“Great business hotel with excellent restaurant”
Review of O.Henry Hotel

O.Henry Hotel
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Great business hotel with excellent restaurant”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights while attending a training at the Center for Creative Leadership. The hotel is a well maintained, very nice facility with friendly and extremely helpful staff. The rooms are spacious and very clean, only niggle I have is that the air conditioning can't be adjusted, and my room was quite cold, with the A/C a bit on the noisy side when it kicked in. A very pleasant surprise is the hotel restaurant, the Green Valley Grill, which offers outstanding and creative dishes from very fresh ingredients.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We are thrilled to be the hotel partner to the Center for Creative Leadership. They have a wonderful training program and I hope you found it rewarding.

I am so sorry that your air conditioning system malfunctioned and was noisy. This is not the norm and we will be checking all of our rooms to ensure it does not happen to another guest. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

It is great to hear the wonderful comments about the Green Valley Grill from someone who stayed 5 nights and likely ate there more than once! It offers such a great variety; one can never get bored with the selections.

I hope you get the opportunity to attend another Center for Creative Leadership Program in the near future, so we can take care of you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Modiin, Israel
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I visited the hotel during a business trip of 3 days.
The hotel is completable and well planned.
Lobby is beautiful and it's high ceiling gives an impression of an old and established building.

The restaurant attached to the hotel is nice and food is good.

Hotel staff was somehow a bit intrusive.

Breakfast was more than disappointing as the sortiment was relatively poor for a 250$ per night.

All in all a good hotel. Improving the breakfast will increase the valuefor the money paid.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We take all of our guest comments to heart and are truly disappointed that we did not meet all of your expectations. I appreciate your feedback regarding our staff, we have to do a better job of “reading our guests” so as not to be intrusive.

Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast offerings, I will share it with our restaurant team and discuss what other options we might provide our guests in the future.

We are grateful that your overall experience was enjoyable and that you considered your business trip well planned. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the O'Henry while attending my son's soccer tournament in Greensboro. I was so impressed with the staff-they went out of their way to make our young soccer players and their families feel so comfortable. The environment is so warm and welcoming. I thought the rooms were beautifully appointed, extremely comfortable and clean. There are many small details that make it obvious that this hotel really cares about creating a great guest experience. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed September 2013
Awesome!

Come again soon!
North Carolina
Reviewed August 25, 2013

As with the others, I was not sure what to expect, but I was most pleasantly surprised. The inn obviously makes an effort to impress and succeeds. The rooms were elegant and comfortable. The staff was attentive without being fussy.

I don’t think we will be in the area again but would highly recommend the hotel to others. It is always a delight to find a hotel that is so warm and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
It is wonderful to receive a review that is intended to help other travelers to find great places to stay in cities like Greensboro. The O. Henry is a hidden gem and comments like yours are truly appreciated, it causes people to look for us and trust us!

Thank you!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 10, 2013

By mistake, my company booked my room @ O. Henry Hotel instead of my usual Proximity (I think same chain?). At first I was disappointed b/c I love the proximity, however once in the O. Henry I was very satisfied, elegant & attentive staff, would highly recommend. Also for business travelers great breakfast served every morning, free.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
You are correct, both the O. Henry Hotel and Proximity Hotel are owned and operated by Quaintance Weaver Restaurants and Hotels. We are delighted that you are now a fan of both of our hotels. Since they are just across the street from each other, you will be able to choose which one suits your mood each time you visit Greensboro!

We look forward to your next visit to the O. Henry or the Proximity Hotels. We both promise to take great care of you.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 7, 2013

After a long road trip, we found ourselves unexpectedly near Greensboro and followed a tip to call the O. Henry Hotel -- and we are so glad we did! From the person who answered that call to everyone on the staff we met, it was like being hosted by the adult children of old friends! There are so many smart design choices in this hotel and the public spaces are gracious and lovely without being too grand or grandiose. Met such nice folks at the bar, enjoyed a lovely dinner on the patio (delighted to find one of my favorite wines at a great price), and marveled at how comfortable and spacious our room turned out to be. The breakfast buffet was as fine as I've had in a very long time -- a delicious southern spread, thoughtfully presented and available in a charming room; fresh local blueberry jam made me swoon! We could have happily stayed for days and certainly hope we have a chance to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It makes me so proud of our hotel and our team to receive such a great review. We share all of our reviews with our team, they will love this one!

We hope you have a chance to stay with us again.
USA
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hotel is a lovely, centrally-located gem. Rooms are large and quiet, with comfortable beds comfortable. Bathrooms clean and well-appointed. Public spaces were attractive and enjoyable. Restaurant service is prompt and attentive. I only wish I had more time to enjoy my stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
You will have to come back when you have more time to enjoy not just the hotel but the surrounding area; Greensboro has a lot to offer.

Our housekeeping team appreciates the recognition of their efforts keeping the hotel beautifully clean, they do a great job!

Thank you for your comments. We hope you can return soon.