All reviews the green valley grill southern breakfast dressing area classical music beautiful hotel sister hotel wonderful restaurant favorite hotel attached restaurant breakfast buffet truffle rooms are large on site restaurant room service filtered water every staff member visiting greensboro
Reviewed March 13, 2009

We loved the hotel. We get away once a month for a little time to ourselves. The O. Henry is beautiful. The restaurant and bar were very nice, the rooms were beautiful, the buffet breakfast was delicious and the staff was excellent. I have to say this hotel is the best hotel we have been in. I believe it is even better than the ritz carlton. I liked the stand up shower and tub. The bathroom was large. A CD player and music were at bedside. The rooms were CLEAN. The on-line price was $180. I called the hotel and was able to get this price with no problem. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennss13
Reviewed February 19, 2009

My husband proposed to me at this hotel and we revisited this Valentine's day. We had a wonderful valentine's package that included chocolate and cheese, wine or champagne, $30 credit towards dinner at their Green Valley Grill, afternoon tea, late checkout, and a hot breakfast. Even though the hotel was slammed for V day, there was no compromise in service or cleanliness. Our dinner was wonderful and the room was quiet. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2009

I visited the O Henry for a girlfriends getaway and visit to nearby Chinquapenn Plantation.
The O Henry is one of the top Hotels I have ever visited. The rooms are roomy and beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is like none other. Roomy, with a 40's feel. And a dressing quarters with a wonderul mirror and a place to sit and fix your face.

Breakfast, which was included, is not your ordinary breakfast. This silver service dining experience is wonderful! The food is outstanding and you can even sit in the courtyard and watch the little birds try and steal a bite!

The restaurant on site is very good and has both indoor and outdoor seatings. Also, a very roomy bar if you care to have a cocktail before dinner.

Tea is served in the afternoon in a beautiful lobby with the word of the Gift of the Magi stenciled around the ceiling of the room. A complimentary copy of the O'henry favorite is found in each room.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2008

First floor is heaven: great breakfast, best damn coffee, selection of spaces to enjoy. But didn't get the newspaper or real milk for coffee and window was broken, wouldn't open (8th floor off elevator). Should have asked for the milk.

Going back, though.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed October 20, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the O.Henry while in Greensboro for a concert at the Coliseum and really enjoyed it. The staff was nice, the hotel was attractive, and our room was very spacious and comfortable. The bath was clean and had a separate tub & shower, there is a separate dressing area with sink, and the bed was really comfy. The hotel's breakfast was very well stocked and was complimentary.

We had dinner at the hotel's Green Valley Grill and enjoyed our food and service there as well. We liked it enough that we stopped off after the concert to split the dessert sampler.

I read complaints about the price, but I didn't feel bad paying ~ $190/night. We are looking forward to the next time the grandparents can babysit so we can try it out again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple