“Eagles Nest”

Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Charlotte
“Eagles Nest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We came to Greensboro for business and we stayed over here to attend the Eagles concert recently. This is a first class hotel in every respect. The Green Valley Grill is an outstanding restaurant and we had a delicious dinner in a beautiful setting created by the hotel's designers, even though the hotel itself is nestled among an office/business park. Our room was luxurious and the entire trip was a great treat, with one exception. This hotel needs to partner with a more reliable and competent transportation service for special events such as this concert. The recommended shuttle bus service to the Greensboro Coliseum was chaotic, to say the least. However, the less said about that, the better. Otherwise, this is the best place to stay in the Triad, in my opinion.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RickMarsh
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Great headline to your review! Since we are a literary hotel, we love to play with words. When traveling it's wonderful to treat yourself to something special and we are honored you chose the O.Henry as that special treat.

We rely on feedback to improve our amenities and services even when they are not our own. We will certainly investigate other options for special events transportation services to take care of our guests when they are in Greensboro.

We hope to see you next time there is a good concert in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were flying out of the Greenboro airport and decided to treat ourselves to this hotel the night before the flight to celebrate my child's birthday. From the balloons they procured, to the milk and cookies they set up in the room right before our arrival, the attention to detail was top notch. They were friendly, attentive and very helpful. The room was lovely. The pool was lovely, in such a beautiful setting. The afternoon tea was very fun and they were great with kids. The kids wanted to try room service and the food from the Grill downstairs was delicious. I had a cauliflower steak that was amazing! We used the shuttle service to the airport (very helpful) and took the London Taxi back (really, really fun!). And we all loved the special touch of the O'Henry candy bars at the front desk. Can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dr_Evils_TravelAgent
We truly love making family memories special! We hope that this fun and festive birthday experience will be remembered in the years to come and everyone will want to return for many more.

Room service is such a wonderful indulgence, I am so glad you enjoyed the Cauliflower Steak, it is a local favorite. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our many amenities!

We look forward to being a part of many more birthdays to come with your family.
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had purchased 2 tickets to see Rod Stewart in Greensboro, North Carolina on October 17, 2013 and since we had not been anywhere in awhile, we decided to spend the night rather than drive home after the concert. We arrived at O Henry about 2 hours before the concert. The room was beautiful and the bathroom was luxurious. When we unpacked, we headed down to the O Henry Grill and shared a couple of appetizers which were our dinner. The food was delicious. We were so happy to learn that the hotel provided a shuttle to and from the Coliseum. It was wonderful to have someone else drive us that knew where they were going and we did not need to park. The next morning I got up early while my husband slept and ate the complementary breakfast which included everything from eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, grits, etc. Every afternoon from 2:00 to 5:00PM the hotel offers tea in the beautiful front room of the hotel. After checking out of the hotel at noon, we came back for tea at 2PM. In addition to delicious tea, we had scones, clotted cream, lemon curd, tea sandwiches, and various sweets. After this fun 24 hours we got back into our car and drove home. The concert was held on Thursday night. The next day we found out that Rod Stewart had been in town since Tuesday and had chosen the O Henry to rest up for a couple of nights before this concert. I think the fact that he chose to stay at the O Henry says a lot. Great 24 hours. Can't wait for an excuse to come back.

Room Tip: I made a reservation about 1 month in advance and trusted the staff to choose the room for us.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Exciting! Trips out of town for concerts are so much fun and we are so glad you chose to stay with us and that we were able to make it so easy, enjoyable and relaxing.

Concert traffic is no fun, so we are so glad you were able to enjoy a stress-free evening with Rod Stewart… we hope the show was amazing too.

Our Afternoon Tea is wonderful – what a fun thing to include in a concert weekend. There are lots of excuses to come back to Greensboro… we have concerts, art museums, nearby shopping village or just to restore your spirit! We look forward to your next stay with us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at the O. Henry hotel for a week on business, and I am still in awe of the experience. Every interaction I had with the staff was beyond compare. For example, the first day I was there, I realized that I had forgotten contact lens solution and asked the front desk the location of the nearest pharmacy (although the hotel has plenty of standard toiletries on hand they can give you, they did not of course had that particular item). The front desk attendant provided a map of a place right across the street and even added tips on the best crosswalk to use to get there. Upon my return he saw me and asked if I had found the pharmacy alright. On Day 3 I decided to go for a run on the running trail that is easily accessible by the hotel. Upon my return and climbing the hotel steps, the doorman asked kindly if I would like a towel and a bottle of water! I was not in the gym--this was the doorman!

I ordered room service twice (from the hotel's own Green Valley Grill--delicious!) and it arrived freshly prepared and piping hot in no more than 15 minutes. Each time they showed up I said, "You are the fastest room service I have ever had," to which the server said, "we like to exceed your expectations." Indeed. The food was delicious too: the beef short ribs melted like butter, and the parmesan crusted chicken with a garlic lemon sauce was decadent.

Each morning there is a full buffet breakfast complete with scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal with all the fixings, grits, a selection of pastries, cereals, fruit, breads...everything. If I had to find one nit-picky constructive criticism it would be to change up the breakfast buffet by one or two items after a couple of days--that said, what they had was delicious. And the coffee was excellent.

The rooms are beautifully appointed and I loved the separate powder room area and bathroom with both a glass-enclosed shower and a soaking tub. The beds are extremely comfortable--I am actually considering calling the hotel and finding out how to get one for my home.

I could go on. Needless to say, every hotel should take a lesson from the O. Henry. It exceeded my expectations on every count.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wow! We are honored with your amazing review and we are thrilled you enjoyed your week long stay with us. It makes us smile when we are able to exceed our guests expectations. Thank you for the suggestions to our Southern breakfast buffet. We will share them with Chef Leigh Hesling at Green Valley Grill. Suggestions like this really make our hotel what it is. By the way the Counter Culture Coffee is extraordinary.

I too am a runner so I can appreciate our staff's genuine offering to help you recover after a long run. Our area running trails are wonderful. We also offer bikes to ride on those same trails. Try it out the next time your staying with us.

Our beds and Magi Bedding really is comfy! Our Magi Bedding is available for purchase just give us a call and we'll order it for you.

We truly do enjoy exceeding your expectations and we are so glad you had a great experience and wanted to share it with other travelers.
Caldwell, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just stayed at the O.Henry less than two weeks ago and the place was great.. They started by picking us up at the airport in a cool English style cab with a super friendly driver, you could tell when you checked in that it was going to be a good stay by the way you we're treated. The room was extremely clean and comfy with a very nice bed. Room included a breakfast that was above average and we also dined one night at the Green Valley grill located inside the hotel it was also very good. Would I stay again? Absolutely!!!

1 Thank Brad G
Our mission is to be of genuine service to our guests. I am so glad you were able to have an authentic experience with our dedicated staff. It sounds like you enjoyed many of our extraordinary amenities like our Magi bedding and the wonderful European flavors at Green Valley Grill. Chef Leigh Hesling comes up with amazing monthly features.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Greensboro.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The only place to stay in Greensboro! I recently stayed one night at the O. Henry for business and had a great stay. The common areas are very nice, the rooms are large and very clean and the staff is wonderful. My favorite hotel in Greensboro.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We are so honored to be your favorite hotel in Greensboro. Thank you for the wonderful comments!

We hope your business travels bring you back to us soon.
Bonita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

What super polite and courtesy service. Southern Hospitality. Picked us up at the airport in an English Car, set the ac, carried our bags, would not let me help. Hotel location great, shopping mall within walking distance. Great resturant, great bar, good southern breakfast, rooms and bathroom excellent. The Fitness center excellent. They offer transportation nearby (small fee), Staff helpful and friendly. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Oh Boy! We are so glad you had a wonderful stay and are thrilled you were able to take advantage of the many amenities the O. Henry has to offer. Our London Taxis are very special to us and we really enjoy sharing the driving experience with our guests. We even have a fun video on our hotel channel about our Taxis, you will have to check it out next time you are here!

It is our mission to make you smile. We appreciate your feedback.