All reviewsthe green valley grillsouthern breakfastdressing areaclassical musicbeautiful hotelsister hotelwonderful restaurantfavorite hotelattached restaurantbreakfast buffettrufflerooms are largeon site restaurantroom servicefiltered waterevery staff membervisiting greensboro
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay there for 2 weeks in May. The weeks were broken so I had 2 different rooms for the two weeks. I love the "old world" feel with the clean lines and amenities. I really love the room layout- I had a separate room for the shower, sink, tub and toilet with another sink in the dressing area - Very convenient. Plenty of room, fridge for my goodies, pool, bar, Green Valley Grill menu was excellent!! Shopping directly across the road has movies, grocery stores, drug stores, ice cream, restaurants- anything you need while in your hotel. The Shuttle service was Excellent perk as well!! I was very happy to stay with them. I will again! Thanks Martha B for your email for my feedback:)

Room Tip: I liked the 4th floor room better than the 6th floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

You are so kind to share your delight in the O.Henry Hotel in a Trip Advisor review. Thank you so much for your constructive and helpful comments, they help us improve our performance and be able to delight future guests.
See you again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I live in this area and love to take a night away at the O Henry. The rooms are nice and the lobby and breakfast area are beautiful. There is a shopping mall and lots of dining within walking distance. You do have to cross a busy street though.
The hotel dining is wonderful. It's my favorite restaurant in Greensboro but it is pricey. Well worth the money, but there are plenty of other options close.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

We are thrilled that the O. Henry is your getaway spot for a staycation! Once you arrive at the O. Henry, everything you might want is in the hotel or within walking distance; your car gets a vacation too!

Green Valley Grill is also my favorite and our other two restaurants, Lucky 32 and
Print Works Bistro come in at a close second. All are within a one mile radius of the hotel; each has a different menu and price point. We offer complimentary transportation to all of our restaurants. There is something for everyone!

We look forward to your next staycation.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Elite-class service, very nice property, great restaurant attached. Great example of true Southern-styled, elegant hotel. Good hot breakfast included, quite nice. My only complaints are the following (& I only mention these to help this hotel be the best!): Internet is painfully slow- I checked signal, all was strong...I think they may older equipment. Bath towels weren't up to par w/ a $225+/night hotel- very similar to a Marriott in quality, in that they were a bit cheap and scratchy. Was disappointed they didn't keep hot coffee in the lobby- would have been a really nice touch. Work-out room is very crowded, they have like 8 cardio machines stuffed into a very small space. Would be ALOT better if they took about 4 out & left open floor space for ab exercises, etc. Could really use some resistance bands, a balance ball or two & maybe a bosu ball. In the end, this hotel is very pricey but may be worth it for most high-end business travelers. Would probably stay again, but would likely scour for a better deal 1st. Great job O.Henry staff!

Room Tip: All are pretty much equal.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

This is what Trip Advisor is all about! We truly appreciate all of your great comments and suggestions about how we can better meet our guest’s expectations. We are always looking for ways that we can improve or enhance our guest experience. Our future guests will benefit from your observations and desire to help us be the best!

Check out our website when you are in the area again, we offer some wonderful deals and packages, we would love to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great hotel. From the smiling service to the great rooms. Has a great bar and is attached to the Green valley Grill which has great food. Not anything bad to say about this place. Worth the price. This hotel rivals any one I have stayed at in any city.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Our entire staff along with the team at the Green Valley Grill would like to thank you for the wonderful review! Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here twice, once solo and this time because my spouse wanted to try it out. First time: room was drab and brown,brown,brown; furniture was badly chipped (not rustic!), complimentary breakfast was limited and often cold. Lobby is dark with lots of overstuffed chairs. Restaurant's food was disappointing. Second time: ditto. But spouse liked it, but plan to talk him into trying their sister property across the street, the W-like Proximity, or returning to my favorite, the Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank higham
Martha B, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. You will be interested to know that over the summer all of the furniture will be reupholstered with brighter designer fabrics and the desks and breakfronts will be refinished. It would be a favor to us if you'd contact me so that we can learn more about your stays.
mbryant@qwrh.com 336-544-9600