We stayed here as we wished to visit the battlefields. We stayed in self catering,which was very well equipped , with spacious bedroom, large walk in shower with views which are hard to beat.
Whilst it's a bit of the beaten track, this should not put you off and would recommend Rorkes Drift lodge to anyone.
The staff are attentive without being overbearing and offer menus if you wish to have meals cooked for you and delivered to your lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rorke's Drift Lodge is perched above the Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana Battlefields where the mighty Zulu nation and British Empire came to blows in 1879. The Lodge caters to the historical enthusiast looking to immerse themselves in poignant tales of yesteryear. World class guided tours coupled with friendly South African hospitality,superb food and a taste of the African Bush make this an experience to remember forever. We also offer horseriding on the property and can arrange for hunting and bass fishing expeditions in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rorke's Drift Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rorke`s Drift Hotel Rorke`s Drift
- Rorke's Drift Lodge South Africa/KwaZulu-Natal