Greensboro Marriott Downtown
$118
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
$95
Comfort Suites Airport(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$159
$127
Sleep Inn Airport(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$60
$58
Comfort Inn Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$91
$76
ComfortInn
$142
$139
$113
Hampton.com
Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$84
$144
$121
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$199
$189
Priceline
All reviewsthe concierge loungeparking attendantfront deskper dayself parkingelm streetparking deckrestaurant staffwithin walking distancebusiness triphighly recommend this hotelsouthern hospitalityupon checkbed was comfortablenice staybusiness centerindoor pool
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently stayed Saturday night Sept 29 at the Marriott Greensboro, NC which is located downtown. I am a Platinum Premier so I expected an upgrade when I arrived with the reservation made weeks in advance. That never happened. In fact when I checked in I had to remind the front desk clerk to ask me did I want points or a room gift.

What happened that evening is the worst experience I have ever had at a Marriott. They gave me a room across the hall from a Hospitality suite. I had a wake up call set for 4 am to catch a 6 am flight so I went to bed at 10 pm. At 10:30 I awoke to a loud party across the hall. I called repeatedly to the front desk to complain of the noise and they did nothing. I called again at 11, 12:15 am, 1 am,1:45 am. NOTHING
Finally Police showed up at 2 am to clear the room.

This management team needs a procedure to deal with unruly guest. The GM is at fault here for failure to train his staff.
What happened when I checked out ? The night auditor told me he would make no adjustment to the bill. Tough luck.
Stay away from this Marriott property.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cpate001
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Very nice staff and a decent property and close to everything I needed. Nice concierge's lounge experience and comfortable rooms. Parking is free and covered but not free. Will stay here again next time in town for business but the airport property is more convenient to my client while this one best for locations and "in town". You should have a good stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MASTERPC
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed in this Marriott on business. The staff was very friendly and handed me and my associate a cooled water bottle upon check in. Nice! When I asked about a printer for boarding pass they took my info, printed and delivered them to my room. The room was fine and the hotel close to everything. Would return if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here for two nights when in town for a wedding. Check in was easy. Front desk was happy to recommend a place for dinner and had several good suggestions. Rooms were fine - not great, not terrible. Standard Marriott amenities. The bathroom was very small - could barely have two people brushing teeth at the same time. Would stay again if I had reason to be in the area and the price was right. Best feature was proximity to Downtown - all restaurants and bad were within a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I am a loyal silver elite Marriott Reward member. I had stayed in this chain of hotels all over the USA and abroad. This Marriott in Greensboro is more like a budget inn. Everything is old and not up to date. The service is just like any other Marriott, but if you are like me and want a nice, clean and up to date hotel experience, stay away from this place. I check in a couple of months ago, I stayed for two hours, paid my bill and left. I was even charged the full day of valet parking. I was very disappointed...I could not even spend the night in this place! I ordered room service when I got to the room, of course my order was not right...the person bringing the food to the room attempted humor and told a disquishing joke as I was eating. About a certain type movie and he and his girlfriend needed tissue, her for crying and him, sexual in nature. I yelled and him and advised that I was trying to eat, he apologized and later called to offer me a free desert. I let him bring it to the room, a brownie with ice cream, but with him attitude and nasty behavior, I was not about to eat anything else he gave to me. I left the hotel, paid my $160.00 for two hours in a nasty room and left.

Disappointed in the standards of this hotel...Should not be on the list of Marriot hotels.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo