All reviewsthe green valley grillsouthern breakfastdressing areaclassical musicbeautiful hotelsister hotelwonderful restaurantfavorite hotelattached restaurantbreakfast buffettrufflerooms are largeon site restaurantroom servicefiltered waterevery staff membervisiting greensboro
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I surprised my wife for Valentine's Day with one of the O'Henry Hotel packages. It's the second time we've stayed there and it was WONDERFUL! The afternoon tea, the room, the roses, the chocolate covered strawberries, the sparkling cider, the restaurant, the shampoo, the soap, the towels, the breakfast, absolutely everything was beyond WONDERFUL! Thank you, O'Henry, for making our special evening special.

• Stayed: February 2012
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Our team gets so excited during the month of February with our romantic packages, we are thrilled to hear it was a good experience for you. Aren’t those strawberries wonderful? Check out our Package Spotlight next time you are looking for a romantic getaway, and if you don’t see something you like, give us a call and we will design something special for you and your sweetie!

Cheers,

Reviewed February 16, 2012

What a treat to stay at the O Henry Hotel! The beautiful paneled wood lobby with high ceilings and a portrait of the writer O Henry himself set the tone. High tea is served in the comfortable lobby area. There is also a beautiful bar and restaurant. The staff is very friendly but professional. They even have complimentary O Henry candy bars for guests! The rooms were luxurious but with modern amenities. A very special place.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janetpn

Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the lobby, it is one of my favorite parts of the hotel. We hope to see you next time you are in the area, we will be sure to have an O.Henry candy bar waiting for you!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Wow, my husband really surprised me with a stay at O. Henry. I never expressed to him that I wanted to stay here. We are triad residents, so I have seen the outside of the hotel plenty of times. Well last night I final saw the inside. It is gorgeous!!! We have been treated like special guest from the moment we got our luggage out our vehicle. Great customer service from the staff we encountered. Our waiter last night was wonderful. The room is outstanding - I love the bathroom. It's great to have a hotel like this in the local area.

I would like to mention that our room was a little cold. Even with the heat turned up, there was a cold draft. The covers on the bed were thick enough for me not to call room service, lol. Even with that minor issue, we will return in the future!!!

J&Y Taylor

Room Tip: 5th floor facing parking lot has been cozy & noise free.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Happy 20th Anniversary! We are honored you shared such a special day with us, thank you! I am glad you enjoyed your stay (and I agree with you on the bathrooms, I think they are the best part about the rooms). Thank you for sharing about the room temperature, we will investigate that and ensure the room is heating correctly. We look forward to your next time with us!
My Best, Peyton

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Gentlemen spend the time to make a reservation and choose a package for your sweetheart. The location to shopping,restaurants and Greensboros social scene is ideal. The hotel and staff is a taste from old world elegance without losing our modern amenities. You will owe me!

Room Tip: Choose a package that best suites your taste.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Thank you for staying with us, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our romantic packages! We have some great packages for Valentine's this month and offer many packages throughout the year. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We live in the area, but had a chance to spend a night here recently. This is an excellent hotel that strives for perfection.

Pros: Very nice room. Excellent front desk staff. Beautiful lobby area. Most of the employees are very well trained. Very clean room and bathroom!

Cons:

We used their van service 2 times. The first driver was outstanding, but the second driver needed some improvement (e.g. He was playing loud music in the van that wasn't particularly pleasant.)

The restaurant needs to train their wait staff better. Our waitress came to our table with 2 salads and 2 glasses of wine in her full hands and just kind of plopped the stuff down on the table. Not exactly a first class presentation.

Their breakfast buffet was somewhat mediocre and they ran out of tables. Someone finally guided us to another room.

This is a solid 4-star hotel and Greensboro is fortunate to have the O. Henry and its sister property the Proximity.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FL410
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2012

Hello! Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We are grateful for your honest feedback, it allows us to work on the ways in which we did not meet our standards. I have shared the feedback with our team and we are working on fixing the issues you experienced.

If you have another opportunity to visit us, we would love to have you back! Call me directly at 336-544-9603 and I will ensure we take great care of you.