“GREAT STAFF”

Greensboro Marriott Downtown
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Weekend Getaway......The staff at this hotel are amazing from the moment you walk in the door. I have not stayed at a hotel besides an all inclusive vacation where staff was so courtous. The hotel is very clean, room was very clean, and beds were comfortable. Hotel is showing some age. Bar area is very small and completely out dated. If you are looking for a happening hotel this is not it. Drink prices are outragous but this is with every Marriot. Hotel location is about 1/2 mile walk to restaurants and other bars but G-boro dowtown area doesnt have much to offer so this is not that big of a deal. We had 2 nights booked and ended up only staying 1 night because hotel and area was so dead with nothing to do. I give this hotel a 2 star because of its age, setup, and downtown Greensboro but the staff are amazing only if they were in another Marriot location. The Marriot in downtown Raleigh is much more happening, modern, and in better location for a NC weekend getaway. Will not be returning to Greensboro any time soon.

Room Tip: I had no problems with noise at hotel so I dont know what people are talking about. Some noise is g...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Donato P, General Manager at Greensboro Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Greensboro. Some exciting news, our hotel will be undergoing some changes starting in June of this year. We will be fully rennovating our lobby area, lounge and meeting space. I do hope you have the opportunity to experience the finished product once it is completed. We are sure you will find it to be much more modern and up to date. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Rooms were ok but I've stayed at nicer Courtyards & Fairfield Inns. You could hear every detail of the conversations in the rooms next door down to some poor soul puking his guts up at 3am!! Never again will we stay here. I enjoy my privacy and this is not the place for it!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Last weekend my sister and I took my Mother to Greensboro for her birthday. Greensboro is halfway between all of us ( we live in Raleigh and Charlotte) and we just wanted to spend some time doing nothing. We chose the Marriott because they offered a great weekend rate and with my Mom's senior rate it came to $100 a night. Despite the slushy, icy, snowy weather, we made it and were pleasantly surprised. Every single person we encountered over the course of our weekend was friendly and nice - everyone. And we all noticed it. The room was clean and large, the lobby was nicely decorated, the rate was affordable, the breakfast buffet was delicious and warm, the bar was cozy, and the room service friendly and fast. We were able to see just about every aspect of the hotel without really trying and it only added to our nice time. Thank you Marriott Greensboro because we almost stayed at Grandover. We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is not one of the best locations in the Marriott family. Room was average with two doubles. And very loud - til 2:30 am! Breakfast buffet was $12. Plus parking! Smith Street Diner nearby was nice, but only if there are four or fewer in your group. Plan on a wait.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

There's nothing much to do in Greensboro. The hotel however is a good clean facility with good self parking. Internet is 9.95 which I feel should be free. Even though hotel is in downtown, the downtown seems to be far away from other main places, or perhaps the city is just scattered.

The work out facility in the hotel is nice as well.

• Stayed: January 2013
Donato P, General Manager at Greensboro Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I am was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Greensboro and I do hope that if your travels bring you back this way that we have the opportunity to welcome you again.
Best Regards
Donato Pinierio

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at Marriott Downtown Greensboro on the busiest night of the year - New Year's Eve. There was a big concert in town (Avett Bros :)) and the hotel was crazy busy. Check in was a breeze, we even managed to switch our room from a double bed to a king size bed. Our room was on the 11th floor, very clean and comfortable. The front desk staff and greeters were nice/very helpful.
Sky and Katherine helped us with all our questions and needs. Thank you!

Yes, the hotel is older, elevators were slow. We could hear doors opening/closing within our room all night (it was NYE after all) but this would have not been a problem had I remembered my travel fan.
Thermostat worked well. Bathroom was clean. Bed was comfortable. Price reasonable.

Based on our stay, I would recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I come to this location several times a year, and I love it - the staff is so nice and they make you feel as though you are part of the family. I know Marriott has a great reputation and I usualy stay with them, but none of the others I have been to have a group of people who are so genuine. They are enthusiastic about thier favorite places to eat and always willing to spend time on helping you find your way or making suggestions on things to do. I appreciate them more each time I visit. I see that some other peole have not posted such nice things about this hotel - I suggest you go and find out for yourself!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business