“Wonderful Hotel”
Review of O.Henry Hotel

O.Henry Hotel
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here a few years ago and have always wanted to go back because it was so beautiful. I felt like I had stepped back in time. We had tea in the lobby and loved it.I loved the writing on the walls and the grand lobby. We also had a party in the restaurant for a graduation which was great and the waiter was very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

It is so exciting to us that the memory of your visit to the O. Henry is still so vivid in your mind. It has been almost a year since you stayed with us.

We hope that you have an opportunity to return to Greensboro and step back in time once again!

We would love to show off some of our new enhancements and upgrades we are doing to the hotel.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and your fellow travelers.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

It is very beautiful. The elevator is beautiful. The pool is a little small but i love that it is outside. The mall and McDonalds was very close. The view weren't great all you saw was the traffic and power lands. The bathroom was beautiful the bath tube was big enough for me to lay down in it and i am 5 foot 8 inches. It had a FRIDGE AND MICROWAVE! I loved that. The subtle was Expensive and so was room service. The free internet was great. And the complimenter news paper in the morning. Free wake up calls. Fitness center was huge. The paintings was beautiful but i wish that there was a vending machice in the hotel were the ice & vending is. The grill is great my daughter didn't like it though. The grill didn't make the hotel look good. But overall i am very glad that we choose the O. Henry Hotel. :)

Room Tip: Veiws are the best on 3rd floor facing south
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We are delighted that you chose the O. Henry for your recent visit to Greensboro and that you were glad to have chosen us. Your feedback and observations are a great help to us and our future guests.

I am sorry that our staff did not direct you to our ice and vending machines that we have on our guest floors and we will look into improving our directional signage. Thank you for pointing this out, we love to get our guest’s perspective.

Your comments regarding the views from the hotel of Greensboro will be helpful to other guests when they make their reservations, they can request a high floor and we will be happy to accommodate their request.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

What a great find in Greensboro. Staff was extremely accomodating (went out of their way on several occasions), rooms are comfortable and well-appointed, and the public spaces are charming. The included breakfast was terrific, as was service the evening before when we had drinks at the bar. It is clear that the owners of this relatively new property are working hard to make it one of the best hotels in the state.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our operations team and design team is focused on continually improving and upgrading the O. Henry to help show off Greensboro and North Carolina. Several enhancements are already happening this summer and fall to celebrate our 15th anniversary in November.

We hope your business or leisure travel brings you back to the O. Henry in the near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel that had so little to fault. The staff was uniformly attentive, polite and pleasant and helpful in every possible way. The hotel itself is very lovely, with lots of little touches to add the sense of "specialness" that is so transporting; I especially liked how the names of O. Henry's greatest short stories were engraved around the perimeter of the elevator cars. Complimentary breakfast was outstanding, and although it was buffet style, I saw a server go out of her way to assure an elderly couple that she would get them seated and be happy to bring whatever they wanted right to their table. The bed was just about the most comfortable I've ever encountered. The room was spacious, had great touches all over, and the bathroom area was so beautifully designed--a separate room with the stall shower, soaking tub, sink and toilet, and then a dressing area with a sink, closet, luggage area, etc. Cozy and plush bathrobes, white as snow, were provided. Free WiFi worked perfectly with minimal fuss to access. The whole hotel was spotlessly maintained. The lobby was distinguished by a grand piano which was being electronically "played", and it was the highest quality of this type music I have ever heard.

We didn't use the exercise facilities, and I couldn't peek into any of the reception/conference areas, but I bet they're of equally high quality. The outdoor courtyard was in active use despite the debilitating heat during our visit, which says a lot about how the hotel maintains it. There's a pool which we didn't use. It's a little pricey, so a stay here will definitely be a splurge, but if you're in the mood for splurging, you couldn't do it in a better Greensboro hotel.

A charming throwback combined with all the modern amenities. Couldn't ask for anything more!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EllenRN

Your review has left me speechless! “Thank you” hardly covers our gratitude for your recognition of our hotel and team. Delighted, Grateful, Awesome and Honored are only a few of the sentiments I want to share with you.

I hope you come back again soon; I would love the opportunity to meet you and thank you in person.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Wow!! I booked this hotel because my daughter was receiving a top ten in the state award for Girl Scout cookie sales. Wasn't expecting much...but wow!!! We just came from Annapolis from my son's naval academy camp and this place blew ALL top hotels there away. Price and value! This is a beautiful top notch hotel equivalent to old Edwards inn in highlands, NC( where we live( I'm telling you who knew?) absolutely first class!!! Don't miss it! Will definatley spread the word about this hotel!!!! Nicely done!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Congratulations to your daughter, what a wonderful accomplishment! I am glad that we could be a part of the celebration. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and turned you into an advocate. The Old Edwards Inn looks absolutely beautiful; we are honored by your putting us in the same category.

Thank you for being supportive of North Carolina local businesses when you travel the state.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This review is based on a one night stay in the Magi Suite for my wedding. It's difficult to review for a hotel which you only stayed one night, so here we go. The Magi suite is in one word - Amazing. The amenities this hotel provides was enough to suit any traveler. I advise getting one of the packages. Since it was our wedding, I chose the Enchanted Escape package since it included breakfast in bed and couples massage and late check out. I hope they don't mind me telling you we were even granted early check in too since it worked perfect for our schedule of having my wife's hairdresser do her hair at the enormous mirror in the bathroom. The most comfortable bed must be the Magi which O'Henry provides. Service was great also. I hope the staff maintains their high standards. Great job!

• Stayed: June 2013

It is exciting for us to know that we played a special role in your recent honeymoon,
Congratulations!

Thank you for your suggestion for other travelers to investigate our package options, we have a great selection for any occasion and they are a great value.

We hope to see you on your many anniversaries to come!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here with my mother and two sons over the 4th of July weekend. On our first night we were in a king bed/pull out couch room. The room size was fine but we really needed a two queen bed room which we were given for the next two nights. The king mattress, by the way, was the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. The queen bed rooms are big and the four of us had plenty of room. We never felt like we were bumping into each other or trying to get out of each other's way.

The hotel buffet breakfast is complimentary and includes eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits/gravy, pastry, breads, cereal, fruits, juices and coffee. It was fantastic.

One of the hotel amenities that we used was the outdoor pool. It is on the small side but was very quaint. Soft classical music played in the background of the pool area and that was a nice touch. 4'3" was the deepest the pool got so that was nice since my kids are 8 and 9 years old. There were plenty of towels, comfortable lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas in the pool area and food service was available there.

We also used the gym. It had three treadmills, two elliptical machines, two bikes, some free weights, clean mats and a bench. The equipment was up to date and had attached TV screens/service to each machine. Not bad and definitely good enough for us. I believe there was the option to use another gym nearby if one wished to pay an additional fee.

The staff was very good. We had pleasant interactions with the front desk, food service personnel, housekeeping and doormen. We especially appreciated the hospitality from Michael Jenkins/Michael J. What a wonderful ambassador! We ran into him several times over our stay and each time he offered kind words, a friendly face, an interesting story or great suggestions for the area. My kids kept looking for him whenever we were in the lobby. This man is a gem.

The hotel was immaculate. Cleanliness is extremely important to me and this place was spotless.

Overall, I was very impressed . There was one little glitch with an early morning wake up call that keeps me from giving this hotel a perfect rating. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katy T

Another great word “divine”, one of it’s meanings in the dictionary is “heavenly”. Wow! We are truly honored by your review.

Mr. Jenkins’ official title is “Ambassador of Arrival”; it suits him to a “T”. We are extremely lucky to have a staff member who loves our guests and the role he plays in their O. Henry experience. He is a gem!

We hope you have the opportunity to come back and spend more time with us and Mr. Jenkins!