All reviews the green valley grill southern breakfast dressing area classical music beautiful hotel sister hotel wonderful restaurant favorite hotel attached restaurant breakfast buffet truffle rooms are large on site restaurant room service filtered water every staff member visiting greensboro
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Wow!! I booked this hotel because my daughter was receiving a top ten in the state award for Girl Scout cookie sales. Wasn't expecting much...but wow!!! We just came from Annapolis from my son's naval academy camp and this place blew ALL top hotels there away. Price and value! This is a beautiful top notch hotel equivalent to old Edwards inn in highlands, NC( where we live( I'm telling you who knew?) absolutely first class!!! Don't miss it! Will definatley spread the word about this hotel!!!! Nicely done!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Congratulations to your daughter, what a wonderful accomplishment! I am glad that we could be a part of the celebration. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and turned you into an advocate. The Old Edwards Inn looks absolutely beautiful; we are honored by your putting us in the same category.

Thank you for being supportive of North Carolina local businesses when you travel the state.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This review is based on a one night stay in the Magi Suite for my wedding. It's difficult to review for a hotel which you only stayed one night, so here we go. The Magi suite is in one word - Amazing. The amenities this hotel provides was enough to suit any traveler. I advise getting one of the packages. Since it was our wedding, I chose the Enchanted Escape package since it included breakfast in bed and couples massage and late check out. I hope they don't mind me telling you we were even granted early check in too since it worked perfect for our schedule of having my wife's hairdresser do her hair at the enormous mirror in the bathroom. The most comfortable bed must be the Magi which O'Henry provides. Service was great also. I hope the staff maintains their high standards. Great job!

• Stayed: June 2013

It is exciting for us to know that we played a special role in your recent honeymoon,
Congratulations!

Thank you for your suggestion for other travelers to investigate our package options, we have a great selection for any occasion and they are a great value.

We hope to see you on your many anniversaries to come!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here with my mother and two sons over the 4th of July weekend. On our first night we were in a king bed/pull out couch room. The room size was fine but we really needed a two queen bed room which we were given for the next two nights. The king mattress, by the way, was the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. The queen bed rooms are big and the four of us had plenty of room. We never felt like we were bumping into each other or trying to get out of each other's way.

The hotel buffet breakfast is complimentary and includes eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits/gravy, pastry, breads, cereal, fruits, juices and coffee. It was fantastic.

One of the hotel amenities that we used was the outdoor pool. It is on the small side but was very quaint. Soft classical music played in the background of the pool area and that was a nice touch. 4'3" was the deepest the pool got so that was nice since my kids are 8 and 9 years old. There were plenty of towels, comfortable lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas in the pool area and food service was available there.

We also used the gym. It had three treadmills, two elliptical machines, two bikes, some free weights, clean mats and a bench. The equipment was up to date and had attached TV screens/service to each machine. Not bad and definitely good enough for us. I believe there was the option to use another gym nearby if one wished to pay an additional fee.

The staff was very good. We had pleasant interactions with the front desk, food service personnel, housekeeping and doormen. We especially appreciated the hospitality from Michael Jenkins/Michael J. What a wonderful ambassador! We ran into him several times over our stay and each time he offered kind words, a friendly face, an interesting story or great suggestions for the area. My kids kept looking for him whenever we were in the lobby. This man is a gem.

The hotel was immaculate. Cleanliness is extremely important to me and this place was spotless.

Overall, I was very impressed . There was one little glitch with an early morning wake up call that keeps me from giving this hotel a perfect rating. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katy T

Another great word “divine”, one of it’s meanings in the dictionary is “heavenly”. Wow! We are truly honored by your review.

Mr. Jenkins’ official title is “Ambassador of Arrival”; it suits him to a “T”. We are extremely lucky to have a staff member who loves our guests and the role he plays in their O. Henry experience. He is a gem!

We hope you have the opportunity to come back and spend more time with us and Mr. Jenkins!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel looks, by design, as if it has been around for a very long time. It's furnishings and spaciousness are reminiscent of grand old hotels but with modern amenities. The food in the Green Valley Grill and the breakfast room were well prepared and tasty. The pool area is small but serviceable. The hotel room was large but the wood furniture could use refinishing. The bathroom products are Aveda and there was a long and deep tub as well as a glass enclosed shower. The staff were exceptionally friendly.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

What a great word “Comfortable” to describe the hotel, it is perfect!

One of the many things that sets the O. Henry apart from other hotels is the elegant, historic decor. Many of the styles featured were inspired by the original O. Henry Hotel (1919 – 1976) in downtown Greensboro. Many of our guests are surprised to find out that the hotel is only 14 years old; it looks like it was built in the 1920’s.

I am delighted that you recognized our wonderful bathtubs; they are one of my favorite features of the bathroom.

Come get "Comfortable" again with us soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here with my family, ages 7 to 80, and the O.Henry was a hit with everyone. The kids loved the afternoon tea and free O.Henry bars, my dad liked the bar and I loved super clean room and comfy bed. The lobby is wonderfully old school with pine panel walls and lots of plush chairs. Staff is great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tikithedog

Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to be able to offer a gracious array of amenities, and ones that appeal to all the members of your group. Our afternoon tea is delightful for all ages and the food is delicious.

Our OhHenry! Candy bars are in high demand by both our leisure guests and our corporate guests; we can’t seem to keep the jar full.

Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor, we look forward hosting your family again soon!