We spend one night at Rorkes Drift Lodge - far too short! My husband, my son and myself visited the Battlefields and needed a place to stay overnight. The accommodation at Rorkes Drift Lodge is absolutely fantastic. The setting and the ambience is wonderful. The accommodation is really top class, modern appliances in the self-catering chalets - I am very impressed. The decor and paintings are brilliant. Sitting on our private verandah looking out at the view was great. Sunsets and sunrise with birds all around - what a gem!! The owners are very accommodating and friendly. We received a warm welcome when we arrived and felt at home. The rates for accommodation is very reasonable for what you are getting - very affordable. What an amazing place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rorke's Drift Lodge is perched above the Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana Battlefields where the mighty Zulu nation and British Empire came to blows in 1879. The Lodge caters to the historical enthusiast looking to immerse themselves in poignant tales of yesteryear. World class guided tours coupled with friendly South African hospitality,superb food and a taste of the African Bush make this an experience to remember forever. We also offer horseriding on the property and can arrange for hunting and bass fishing expeditions in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rorke's Drift Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rorke`s Drift Hotel Rorke`s Drift
- Rorke's Drift Lodge South Africa/KwaZulu-Natal