$81
HIExpress.com
$100
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$134
$119
Hampton.com
$90
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

$85
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$84
Comfort Suites Airport(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$81
Comfort Inn Greensboro(Greensboro)(Great Value!)
$76
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

$119
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$159
$143
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

All reviewsthe green valley grillsouthern breakfastdressing areaclassical musicseparate showerwonderful hotelsister hotelfavorite hotelattached restaurantbreakfast buffettrufflerooms are largeon site restaurantroom servicefiltered waterevery staff membervisiting greensboro
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This week was my 5th trip in 6 weeks and I can't tell you what a distinct pleasure it was to stay in this beautiful, comfortable and friendly hotel. From the front desk check-in to the lobby and restaurant, each person I connected with was genuinely caring, friendly and considerate.

The room was warmly & beautifully decorated. I am sorry I only got to stay one night! This is one of those places you wish you could stay a week because of all of the comfort, space, storage & amenities (Aveda products!) It was fun & unique to be greeted with a personal welcome on the thermostat!

My only (very minor) issues were with the low pressure shower, mini frig that barely cooled, and the usual bad in-room coffee condiments. (Powder creamer & Sweet & Low.) I expected more from a place this elegant. None of these negatively affected my stay in any way.

I had dinner in the Grill and it was superb! I will write a separate review on that. I can't wait to come back! (Over & over!)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Hello! I am thrilled to hear that you have experienced us as friendly, and the rooms as comfortable week after week. Thank you for the information on items in the room we should look at, I will pass this along to our team for consideration. We value our guests' feedback because that is the best tool to know how we are doing as a hotel, and we thank you for your honesty. I would love to know about the next time you are staying, if you get a chance please email me at peggers@qwrh.com next time you have a reservation with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!
My Best,

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Although we arrived fashionably late for the time slot we had reserved for tea, our table was held and we were greeted and treated with the sincere southern charm. Our servers were gracious and accommodating. The little sandwiches, scones and treats were delicious and the selection of teas was amazing. The grandeur and elegance of the lobby “tea room” added to the overall quality of or the experience.

After tea we checked into our room and immediately noticed the rich accoutrements, comfortable beds, lush towels and spaciousness. The second sink outside the bathroom, extra bed-side table, and cleanliness of the accommodation also made us feel comfortable and pampered. I would be remiss, however, if I did not suggest that a ventilation fan in the bathroom, more forceful shower head, and less-loud refrigerator might be considered by management. And, although the noisy people partying in our hall way did eventually quiet down after 30 minutes or so, we could have done without them.

The breakfast buffet was more than adequate and delicious, and the dining environment both inside and outside was warm and welcoming. Every staff member with whom we came in contact was pleasant, helpful and sincere. Overall, our overnight and tea at the O.Henry was a great experience and we would definitely stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Be certain the shower head is not facing out before you turn on the water, or you and the bathroom floor will get wet!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank betty313
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Hello! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and for the valuable feedback on our rooms. I will send this information to our Design Team for consideration. It sounds like you were able to experience many of our amenities from Tea to breakfast, and I think that is the best way to do it! We hope to see you again soon!
Cheers,

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the O'Henry to attend a graduation nearby. From the moment the car pulled up, people were standing by with a hand, a smile, and a helpful attitude. The front desk personnel were always friendly and courteous. The hotel lobby is just gorgeous, woodwork, warmth, luxury all exude from the entrance and parlor areas. Our room was large, well appointed and incredibly clean. In this day and age, cleanliness cannot be emphasized enough! Linens were lovely, and one key thing I want to applaud this hotel for is QUANTITY of towels. That may sound odd but reaching for a third towel and knowing it's there is pretty nice.
On site restaurants were also impressive. The morning breakfast buffet was very satisfying, and we had the pleasure of dining at the on-site bar and restaurant, Green Valley Grill, one evening where we enjoyed a top of the line meal and chose from a more than decent wine list.
I have not had the occasion to visit Greensboro before, but the O'Henry is the type of hotel that makes you want to return to a town, just to enjoy staying at the hotel! Kudos! I hope to return there someday soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank webgrrrl
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Congratulations to your Graduate! We had many guests with us celebrating graduations over the past few weekends, and we have just loved hosting everyone! Thank you for your kind words about our staff and telling us about how you experienced our rooms. We do value cleanliness and truly appreciate it when it is recognized. Come back and see us soon!
Regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We go to Greensboro twice a year for furniture market, and we stay at the O"Henry or at the Proximity, its "brother" hotel a couple blocks away. We like the O"Henry better because it is cozier, and the water is steaming hot for a nice hot shower! The rooms are spacious and clean, the best restaurant, the Green Valley Grill, is right there, so you do not have to worry about where to go after a long day of work at market.
The location is excellent, you have the Friendly Center across the street, there are very good restaurants like Fleming's steakhouse, nice stores and a great new Whole Foods supermarket, which is paradise!
My only suggestion is they should have umbrellas available for guests. We stayed there in april and we had 2 days of nasty rain... it is very hard to travel nowadays with umbrellas, due to all the security restrictions, and you can't pack large umbrellas in your suitcase. The little ones they sell at the sundries shop at the hotel are really worthless, you get all wet anyway. And then you don't want to carry one more little useless umbrella home and spend money on it... All great hotels of the world have nice big umbrellas available for guests to use if it is raining, it would really be very helpful.
The O"Henry chocolates on your pillow at night and the ones always available at the lobby are a great touch!
We are looking forward to staying at the O"Henry again in the fall.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank natalia64
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have so much fun here at the hotel during Market, and love seeing our repeat guests!
Thank you so much for your advice on umbrellas. I am taking this to our team to see if this is something that we can do. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experiences and thrive on hearing feedback directly from our guests.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I've waited too long to write this review. What a wonderful pleasant experience for two nights on a short trip. Staff was very skilled and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast in the Atrium was about as good as I've seen anywhere short of the Greenbrier or the Homestead, though a lot more casual. Rooms are very well appointed, roomy and with extra amenities. Great central location to everything in Greensboro. A lovely experience in a gentle, non-assuming Southern city.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is the best view, otherwise your overlooking a Mall, a Hospital or other business parks. One thing about Greensboro that always impressed me was the gentle rolling landscape and foliage which lets the city live up to it's name "Greens"boro.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dean M
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, and I am thrilled it was a pleasant one! Keep a look out for a summer special, we usually do something that is a great deal and perfect for the weekends. We would love to have you back!