All reviewsthe green valley grillsouthern breakfastdressing areaclassical musicbeautiful hotelsister hotelwonderful restaurantfavorite hotelattached restaurantbreakfast buffettrufflerooms are largeon site restaurantroom servicefiltered waterevery staff membervisiting greensboro
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We enjoyed staying there but had imagined the rooms being nicer. Definitely needs updating but the service was great. Would stay there again for a special occasion if the price was right. Too expensive for the rooms. Its not the Ritz.

• Stayed: July 2011
EggersP, Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Thank you for the feedback! Our design team is constantly looking for ways to improve our rooms and we love hearing what our guests think. If you have any further information I would love to hear it, my e-mail is peggers@qwrh.com. If you are in the Greensboro area during the Holidays keep us in mind, we have a lot of great specials to offer. Thank you, Peyton

Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel - not only is it beautiful & well maintained, the staff consists of folks who are highly focused on delivering excellent customer service. What's even better is there is an excellent restaurant in the hotel - Green Valley Grill - superb. Perfect hotel and restaurant for special occaisions.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

I am so happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay! Check out Green Valley Grill’s most recent menu, the pasta purses are incredible! – Peyton

Reviewed October 12, 2011

This hotel is a remarkable and unique place to stay. There is so much to see and take in while staying at the O Henry. From the painted wall mural to the various water color paintings that are originals, and the engraved story of Magi, it is truly a sight to see and a very comfortable atmosphere. The staff will meet or supersede your expectations. At least the did mine, from the 1st time my husband and I stayed there to 5 years later when we recently stayed. The staff is very polite, friendly, and accommodating. We used the complimentary shuttle and ate dinner at Print Works, the French bistro, and the next day we had lunch at the Green Valley Grill. Both places were absolutely amazing - from the dining atmosphere, wine & food selection, and knowledgeable staff we were really impressed all around. The food was delicious and served promptly and tasted well above our expectations. I will definitely be telling and recommending this hotel to more people because of all the other wonderful things about this place. On the 1st level there is an office, and my husband was able to finish up some work and I was able to get a great workout as well. My husband needed to get a fax and have it signed and faxed right back for work and Robert was very helpful in assisting him to do this. We also left a few things behind in our room and I talked to Sara on the phone and she was able to track these items down and have them sent to my house. I think anyone would be significantly amazed to stay at the O Henry and will be very comfortable and accommodated for anything they had in mine.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us! I will be sure to pass along to our team how well they did. I am so excited that you enjoyed the art; we have an artist-in-residence, Chip Holton, and sometimes you can find him painting scenes of O.Henry Afternoon Tea in the Social Lobby. We hope to see you again soon. Take care, Peyton.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

Wow, what a beautiful hotel. From the minute we walked in, we knew we were in for a treat. This place is gorgeous. I have stayed in so awesome places and this ranks up there with the best of them. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. They were so clean it looked as though we were the first to ever stay in this room. The beds were firm but not hard. I slept like a baby! Service is very warm and accommodating. I was not expecting this in Greensboro, it has the feel of a luxury resort hotel. Book your room, you won' be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2011
bartortiz, General Manager at O.Henry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

Bart

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I love stating in luxury hotels. The idea that everything is just a call button away has always made me feel like a royalty. I love being spoiled, room service, breakfast in bed, having my bed turned down when I come back after a long day of galavanting, having my bed made every morning, and many other things. I can't afford top drawer all the time, but I do splurge once a year for a weekend or more. This was the most worthwhile splurges in a long time!

-If you have a car parking is abundant, safe and convenient.

-The lobby was graceful and stylish.

-The bedroom was superior, elegantly furnished, aesthetically laid out, spacious, and welcoming. The beds are huge, very comfortable, the linens crispy clean, and odorless (I'm sensitive to odors).

-The bathroom was spotlessly cleaned every day, always well equipped with sundries and more than enough bath linens.

-The front desk staff were all accommodating without being overbearing; skilled without being high handed. (Except for one night male staffer.)

-The room service was stupendous! And the food (in house restaurant) was scrumptious, lip smacking and delectable.. Every item we ordered from the menu was unique and delicious. The chef made food and wine recommendations that were on the spot. We ate in on all three nights of our stay, always ordering different foods.

I love it, I will definitely go back..and you should too.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

I'm thrilled to hear that your stay was a good one and that you were able to experience and appreciate some of our amenities and wonderful staff.

Bart