“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Greenville, North Carolina
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon, before heading into Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Everything about this place was great. The staff was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we knew we were welcome. Be sure to try their breakfast in the morning; it was a very nice spread. It rivaled that of many restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Congratulations on your marriage! We absolutely love it when brides and grooms honor us by choosing our hotel for their first night as a married couple, we think it is so much fun to welcome a bride and groom to the O.Henry! I hope your honeymoon was a blast, and we hope to see you soon (maybe for your anniversary).
Take care,
Peyton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is a real jewel. What makes it so great is the staff. From bellman to manager they are uniformly warm and friendly. The rooms are well appointed and good sized. The restaurant is excellent - one of the best in the area. Breakfast is included in the room rate. The suites are particularly well appointed and large.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Hello! It is very nice to hear that you experience our staff as warm and friendly. We have some great people here that love doing what they do, and we are very honored when it is recognized. I will be sure to share this with the team! Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!
Regards,
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just checked out of the O Henry after a three night stay. I didn't want to leave. What a great experience. Katie and Lauren at the front desk remembered our names as did the Porter Austin Jeffreys. They all had a beam on their faces every time I saw them.

Brooke let us get some breakfast a half hour after breakfast closed.

Everyone was amazingly polite, the service was great, the attitude was "bend over backwards" for the guest, the breakfast was magnificent and free, parking was free, valet parking was complementary. Internet access was complimentary.

The pool was fine the workout room was great and the business center was very adequate.

You really felt like you were in a premium class European "Mayberry." I can't wait to come back to Greensboro and the O Henry Hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Dave W
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I am so happy that you had a great time with us! I will be sure that Katie, Lauren, Austin and Brooke, as well as their leadership, know that they helped make your stay with us great. I have to agree that we have some amazing staff here and I am proud to work amongst them. We can't wait to have you back at our European "Mayberry"!
Kind Regards,
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We took a friend here for the 2PM High Tea that is offered daily in the Lobby. It was wonderful. The lobby is all dark wood and overstuffed sofa's with ladies chairs and antiques throughout. The service is wonderful and a nice choice of teas and treats to choose from, finger sandwiches and sweats. A great afternoon, we'll be back. Reservations suggested, especially for larger parties.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed tea, I think it is one of our best amenities we offer at the hotel. It is so much fun, and a really good reason to get out of this heat. We hope to see you again soon!
Cheers,
Atlanta
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This week was my 5th trip in 6 weeks and I can't tell you what a distinct pleasure it was to stay in this beautiful, comfortable and friendly hotel. From the front desk check-in to the lobby and restaurant, each person I connected with was genuinely caring, friendly and considerate.

The room was warmly & beautifully decorated. I am sorry I only got to stay one night! This is one of those places you wish you could stay a week because of all of the comfort, space, storage & amenities (Aveda products!) It was fun & unique to be greeted with a personal welcome on the thermostat!

My only (very minor) issues were with the low pressure shower, mini frig that barely cooled, and the usual bad in-room coffee condiments. (Powder creamer & Sweet & Low.) I expected more from a place this elegant. None of these negatively affected my stay in any way.

I had dinner in the Grill and it was superb! I will write a separate review on that. I can't wait to come back! (Over & over!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Hello! I am thrilled to hear that you have experienced us as friendly, and the rooms as comfortable week after week. Thank you for the information on items in the room we should look at, I will pass this along to our team for consideration. We value our guests' feedback because that is the best tool to know how we are doing as a hotel, and we thank you for your honesty. I would love to know about the next time you are staying, if you get a chance please email me at peggers@qwrh.com next time you have a reservation with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!
My Best,
Huntington, New York
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Although we arrived fashionably late for the time slot we had reserved for tea, our table was held and we were greeted and treated with the sincere southern charm. Our servers were gracious and accommodating. The little sandwiches, scones and treats were delicious and the selection of teas was amazing. The grandeur and elegance of the lobby “tea room” added to the overall quality of or the experience.

After tea we checked into our room and immediately noticed the rich accoutrements, comfortable beds, lush towels and spaciousness. The second sink outside the bathroom, extra bed-side table, and cleanliness of the accommodation also made us feel comfortable and pampered. I would be remiss, however, if I did not suggest that a ventilation fan in the bathroom, more forceful shower head, and less-loud refrigerator might be considered by management. And, although the noisy people partying in our hall way did eventually quiet down after 30 minutes or so, we could have done without them.

The breakfast buffet was more than adequate and delicious, and the dining environment both inside and outside was warm and welcoming. Every staff member with whom we came in contact was pleasant, helpful and sincere. Overall, our overnight and tea at the O.Henry was a great experience and we would definitely stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Be certain the shower head is not facing out before you turn on the water, or you and the bathroom f...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank betty313
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and for the valuable feedback on our rooms. I will send this information to our Design Team for consideration. It sounds like you were able to experience many of our amenities from Tea to breakfast, and I think that is the best way to do it! We hope to see you again soon!
Cheers,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the O'Henry to attend a graduation nearby. From the moment the car pulled up, people were standing by with a hand, a smile, and a helpful attitude. The front desk personnel were always friendly and courteous. The hotel lobby is just gorgeous, woodwork, warmth, luxury all exude from the entrance and parlor areas. Our room was large, well appointed and incredibly clean. In this day and age, cleanliness cannot be emphasized enough! Linens were lovely, and one key thing I want to applaud this hotel for is QUANTITY of towels. That may sound odd but reaching for a third towel and knowing it's there is pretty nice.
On site restaurants were also impressive. The morning breakfast buffet was very satisfying, and we had the pleasure of dining at the on-site bar and restaurant, Green Valley Grill, one evening where we enjoyed a top of the line meal and chose from a more than decent wine list.
I have not had the occasion to visit Greensboro before, but the O'Henry is the type of hotel that makes you want to return to a town, just to enjoy staying at the hotel! Kudos! I hope to return there someday soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank webgrrrl
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Congratulations to your Graduate! We had many guests with us celebrating graduations over the past few weekends, and we have just loved hosting everyone! Thank you for your kind words about our staff and telling us about how you experienced our rooms. We do value cleanliness and truly appreciate it when it is recognized. Come back and see us soon!
Regards,