All reviewsthe green valley grillsouthern breakfastdressing areaclassical musicbeautiful hotelsister hotelwonderful restaurantfavorite hotelattached restaurantbreakfast buffettrufflerooms are largeon site restaurantroom servicefiltered waterevery staff membervisiting greensboro
Reviewed October 29, 2009

We stayed in the O Henry Hotel in 2000 and, visiting Greensboro again, decided to stay there again. It was exactly as we remembered - friendly helpful staff, wonderful room and facilities, excellent food. The complimentary breakfast is the best I know in any hotel - with the best pastries I have tasted! Just a wonderful experience and great valuye for money.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I've stayed at the O'Henry Hotel in Greensboro on six occasions over the past several years. In my opinion, it should be a five star hotel in all respects. It is a beautiful, well maintained property. I usually stay in a standard king room which is fairly large and always sparkling clean. The room is tastefully decorated and includes a sofa, work area, large screen tv, stero system and a separate dressing area. The bath is all tile with a tub and a glass enclosed shower. One of the things that has always struck me is how quiet it is in this hotel. I've never heard any adjoining room noise although some hall noise may creep through - mainly from those inconsiderate guests who insist on talking loud in the hallway and who slam their room doors. The adjoining Green Valley Grill is an excellent restaurant, far above your typical hotel restaurant. I believe the menu changes with the season because I don't recall ever seeing the same menu twice. The hotel bar is next to the restaurant. You enter both the restaurant and the bar directly from the hotel. Both appear to be very popular with Greensboro residents and I've learned from experience to make restaurant reservations beforehand, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. I found the wait staff in both to be very friendly and knowledgeable. The same goes for the front desk staff - very friendly and professional. They will also make restaurant reservations for you at check-in. All in all, I can't imagine ever staying in a hotel in Greensboro other than the O'Henry.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2009

After staying three times at The Grandover in the last twelve months I thought I would give this hotel a try. The rate was $199 a night. I didn't like my first room (on the third floor, with a roof outside) and was quickly given a room on a higher floor. The room was a good size and very clean. I did not care for the dark furniture and I don't understand the raves about the bed (the blanket was extremely thin). I did like the layout of the bathroom with both a separate shower and a sink inside the bathroom and another one outside in the dressing area. The room had a refrigerator and microwave (although the hotel 'store' had very few food items). The amenities were good and plentiful. I found the breakfast disappointing - the food was not replenished, the variety was slim (no pancakes, french toast or waffles, and no bagels) - although that may be my regional taste. The breakfast room was OK - windows on three sides leading to an outdoor courtyard, but the tables were beat up and looked lousy. The Grandover breakfast (while not included in the standard room rate) was wonderful in comparison. I used the pool area - it was very small with only five lounge chairs, so it could be crowded in warm weather. The room service menu was from the restaurant downstairs, and I didn't find anything off the dinner menu appealing. The hotel is well-located for a walking trip to an upscale mall across the street (or use the hotel free shuttle) with many good restaurants, stores and a movie theater. The hotels pros and cons stack up well with the lower rated Grandover - the Grandover will probably get my repeat business because of the breakfast and other food options and the resort feel.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Fontaine
Reviewed March 13, 2009

We loved the hotel. We get away once a month for a little time to ourselves. The O. Henry is beautiful. The restaurant and bar were very nice, the rooms were beautiful, the buffet breakfast was delicious and the staff was excellent. I have to say this hotel is the best hotel we have been in. I believe it is even better than the ritz carlton. I liked the stand up shower and tub. The bathroom was large. A CD player and music were at bedside. The rooms were CLEAN. The on-line price was $180. I called the hotel and was able to get this price with no problem. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennss13
Reviewed February 19, 2009

My husband proposed to me at this hotel and we revisited this Valentine's day. We had a wonderful valentine's package that included chocolate and cheese, wine or champagne, $30 credit towards dinner at their Green Valley Grill, afternoon tea, late checkout, and a hot breakfast. Even though the hotel was slammed for V day, there was no compromise in service or cleanliness. Our dinner was wonderful and the room was quiet. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple