After an interesting off road drive (definitely do not attempt in a low wheelbase car), this was a perfect find. Great location and accommodation & excellent service, together with good wholesome food cooked to order and brought to your unit. Spent a day visiting the local battlefields with Paul Garner, an extremely knowledgeable guide who is passionate about the history. Then the following day walked up the hill above Rorke's Drift with the other local guide Thulani Khuzwayo, who I also highly recommend, to get the Zulu perspective. There is also wonderful canine company at the Lodge - I really miss Max the Ridgeback!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rorke's Drift Lodge is perched above the Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana Battlefields where the mighty Zulu nation and British Empire came to blows in 1879. The Lodge caters to the historical enthusiast looking to immerse themselves in poignant tales of yesteryear. World class guided tours coupled with friendly South African hospitality,superb food and a taste of the African Bush make this an experience to remember forever. We also offer horseriding on the property and can arrange for hunting and bass fishing expeditions in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rorke's Drift Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rorke`s Drift Hotel Rorke`s Drift
- Rorke's Drift Lodge South Africa/KwaZulu-Natal