O.Henry Hotel
Comfort Suites Airport(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$76
ComfortSuites
$95
$189
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$76
$119
$142
$139
Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$59
Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$84
$149
$134
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$179
All reviewsthe green valley grillsouthern breakfastdressing areaseparate showersouthern charmwonderful hotelsister hotelbeautiful lobbyfavorite hotelbreakfast buffettrufflerooms are largeon site restaurantroom serviceevery staff membervisiting greensborogreensboro area
Reviewed August 10, 2012

And I'm someone who does over 150 hotel nights a year as a business traveler. Plus I get invited to some of the top properties in North America to work with clients on retreats, etc.
I've spent at least a couple of nights a year at the O. Henry for nearly 10 years. I rank it as the most subtly elegant and well-managed hotel I stay at. Just top notch.
I just completed a stay and had my first problem ever. My door lock would not accept either my keys or the management's master. They had engineering on it inside of 10 minutes and replaced the entire mechanism in less than 30 minutes.
The rooms are a perfect layout with work desk, sofa, hutch, and large very comfortable bed. Tastefully decorated. I've never heard any sound, ever, from any other room. The closet area and bath are a perfect combination of a permanent luggage bench (no need for a rickety stand), external sink. coffee service with good sized pot instead of the all-too-common cup-at-a-time server. Large, easily accessed closet. Separate tiled back with both shower and large tub. The cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in.
There's a welcoming bar, tea served in the lobby, and one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever had. Attentively prepared and maintained. Great lineup. Served in a lavishly-glassed dining area.
The staffing is as welcoming in a warmly professional way as the facilities. Every person who's served me at the front desk, restaurant, breakfast, or bar has been superbly trained but also someone you wanted to take along to your next destination.
There's a full restaurant and large bar area. They serve the best meals I've had in Greensboro.
The location is off the major interstates but on a large arterial with an excellent shopping area right across the street. Heck, there's even an Apple store a couple of blocks away.
Need I say more? I'll stop gushing and merely say stay here if you can.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good. I've fronted on Green Valley and Wendover but the construction is so good you won't have any noise issues. It's a compact hotel. Elevators run very frequently. You can't go wrong with any choice. There is a below-lobby-level floor but I've not stayed there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Thank you for your kind words! It is so exciting to hear that you enjoy our staff, the rooms, the restaurant and all the amenities in between, time after time. Thank you for sharing your experiences, and for staying with us as a loyal O.Henry guest. We look forward to seeing you again soon! I would love to know about the next time you are with us; if you get a chance please e-mail me at peggers@qwrh.com when you reserve. Until then, take care!
Regards,

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My best friend booked this hotel for us in order to have a girl's night out and go to the Rod Stewart/Stevie Nicks concert. Unfortunately, while we were having a pre-concert drink in the gorgeous bar, we found out the concert was canceled. However, the lovely experience we had at the O. Henry helped quell our disappointment. I cannot praise this hotel enough! From the stunning entry, the amazingly friendly front desk staff, the bar and bartenders, the service and wonderful food in the Green Valley Grille, the room, the bathroom decor (separate shower and bathub!) , the beautiful elevators, the social lobby, the southern buffet breakfast-everything was first rate. I live 4 hours from Greensboro, but I swear I would drive just to stay there. I am recommending it to all my friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

I heard about the cancelled concert, I hate that for everyone but happy to hear that your night with your best friend was still enjoyable. I will be sure to pass along to our front desk and restaurant teams the great job they did! We were honored to have you stay with us, and hope that we get to see you again soon!
Cheers,

Reviewed July 27, 2012

From the second the shuttle driver picked us up to the second he dropped us off it was incredible!! First off the shuttle driver was so so polite and welcoming. The staff at the front desk were absolutely the most pleasant people. Always smiling and greeting us by our names. I cant possibly compliment the staff enough!!! The room was very spacious and clean.The restaraunt....excellent! We had allot of fun swimming and laying in the sun!! Oh and you have to try their breakfasts OMG!!!!!! And Tea Time!!!!, We never attended, but it was great to see all the woman in their gorgeous hats having tea! The decor is amazing, right down to the elevators.Our stay was only for 6 days, so wishing it could have been longer. Can not wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bonnie C
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

I am thrilled to hear you had a nice stay with us! I agree with you on the breakfast…OMG! Did you have the stone ground local grits? They are my favorite. We look forward to the next time you visit! If you get a chance next time you stay with us please email me at peggers@qwrh.com so I can assist with anything from Tea reservations to airport transportation.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon, before heading into Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Everything about this place was great. The staff was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we knew we were welcome. Be sure to try their breakfast in the morning; it was a very nice spread. It rivaled that of many restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your marriage! We absolutely love it when brides and grooms honor us by choosing our hotel for their first night as a married couple, we think it is so much fun to welcome a bride and groom to the O.Henry! I hope your honeymoon was a blast, and we hope to see you soon (maybe for your anniversary).
Take care,

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is a real jewel. What makes it so great is the staff. From bellman to manager they are uniformly warm and friendly. The rooms are well appointed and good sized. The restaurant is excellent - one of the best in the area. Breakfast is included in the room rate. The suites are particularly well appointed and large.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Hello! It is very nice to hear that you experience our staff as warm and friendly. We have some great people here that love doing what they do, and we are very honored when it is recognized. I will be sure to share this with the team! Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!
Regards,