All reviewsthe green valley grillsouthern breakfastdressing areaclassical musicbeautiful hotelsister hotelwonderful restaurantfavorite hotelattached restaurantbreakfast buffettrufflerooms are largeon site restaurantroom servicefiltered waterevery staff membervisiting greensboro
Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you want a change from the usual chain with gracious southern hospitality this is the place for you. The staff rushes toward the lobby front door every time you enter to welcome you. The rooms are modern and spacious. If you are looking for scenery, there isn't much as you are near a major commercial area which of course provides convenience. The attached restaurant, The Green Valley Grill is terrific.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel will let you see more trees and less commercial area or parking lots. Rooms in the front allow you to see your car if security is an issue for you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Oh goodness! I have not replied to this review and it is a great one!

Thank you for recommending us to other travelers, we are different and provide a refreshing change from the chain hotels. We are southern hospitality at its best!

The O. Henry is located in an area that is close to downtown and a business park and we are with walking distance of beautiful gardens, greenways for walking and great shopping. Soon we will be providing bicycles that our guests can use to ride around the area.

Thank you again; we hope you get a chance to travel this way again in the near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here twice in the last month. It is such a lovely and well run hotel. The rooms are excellent and well appointed, the Green Valley Grill is exceptional (you can use the same menu in the bar if desired), and a wonderful breakfast buffet is available that puts most similar hotel offerings to shame. We always stay here. They do operate a more modern-style hotel nearby, too. You will not regret the time spent at this hotel, named for short story author O'Henry who hailed from these parts.

Room Tip: We suggest a high floor. The views are of modern Greensboro and nothing exceptional.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

How great you are to give us such wonderful accolades! We are thrilled that you always stay with us and we wanted our advocates to know that several updates will be happening to our rooms and common areas this summer. We hope you will return to see our design team’s latest additions to the hotel.

Green Valley Grill changes it’s menu every 4 – 6 weeks, come back soon to catch the next menu filled with lot’s of summer Farmer’s Market goodies and we will keep the grits (and all the other breakfast treats) waiting for you at breakfast!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay there for 2 weeks in May. The weeks were broken so I had 2 different rooms for the two weeks. I love the "old world" feel with the clean lines and amenities. I really love the room layout- I had a separate room for the shower, sink, tub and toilet with another sink in the dressing area - Very convenient. Plenty of room, fridge for my goodies, pool, bar, Green Valley Grill menu was excellent!! Shopping directly across the road has movies, grocery stores, drug stores, ice cream, restaurants- anything you need while in your hotel. The Shuttle service was Excellent perk as well!! I was very happy to stay with them. I will again! Thanks Martha B for your email for my feedback:)

Room Tip: I liked the 4th floor room better than the 6th floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

You are so kind to share your delight in the O.Henry Hotel in a Trip Advisor review. Thank you so much for your constructive and helpful comments, they help us improve our performance and be able to delight future guests.
See you again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I live in this area and love to take a night away at the O Henry. The rooms are nice and the lobby and breakfast area are beautiful. There is a shopping mall and lots of dining within walking distance. You do have to cross a busy street though.
The hotel dining is wonderful. It's my favorite restaurant in Greensboro but it is pricey. Well worth the money, but there are plenty of other options close.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

We are thrilled that the O. Henry is your getaway spot for a staycation! Once you arrive at the O. Henry, everything you might want is in the hotel or within walking distance; your car gets a vacation too!

Green Valley Grill is also my favorite and our other two restaurants, Lucky 32 and
Print Works Bistro come in at a close second. All are within a one mile radius of the hotel; each has a different menu and price point. We offer complimentary transportation to all of our restaurants. There is something for everyone!

We look forward to your next staycation.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Elite-class service, very nice property, great restaurant attached. Great example of true Southern-styled, elegant hotel. Good hot breakfast included, quite nice. My only complaints are the following (& I only mention these to help this hotel be the best!): Internet is painfully slow- I checked signal, all was strong...I think they may older equipment. Bath towels weren't up to par w/ a $225+/night hotel- very similar to a Marriott in quality, in that they were a bit cheap and scratchy. Was disappointed they didn't keep hot coffee in the lobby- would have been a really nice touch. Work-out room is very crowded, they have like 8 cardio machines stuffed into a very small space. Would be ALOT better if they took about 4 out & left open floor space for ab exercises, etc. Could really use some resistance bands, a balance ball or two & maybe a bosu ball. In the end, this hotel is very pricey but may be worth it for most high-end business travelers. Would probably stay again, but would likely scour for a better deal 1st. Great job O.Henry staff!

Room Tip: All are pretty much equal.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

This is what Trip Advisor is all about! We truly appreciate all of your great comments and suggestions about how we can better meet our guest’s expectations. We are always looking for ways that we can improve or enhance our guest experience. Our future guests will benefit from your observations and desire to help us be the best!

Check out our website when you are in the area again, we offer some wonderful deals and packages, we would love to have you stay with us in the future.