very comfortable and quiet and the location was very convenient (there is nothing outside of the facility within walking distance but my guess is most people staying here have a car and there is plenty to do within 5-10 minutes of the hotel). We were traveling with several families and the staff could not have been more kind and flexible. We all would have loved to have extended our trip a night or two. I can't believe some of the things mentioned as "complaints" (I mean no conditioner - come on - we had FIVE in our bathroom). The clientele is definitely on the "snotty" side with a bit of an attitude, so all I can say is take the comments with a grain of salt. This place is very, very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Before I go on - I should note my review's title is largely due to the super high praise I'd heard about this property from others who had stayed there. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with it - there was nothing overwhelmingly fantastic either ... parking situation good, rooms nice & clean, friendly staff, easy check-in/out, food fine. I suppose the main compliment I'd offer is related to the spa - which offers extremely well-priced services. My main complaint would be the lack of conditioner in the bathrooms - which might sound nitpicky but if you forgot to bring yours (as I did) - there is not much nearby in terms of purchasing some at Walgreens easily or whatnot. Also would note the somewhat early closing of the bar. All in all - as I said - a nice property, just not mind-blowing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business