“Experience on New Year's Eve”

Greensboro Marriott Downtown
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Experience on New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at Marriott Downtown Greensboro on the busiest night of the year - New Year's Eve. There was a big concert in town (Avett Bros :)) and the hotel was crazy busy. Check in was a breeze, we even managed to switch our room from a double bed to a king size bed. Our room was on the 11th floor, very clean and comfortable. The front desk staff and greeters were nice/very helpful.
Sky and Katherine helped us with all our questions and needs. Thank you!

Yes, the hotel is older, elevators were slow. We could hear doors opening/closing within our room all night (it was NYE after all) but this would have not been a problem had I remembered my travel fan.
Thermostat worked well. Bathroom was clean. Bed was comfortable. Price reasonable.

Based on our stay, I would recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I come to this location several times a year, and I love it - the staff is so nice and they make you feel as though you are part of the family. I know Marriott has a great reputation and I usualy stay with them, but none of the others I have been to have a group of people who are so genuine. They are enthusiastic about thier favorite places to eat and always willing to spend time on helping you find your way or making suggestions on things to do. I appreciate them more each time I visit. I see that some other peole have not posted such nice things about this hotel - I suggest you go and find out for yourself!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I work with a basketball team and we stay at MANY Marriott hotels... Several things were wrong with our stay. Without going into a lot of specifics the hotel staff was not in a rush to fix the issues, the food was average at best and was very expensive. I can tell you for sure that I will not recommend this hotel to the rest of the sports teams at my university nor anyone for that matter. Very displeased from a rather loyal Marriott customer... I will certainly think twice in the future.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just what you'd come to expect from a full-service Marriott. No surprises. This hotel is downtown, and is very convenient to the new ballpark (NewBridge Bank Park). The restaurant is fine and the front desk personnel could not be nicer!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel is not what I expected from Marriot. The hotel is starting to show it's age. Rooms are average for a hotel of this level. Please compare others if you expect high end accommodations. Service at front desk and restaurant where good. Maintence staff were prompt in repairing heating issue. The one plus they have is to the night life of downtown Greensboro.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Hotel is very convient to resturaunts. Staff is eager to please. We were in town for the Nascar race in Martinsville. The same weekend was homcoming for a local clollege. It was cvery noisy the first night but the hotel did their best to contain the problem.

Room Tip: Try Opah a greek place within walking distance. Also La Italia for pasta delivery
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here on business. I expected Delorean to walk down the stairs any minute- what a throw back to the eighties. Very solid hotel saved by the front desk staff. Don't know if I would stay there again or try to find a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2012